1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
eeek, such a mess. Don't want to sound harsh but you should have at least opened them if you were gonna try to brush-paint them. If you really want to fix them you will have to. Look, get a 1/4 metal thread for your drill and simply put the car belly up in a rag and start drilling exactly over the rivet, eventually the car will pop. Then give ONLY THE METAL PARTS some paint remover or throw them in thinner for a few days to remove both the brushed paint and the original paint. You may have to use a thooth brush to remove the paint that refuses to go. After you taake them out, wash them very VERY well with soap water to remove any trace of thinner or grease.

For the plastic parts that got stained by paint, you will need to clean them with alcohol or, at most, nail color remover, that green thing. Get a dab of cotton and remove all the paint you can. For the glass of the car, do not use the green thing, use only alcohol. When you have all the paint out, you'll notice your glass is dull now. A bit of car polish could take care of that. If not, you may have to sand it in order to make it bright and shiny again.

With the car in pieces it is way easier to paint them, even if you are gonna try the brush again, though you'd be better off with a cheap spray can, you'll have better results even if you don't primer the cars. The problem with trying to mask the cars with normal masking tape is that the paint comes in no matter what you do, you'd need Tamiya or some pro-grade masking tape to avoid the stains, but it's pretty expensive.

I'd give them another go and try to fix them up, both cars deserve it, they are both really nice castings and pretty old and somewhat rare.

👍👍
thank you so much for great advice!
i will try to fix it next week hopefully with better results

👍👍
thank you so much for great advice!
i will try to fix it next week hopefully with better results

I've tried to do the same thing with a Maisto Citroen Xsara when I was a kid, so it could look like the rally one. It was a mess.

Heres one i'm gonna customize to look like my actual MK2 golf.
On a transporter right now. Rivet drilled out and ready for a respray....

Definitely staying tuned in for this.

though you'd be better off with a cheap spray can, you'll have better results even if you don't primer the cars.

That's what I use. 👍

yeah I Know but I was sooo excited I rush it to much :dunce:

Happy Days! :D one day one shop

Nissan 350Z, Pontiac Firebird, Porsche 911 GT2, Honda S2000, Megane Trophy, Lamborghini Reventon Roadster, The Batmobile

It's all good, just do what Cano said and you should do alright.

Nice buy! Same cars have been on the pegs here for a while. Nothing too fresh here. Others have been getting Studebaker Champs and the Pennzoil Buick GSX.

Went shopping the other day, and whilst I didn't find any Hotwheels or Matchbox cars that I liked, I did see Tomica sets in Big W. Hopefully this means that single-pack Tomicas will be available in Australia.
Also, for the bargain hunters here in Oz, Sam's Warehouse is currently having a 2 Hotwheels for $3 deal at the moment.

Do you have the Metaflake Silver Manx (with Manx on hood) with FTEs? I think thats the top dollar car.

Afraid not. Just these. I am always on the hunt though.

I've always liked those and the set they came in, but they aare pricey :crazy: some day maybe I'll chime in.

I know, it was a sneaky impulse buy. Got mine from ebay for about £50.
I could probably sell the vans for £30 if I listed them.

Regarding the MK2 Golf....
Definitely staying tuned in for this.

I'll try to make a start at the weekend. :dopey:

This was a car I bought back to life I did a while ago. Used to be one of my favourite cars. The wheels were bent, paint was chipped but it turned out great.

dscf0211t.jpg

Only new cars I have gotten in about 2 months as I can't find anything.

dscf0209me.jpg

This is my collection so far:

dscf0212w.jpg

There are a bunch of other loose cars but nothing noteable to bother taking a photo.

dscf0213a.jpg

Close ups here:

http://img571.imageshack.us/g/dscf0213a.jpg/

You got the new VW and that truck I want! :mad:

Seems I need to look around more. Also forgot to mention I picked up the Hotwheels Garage Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona the other day as well. 👍

They literally only have just come out. Someone I know mentioned a supermarket chain started getting them so I visited one today and had some luck. I'm going to try others over the next few days. Still need to find the megane trophy, s2000 and 308 gts. let alone the other thunts that have come out.

