1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I got 2 variations of the copo corvette
picture089i.jpg

and can somebody tell me what this is (the name)
picture090v.jpg

Cano--I keep everything that meets a particular standard. They must roll straight and be in presentable condition. Not collectable, but presentable. (C7-8) Most are minty, but those that are not are close. I also will display any car with UH wheels. They are my favorite mass-produced wheel---though the more rare wheels available in 1993-94 like screechers and screamin's are my actual favorite. [I enjoy the hunt to find the cars (mostly playset cars) that have them] I'm Still looking for a G-Force Set Porsche and the Orange Miata, but one day I'll find one. :)

EDIT: I HAVE FOUND BOTH THE PORSCHE AND THE MIATA AT THE FLEA MARKET FOR $1!!

Last edited:
I wish we had a market or a store here that sold older hotwheels. Even on ebay there is not much locally even in terms of bulk lots. Need to shop from overseas to find anything worth getting.

and can somebody tell me what this is (the name)
picture090v.jpg

That is a McDonalds Happy Meal ambulance, from about 5 years ago. Excelent tire donor.

Cano--I keep everything that meets a particular standard. They must roll straight and be in presentable condition. Not collectable, but presentable. (C7-8) Most are minty, but those that are not are close. I also will display any car with UH wheels. They are my favorite mass-produced wheel---though the more rare wheels available in 1993-94 like screechers and screamin's are my actual favorite. [I enjoy the hunt to find the cars (mostly playset cars) that have them] I'm Still looking for a G-Force Set Porsche and the Orange Miata, but one day I'll find one. :)

Yeah, I also keep the ones that are in good shape, only if the car is too rare will I keep it even in tattered form... for example, the other day arrived from E-Bay the gold chrome Hemi Eliminator... or something like that, the 70 Cuda Funny car. It isn't in the best of shapes but come on, finding that is hard as heck. some day it may come in better shape, and the one I have now will be passed on to someone else.

As for the wheels, it's strange that you like UHs the most, most people I know dont like that wheel. I love it, but I tink my fave mass-produced wheel is the Hot One, gold or not, and the Co-Molded 5 spoke. Torq Thrusts for the win.

And also, you should have told me. I recently sold a minty G-Force Porsche.

Hehe, and I got a black one. :cool: How many variations are there?

Three, the black one bein' the most recent.

Went to the store and finally found that Miura! Also got other cars, Evolution 9 Police vehicle, Lotus Europa, Civic, Citroen C4.

Will post pictures later.

Ah, I had forgotten, I took these pics the other day for $miglo, both cars he recently repainted, here are mine:
IMG_3794.jpg

The Ford pickup is complete with its rear camper, the main difference 'tween mine and yours is that mine has a chrome base, yours had the white one.
IMG_3796.jpg

And the Pontiac, which is the very same. I love this model.
IMG_3798.jpg

cheers (:

Love this thread 👍 Going to look in the attic later and try and find all my childhood collection, hope they're still up there. In the mean time, I found a Opel Speedster on a book shelve, was a bit random..

Got my 510 done, it's cherry red. It has painted side markers in the front and the rear, though you could barely tell in the pics. Also, not sure which wheels to go with.

IMG_1821.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

I had forgotten to reply to tis: M-Power, with the black wheels with Goodyear lettering, undoubtedlty. Also, if you could paint the chin spoiler flat black, it would look awesomely better.

And welcome nine_Hundrer to the thread, YES! look for your cars and let uts see them, I highly enjoy seeing old cars like the ones posted lately.

Here's a few dodgy pictures, managed to find around 25+ cars (and helicopter) Some of them have pen markings on where I got creative as a kid.. :guilty:

aXGqM.png

eZpFZ.png

nGaZh.png

From Left to right;

BMW X5
Hotwheels Helicopter
NASA Transporter '85
Jaguar XJ220 '92
Renault 11 '85
Volvo Truck '84
Jaguar XJ6 Police Car '91 (covered in marker)
Random Matchbox Truck carrier
Ford Tractor '78
Peterbilt Truck '81
Ford Cargo Skip Truck '86
Tree Care Utility Truck '89
London Taxi
No.9 AMX Javelin '72
Vauxhall Frontera '94
Carmichael Cammando '82
Refuse Truck '79
Another Peterbilt Truck '81
Mercedes 300 Fire Chief
Land Rover Ninety '87
Peterbilt Police Truck '81
Buick LeSabre Nascar '87 (I decided the Livery would look better covered in black marker)
Rhino Rod '94
Nissan 300zx '90 (the weird paint used to be white splats on a black body)
Nissan_300zx-black.jpg

