1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I don't mind people posting lots of pictures, it's just super annoying when someone quotes them and then you have twice as many of the same pictures.

Hey there.
Not posted here for a while.
I've stripped the Mk2 golf to bare metal. I have also found a Matchbox beetle taxi that has also been split and stripped, i'll try to get some photos up.

I'm also having a clear out, selling a whole bunch of spare T-Hunts and stuff.
Only 2 listed so far, will list som more tonight.
Check em out here.... http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/fullersthingsnstuff

A few of the HW Tractor Trailers
IMG_0261.jpg
i didn't know these were old
picture111bx.jpg

also, my collection update
picture112p.jpg

the thing is that the deora II's wheels are kinda strange
picture113bd.jpg

and some one just unknowingly gave this to me in school
picture115o.jpg

but where's the spoiler:confused:
picture116ob.jpg

i found out it looks cooler without it

cars up for trade
picture114pt.jpg

anyone???

i want to trade them because of these cars
picture118f.jpg

also random hot wheels photography
picture117e.jpg

diabolic, I'd really like that Mini and the Highway 35 Road Runner as long as they roll fairly well. They're both excellent track cars, and I wouldn't mind too badly if they're scratched. Is the Mini's body a lift-off piece, or is this a single-cast car?

diabolic, I'd really like that Mini and the Highway 35 Road Runner as long as they roll fairly well. They're both excellent track cars, and I wouldn't mind too badly if they're scratched. Is the Mini's body a lift-off piece, or is this a single-cast car?

Either I'm missing something or this is out-of-the-blue.

EDIT: Just had a look...the pic is from Frosty

Last edited:
search the previous five or so pages, I wrote two pretty extensive posts on how to basically restore cars.

Will regular model paint work on the metal body hot-wheels? If not can I just spraypaint it?

Should I change the wheels? Do they need to be the same size as the ones that were on it before?

I have a Porsche 928 that's dying for a restoration.

Will regular model paint work on the metal body hot-wheels? If not can I just spraypaint it?

I always use spray paint. Try heating up the can first by sticking it in warm water for a little while. That helps it spray more evenly and you get a smoother finish. You can use model paint for all the little details.

Should I change the wheels? Do they need to be the same size as the ones that were on it before?

You can change the wheels if you want. I usually just try and find another car that has wheels that I want with a similar axle length so it's a straight swap. There is a way to shorten axles though fairly easily if you need to.

Posted this nascar pic yesterday
IMG_0317.jpg

Here's why you shouldnt leave things were dogs can reach them
IMG_0323.jpg

I'm the original owner...I've had that car for nearly 15 years and my boxer had it for lunch today :(

IMG_0108.jpg

How can I be mad though

Last edited:
I've had that car for nearly 15 years and my boxer had it for lunch today :(

IMG_0108.jpg

How can I be mad though

AHahaHahA aaawwww... I give my loose cars to my dogs and they'll just take it from my hands, and when they see they can't chew it they drop it to the ground. You see? That is why you should NOT let the cars trapped in cardboard.

Another upload explosion
NOTE: The Sand crab and Ferrari 312P were both .50cents @ Goodwill. Can't believe someone would donate them and that no employee would grab them before they were sold.

Future restoration projects (should I ever learn how)
IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

Some Exceptional fillers
IMG_0325.jpg

A few original X-V Racers
IMG_0331.jpg

Last edited:
Either I'm missing something or this is out-of-the-blue.

EDIT: Just had a look...the pic is from Frosty
:facepalm: Jackassery in action. Pity too, I was willing to trade you an original Real Riders Split Window Vette, with the adjustable rear suspension height.. The car needs some serious restoration skills however. :indiff:

As a secondary note, I need to find that car anyway. It's in one of the twenty 100 car cases.

Another upload explosion
NOTE: The Sand crab and Ferrari 312P were both .50cents @ Goodwill. Can't believe someone would donate them and that no employee would grab them before they were sold.

Future restoration projects (should I ever learn how)

Some Exceptional fillers
IMG_0325.jpg

Dude, why would you restore those? They are in really good shape!!! Restore the Mustang Stocker or some other cars, but come on, the cars in the “exceptional fillers” pictures are too good to destroy their originality.

Here's something different that I stumbled upon while checking some of my loose cars to see if they were rare variations. The New Beetle Cup car has a latch at the rear underside to remove the body from the rest of the car. Makes for much simpler removable for painting. Just thought I'd share.

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

Dude, why would you restore those? They are in really good shape!!! Restore the Mustang Stocker or some other cars, but come on, the cars in the “exceptional fillers” pictures are too good to destroy their originality.

I'm not restoring those. Thats why I separated them with the 'exceptional filler' line. Only the top picture were cars that I'm considering, though the 'stang would be nice.

Here's something different that I stumbled upon while checking some of my loose cars to see if they were rare variations. The New Beetle Cup car has a latch at the rear underside to remove the body from the rest of the car. Makes for much simpler removable for painting. Just thought I'd share.

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

Yep, you can also do that with the Mini, the Ground FX lakester, and the... ergh, it's a race-car like van, yellow with black wheels. I know someone will remember the name.

Also, glad you aren't gonna touch those Wyvern, they are quite good.

Picked up the following @ the antique mall during my lunch hour

Condition l Brand if not HW and Car Type l Price Paid

Fair l Playart Lamborghini Marzal l 2.95
Poor l Yatming Mercedes-Benz 450 SL l .50
Fair l Zymex Dodge Van w/spoiler intact l .50
Good l Catapult l .50
Fair l Crashers Rash 1 l .50
Very Good l 80s Corvette silver w/GHO l 1.55
Mint l Matchbox Superfast Ferrari Testarossa on card l 2.00
Mint l '57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham on card l 1.50

If folks are interested, I can post a pics later this evening. The Caddie I paid retail for because I wanted to have one to open.

@Cano--I guess this was rhetorical

Last edited:

IMG_1927.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg
um...
picture119n.jpg

picture120ts.jpg

picture122w.jpg

and can somebody restore these
picture123a.jpg

and this (when i was 7 and still regret it)
picture124fc.jpg

and a collection update
picture121b.jpg

Picked up the following @ the antique mall during my lunch hour

Condition l Brand if not HW and Car Type l Price Paid

Fair l Playart Lamborghini Marzal l 2.95
Poor l Yatming Mercedes-Benz 450 SL l .50
Fair l Zymex Dodge Van w/spoiler intact l .50
Good l Catapult l .50
Fair l Crashers Rash 1 l .50
Very Good l 80s Corvette silver w/GHO l 1.55
Mint l Matchbox Superfast Ferrari Testarossa on card l 2.00
Mint l '57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham on card l 1.50

If folks are interested, I can post a pics later this evening. The Caddie I paid retail for because I wanted to have one to open.

now where are all of the antique malls i can't find them

51nur2fbwclsl500.jpg

I picked up one of these up while grocery shipping today. Notice how Matchbox started showing the artwork of the actual car on the package? I always preferred the proportion of Matchbox to Hotwheels, but thought the package art was kind of lame. Took them long enough to come around, but looks very cool!

P.S. Which nationality is the police car? I'm thinking British?

Edit: It is British. Found an interesting comparo between Tomica & Matchbox versions of this car. Very cool.

Last edited:
The colors look English to me, so I'd say British is a good guess.

I picked up this Studebaker Champ today, looks awesome.

2-1.jpg

1-1.jpg

Back