J-PaP
They literally only have just come out. Someone I know mentioned a supermarket chain started getting them so I visited one today and had some luck. I'm going to try others over the next few days. Still need to find the megane trophy, s2000 and 308 gts. let alone the other thunts that have come out.

Yup, I just checked my K-Mart in Manhattan (kind of out of the way for me) and they just got these. Found the new Batmobile, Champ, Demon, and Pennzoil GNX. No stores in my area have them, though. I literally checked more than 10 stores that carry Hot Wheels and no luck.

BTW, nice restore J-PaP.

My eBay win arrived yesterday. Here's some pics of it and my pick-ups today.
IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

Found a GT-500 with PR5 wheels.
IMG_1690.jpg

Last edited:
This was a car I bought back to life I did a while ago. Used to be one of my favourite cars. The wheels were bent, paint was chipped but it turned out great.

dscf0211t.jpg

Only new cars I have gotten in about 2 months as I can't find anything.

dscf0209me.jpg

This is my collection so far:

dscf0212w.jpg

There are a bunch of other loose cars but nothing noteable to bother taking a photo.

dscf0213a.jpg

Close ups here:

http://img571.imageshack.us/g/dscf0213a.jpg/

So. Much. Cars. :eek:

lol I forgot to mention it in my post. The interior is backwards that is why it looks like that.

Cars with faults are worth money to collectors on ebay. I sold a mustang with mixed wheels for around £7 once.

J-Pap, I neeeeed the Brasilia and red Baja BADLY :drool:

M-power, That BMW is very nice. I want that too :drool:

Got the MK2 sitting in a pot of paint stripper right now. I'll check it later today.

Your skyline avatar pic is excellent. That car was the best moneymake in GT1 or GT2...I think I won and sold that car 50 times.

That car is the Silhouette Skyline. Why this car isn't in GT5 is beyond me. GT2 was the best step forward PD made with the series. Seems like they've been going backwards ever since.

A few more for your eyes......

Some MK5 golfs. The red one was a K-mart special that I bought on the bay..
11042011290-1.jpg

Bugatti Veyrons. Again, the red one was only issued in the US...
11042011286.jpg

Afew Ferraris. Hey, I recognise that one in the front. Didn't cost me 20,000,000 though...
11042011270.jpg

Who you gonna call?...
11042011278.jpg

Some of Batmans rides. The large one is of the colour shifters variety...
11042011262-1.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently so. I only got the blue one here. Must have been a wal or k-mart special.

More?....

MK2 golfs....
11042011272.jpg

Custom Beetles....
11042011266.jpg

This bus is all white:rolleyes:....
11042011265.jpg

AMC Gremlin.....
11042011263.jpg

A couple of Things and an SP7....
11042011276.jpg

And 2 new Sciroccos.....
11042011277.jpg

I haven't posted any pictures, because I haven't bought much and the camera decided to not work, but I have some now.

First up my favorite new casting. In both colors!

BMWM3coupe.jpg

Finally got my hands on the DeLorean too!
DeLorean1.jpg

Neat looking Dodge
Dodgechallengerdriftcar.jpg

An El camino

Elcamino1.jpg

And some awesome Lamborghini's
Lamborghini.jpg

And another different Lambo just for good measure.
LamborghiniGallardoLP-570-4superleggera1.jpg

This casting is also good. Too bad about the rear lights looking funny.
Porsche911GT21.jpg

Porsche911GT2.jpg

And a T-hunt!
T-bird.jpg

Funny thing is there were two of these at the store. I bought the first one and after I think just a bit shy of a month the other is still there!
Kind of tells you about the state of collecting these here.

I also got a Ferrari 330
Ferrari330P41.jpg

I also got this awesome Ferrari 10 pack.
I'll start from the worst.

FerrariF501.jpg

This F50 is cool and all, but it's just so boring for some reason.

Ferrari 599 GTB
Ferrari599GTB1.jpg

It's pretty nice.

575GTC
Ferrari575GTCyellow1.jpg

I like this one a lot. Displays really well next to the speed machines one.

Ferrari 288GTO
Ferrari288GTOwhite1.jpg

I already had this casting, but in a strange metallic orange that looks matte.
This pearl white looks infinitely better!