Porsche
Castrol Jaguar XJR9
Porsche 956
Lledo Walkers Promotional Van

Last edited:
at least you weren't to creative
sorry for the blur
picture091us.jpg

a clearer image
picture092lj.jpg

btw here's two hot wheels i found in my room
picture093cz.jpg

and im testing out my photography skills:tup:
picture094r.jpg

Nice cars, especially the Scorcher. Ah, remember that from around the age of 8 or 9. Also, nice bed sheet you have there ;).

Yeah , very serious. When I said it was huge, it was because, well, it's freaking huge. And there are still cars awaiting shipment. My friend came a day too early and two or three packages arrived a day later.

The guy I bought them from shipped in them. They'll be filled with loose cars (:

In fact, there were like 25 or 26 tanks,half of them for a friend, half for me. They can be seen in the following pictures of JUST THE LOOSE CARS. I haven't opened anything that came in blister. I first had to organize the loose mayhem, but before that, I laid them out on the table for a group picture. Look.

IMG_3171.jpg

lest's do a round up. Clockwise from above, the blower motor in orange is a car-containing case that dates from 1983, it's been emptied; relevant pieces are the yellow tracto-cab, the Getty Golf in silver and the whitewalled Packard. And you see those pesky plastic thingies, the bulldozer and the little truck and all that? laugh all you want, they are 1950's items from Western Germany.
IMG_3178.jpg

Here we can see a rare already VW Golf MKII in red, the OP truck in mint green, the Lesney Land Rover and Benz ambulance, both of which will see restoration (The Land Rover is due next week), but the really hardcore-difficult pieces there are the white and blue-stripe Mustang, which is incredibly rare, aboive it we have a redline (1969) Hot Wheels Shelby Turbine in very good condition, alongside it another redline, the thing with the rocket over it, called Rocket Bye Baby, which was a Shell Promo car; the 1935 Ford in wine and the McLaren-like thing in light blue at bottom right are also very hard to get. Both are minty but dirty, lol.
IMG_3176.jpg

Here we see my share of tanks, tanks and MORE tanks, some of them really difficult to get ahold of today; also, the 1977 Trans Am, the green van with a wing (Spoiler Sport it's called), the orange GMC Motorhome with metal base and above all, the orange VW Vanagon, are pretty rare; most of them are in near mint condition.
IMG_3177.jpg

In here we have the really hardcore pieces. At the very front are some redlines in very good condition, including the red Ferrari (at last), and the blue Carabo. The antifreeze weird thing is called Turbofire and I've been wanting one for years now, it finally fell, and in such a good shape. The blue Cobra with Real Riders could be a reissue of the early-80s original, I have yet to find that out; also, check out the Tomica DeTomaso Pantera in silver and black and Ferrari 512BB, both with the black wide wheels, which makes them extremely difficult to find.
IMG_3175.jpg

Moving left we find the rare green Duesenberg, a 1961 Ford from Racing Champions and the flamed JL 1932 Ford that got damaged in shipping and lost the headlamp bar, so I'll have to fabricate one. The jeep changes colour with hot or cold water.
IMG_3174.jpg

I finally got back the Matchbox Ford LTD police car; the white Formula-1 car at top, with blue tampos, is extremely rare and mint as heck, and the green 70 Camaro will be receiving a full wheel swap.
IMG_3173.jpg

And finally, the Porsches, silver Ferrari and Cobra are all mint; the yellow buses have plastic bodies (note window tone variation) and the blue 1940 Ford Woody is the first edition of that casting, and it's pretty rare.
IMG_3172.jpg

I'll provide pictures later of the more relevant pieces (redlines and such), and of course, of all the trash that's still in bllisters... when it isn't anymore (:

How much was this lot?? I've never bought more than 50-60 cars at a time and never spent more than $40 on any lot.

Cano---I'm heading into St. Louis this evening, but when I come back I have several majorette to post. I found a booth at my local antique mall that just opened...He only had majorette. I every one that was in Decent condition and will post them up later. Two of them are cars towing trailers...very interesting.

I had forgotten to reply to tis: M-Power, with the black wheels with Goodyear lettering, undoubtedlty. Also, if you could paint the chin spoiler flat black, it would look awesomely better.

I was thinking about that, didn't know whether to paint it black or the color of the car. Flat black would make it look pretty aggressive. 👍

Will try to get it done tomorrow.

Here's a few dodgy pictures, managed to find around 25+ cars (and helicopter) Some of them have pen markings on
where I got creative as a kid.. :guilty:

aXGqM.png

Nice, I've got that white & pink Isuzu and the Land Rover, but mine is green with a white top. I'll try to get a pic of it a bit later.

went to walmart today and got some new hot wheels and a matchbox
picture095a.jpg

and i found something strange
picture096l.jpg

now what's that doing here

and here's all four of them together
picture097o.jpg

Hmmmm, that's interesting. It looks like a Christmas special, I would say that's pretty rare, considering Christmas was awhile back. Nice find! Does it say the year? It could be more rare if it was a older Christmas special.

SVX
Hmmmm, that's interesting. It looks like a Christmas special, I would say that's pretty rare, considering Christmas was awhile back. Nice find! Does it say the year? It could be more rare if it was a older Christmas special.
2010 but it was still a nice find though:sly:

I used to have a 100 car collection of hotwheels. I miss not having them nowadays just to look back at my childhood. I was an idiot for letting them go in a garage sale.

How much was this lot?? I've never bought more than 50-60 cars at a time and never spent more than $40 on any lot.

Cano---I'm heading into St. Louis this evening, but when I come back I have several majorette to post. I found a booth at my local antique mall that just opened...He only had majorette. I every one that was in Decent condition and will post them up later. Two of them are cars towing trailers...very interesting.

heh, these are several lots together dude, I think there might be around 100-120 bucks in there of loose cars, for instance, a six Redline car lot (both Ferraris, the Turbofire, the Carabo, and the race cars) was about 24 bucks including shipping; the 6 Tomicas were 13 bucks; in stark contrast, the blown motor case filled with goodies that included the Real Rider Cobra, both Gulch Steppers and other cars was 10 bucks including shipping, and there were several 3 to 10 dollar lots that had anything from 6 or 7 cars to about 30, one specially nice was one set that included most of the 90s cars you see there, including the complete Baywatch 5-pack, for... heck, I think it was almost 40 cars for 9 dollars. Alas, monday afternoon I'll be pickung up a 76 car lot that cost me 57 dollars, that is filled with 80s and 90s goodies, even some real riders, in very good shape.

Also, got damn on those Majorettes, that sounds tasty as heck. Be sure to show me, I LOVE Majorette. Envy.

Nice stuff there Nine_Hundred, I'd specially rock that racing Jaguar and orange Porsche. Those are HotWheel-fied Corgis... I think.

im getting a new hobby of putting hot wheels into photography
picture055dy.jpg

picture026bb.jpg

and some other stuff if im bored
picture057l.jpg

and in the news that tornado that happened here (in the south) literally went around my house

'New' Old stuff picked up from antique mall this afternoon.

Picked them all up for $1/piece except for the HO Taxi...I paid $4 but it was an impulse buy
IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

A Zylmex Mercedes and Tomica Bugatti
IMG_0217.jpg

A couple more cases of mine

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

AWESOME. The Majorettes are mostly "late models" but most of those are still made in France AFAIK? Or are they already off-manufactured? The 300ZX is pop-up-headlamps cool.

Also, $4 for the Taxi is a steal, a guy is giving me almost $15 for one over here; of course, finding that car in here is almost impossible, like most HWs of that era, there was a time in here when Hot Wheels was nearly absent, they were very hard to find and were some of the most expensive toy cars you could buy, until Aurimat started manufacturing them for the local market, that is when HWs arose to the level they are today... at least here in Mexico.

Also, that Zylmex MB is beautiful, I had never seen it. And your cases look neat, there are some cars I'm lacking, like the blue Bug, the Sassy Grass Green Cuda and the Purple 34 Ford, but of all those, most of them I have.

EDIT: I was gonna say you have two green Cudas, but I just noticed the wheel size variation.

Back