430 scuderia!

Ferrari430scuderia1.jpg

Appart from the golden wheels I absolutely love this one! And Hot Wheels managed to get the lines on in the center too! Awesome. My favorite from the pack.

And finally a Majorette. Because everyone likes Majorettes.

Nissanmurano.jpg

Nissanmurano1.jpg

This Nissan Murano is pretty cool. The hood opens and it has the Majorette suspension! Even the paint is pretty nice, because Majorette have disappointed me in that department before.

Yep, I love Majorettes. They still make die-casts? Nice cars, by the way.

Edit - Thinking on restoring this car, any tips on how to do it?

p1020365h.jpg

p1020366t.jpg

p1020367q.jpg

p1020369az.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I love Majorettes. They still make die-casts? Nice cars, by the way.

Yes they do.
In fact here's my Majorette photo gallery. Take a look if you want.
As for that restration job, basically just take it appart, strip the paint, repaint it a color of your liking and perform some detailing (I know not that helpful, am I? :lol:)
I'd keep it as is though. It's still pretty nice.

EDIT:
I have decided I'll restore a Hot Wheels I have. I could never bring myself to repaint one of my childhood cars. Too many fun times.
But I will restore this Veyron I got for 1€ from my friend. It's seen better days and I'm hoping to turn it into a super sports. :dopey:

Last edited:
Yes they do.
In fact here's my Majorette photo gallery. Take a look if you want.
As for that restration job, basically just take it appart, strip the paint, repaint it a color of your liking and perform some detailing (I know not that helpful, am I? :lol:)
I'd keep it as is though. It's still pretty nice.

EDIT:
I have decided I'll restore a Hot Wheels I have. I could never bring myself to repaint one of my childhood cars. Too many fun times.
But I will restore this Veyron I got for 1€ from my friend. It's seen better days and I'm hoping to turn it into a super sports. :dopey:

Also have the Challenger drift car and the E92 M3. Albeit in different colors though (but I have the M3 in boring white). Nice cars by the way. 👍

Here's my collection of hot wheels cars, i only collect manufactured ones and concepts (but not from hot wheels themselves). Red highlighted ones are the one i like:

Buggati Veyron (but i lost it 👎)
Acura HSC
Top Secret (the tuning company) Nissan 350Z
A black version of the 350Z
Jaguar XJ220
Ferrari GTO (im not sure which one, but it's before 1990)
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari FXX (the modded Enzo)
Lotus Exige
Dodge Challenger
Plymouth Superbird

I know i have more, but i forgot the names of them :dunce:

Hay I have some of those too but I got pictures
Plymouth Superbird
picturerx.jpg
picture002wv.jpg

My two Lotus Exiges(I think tell me if I'm wrong)
picture003ja.jpg

picture004xk.jpg

My Bugatti Veryron
picture005hp.jpg

picture006rf.jpg

My TOP SECRET 350Z
picture007la.jpg

picture008qkx.jpg

My Enzo
picture009ng.jpg

picture010rn.jpg

My Jaguar XJ220
picture011k.jpg

picture012t.jpg

And my Ferrari GTO
picture013e.jpg

picture014av.jpg

Bonus: my Ferrari 250 LM
picture015vc.jpg

picture016iw.jpg

👍

The TOP SECRET Z is awesome. 👍 Didn't know about that one.

Good grab on the T-Hunt, Apokalipse.

So, today I went looking for Hot Wheels and I scored my very first T-Hunt, as well as getting to know the workers who handle the shipments of Hot Wheels at the place I bought them at. It was right under my nose! Funny thing is, is that the place is an independent pharmacy, but somehow gets enough Hot Wheels every month to fill a decent sized display. Long story short, I've exchanged numbers with the lady there (I think she liked me. :lol:) and told me to call in about 2 weeks and ask for Cicilia, if I don't hear back from them about another shipment.

IMG_1704.jpg

My own hot wheels series (should I make a thread or not for this) number one
The Fast Five
picture023z.jpg

consists of...

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG
picture024q.jpg

Dodge Viper GTS-R
picture025ma.jpg

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
picture026ei.jpg

24 Ours