1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,483 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
Let's see them, Snaeper. đź‘Ť

In the meantime, I'll post up the lot I won.

Randoms
IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

The yellow Olds 442 is the most valuable car of the lot.
IMG_1978.jpg

Gleam Team
IMG_1972.jpg

Gold Medal Speed
IMG_1970.jpg

Last edited:
They're up! (I'm just cursed with always getting the last post on a page and nobody ever seeing what I've done :P)

I found that exact '40's Woody while digging around. It was un-boxed but in great shape. I also have the SC 400 un-boxed.

And that indy-car is badass! I'd buy the hell out of that.

Click the little quote emblem here to see my hotwheels.

Last edited:
They're up! (I'm just cursed with always getting the last post on a page and nobody ever seeing what I've done :P)

I found that exact '40's Woody while digging around. It was un-boxed but in great shape. I also have the SC 400 un-boxed.

And that indy-car is badass! I'd buy the hell out of that.

Nice stuff! I really need to find that metalflake Mercedes 380 SEL.

Sorry for stealing your shine! Just copy and paste the post on the previous page to this one. ;)

EDIT: I didn't really like the No Fear Race Car at first, but it's growing on me.

Last edited:
@snaeper--Is anything written on either side of the car that flips over? I believe I saw one in package on eBay this afternoon, but have no idea of the name.

@snaeper--Is anything written on either side of the car that flips over? I believe I saw one in package on eBay this afternoon, but have no idea of the name.

The "race car" side says 'Fuel Altered' and has the number 11 on it.

The "hot rod" side has a key-board guitar and is roughly styled around a T-bucket.

:PI've got 20+ auction wins shipping out this week from eBay and to make room in my cases, I'm going to for the first time ever, try selling a few lots online.

UPDATE: I put 5 listings up last night, but then bid to win on 17 more :ouch: Damn you and your great little cars Mattel!

Last edited:
:PI've got 20+ auction wins shipping out this week from eBay and to make room in my cases, I'm going to for the first time ever, try selling a few lots on that wonderful auction site. Just a heads up. My gtplanet/PSN/ebay name are all the same. I'm going to place my name in the description so you can even search by it. Happy bidding to any takers.
I have seen some nice stuff at a website called Toypeddler. When eBayer's were asking for too much money, I got some Back to the Future DeLoreans at really reasonable price there. It's a fixed price site, but if you like buying, you should check them out.

M-POWER_FTW, I finally found out what the door display was called, it was over door display or something.

Let's see them, Snaeper. đź‘Ť

In the meantime, I'll post up the lot I won.

Randoms
IMG_1974.jpg

Three of those cars were of my childhood favourites. The pontiac banshee, 911 and the no fear indy car.

Gleam Team
IMG_1972.jpg

I've got those 3 and a porsche 959. Surprisingly didn't destroy them as a kid as they still are in perfect condition. Must be the way they painted them.​

I have seen some nice stuff at a website called Toypeddler. When eBayer's were asking for too much money, I got some Back to the Future DeLoreans at really reasonable price there. It's a fixed price site, but if you like buying, you should check them out.

I'm on their mailing list already. :D
I like to buy in lots and unfortunately most listigs on TTP are single car which I'm not that excited about.

I have three Gleam Team cars, with the Porsche 959 being utterly destroyed (someone stepped on it).

The Silver Bullet with UH's and the Corvette are both in as good of a condition that you can get for cars that are as old as they are and were played with. I was looking at the picture of the Corvette when I remembered that I did have it. Walked over to my sock-drawer and rummaged around for about 30 seconds before finding it. Also found a zebra-striped Jeep.

Anyone want my problem? Finding Hot wheels in every corner of their house?

hahaha wtF. I love how this thread has gone crazy. Every one and their mother has new vintage Hot Wheels to show us all. I freaking love it.

Welcome to the thread Snaeper, hope to see you as a regular here.

Oh, and Wyvern, I was going to bid in that 80's filler lot you posted... but I forgot. hahaha.

Glad you got it, though. At least I can see better pics of it. I won a bit of stuff yesterday but it will be a while until I get them. 'till then, I'll keep posting what I find locally at flea markets and stuff. Hope to have time to post some stuff in here soon. I'm getting way behind.

SVX
M-POWER_FTW, I finally found out what the door display was called, it was over door display or something.

Thanks, but I figured it out not too long ago. :D I thought they'd be cheaper than how much I saw them go for though.

I've got those 3 and a porsche 959. Surprisingly didn't destroy them as a kid as they still are in perfect condition. Must be the way they painted them.

I agree about the paint. I have a loose Gleamer Sheriff Patrol in bright chrome that is in pretty good condition compared to all my loose cars from around the same time.

Nice stuff there M-POWER_FTW đź‘Ť reminds me of all the stuff which was on the shelves when I was a kid (early 90's) I have that 3rd gold Gleam Team, its mint but not in box... I remember the packaging like it was yesterday!

So you also received the double exposure to identity theft between them & the PSN, huh? :lol:

To be somewhat on-topic, I've come close to buying this twice now. It's a Matchbox, and only a dollar. I love anything 80's, I should just buy it. :crazy:

Yes...I'm still getting a couple DHL and UPS warnings per day :(

@ Cano - the eBay win is mixed in with several I already owned in the filler pics. A few surprises and some cars in decent condition otherwise...it should have been marked 'Junk' or 'Restore.' Should we get around to a trade...I'll toss in several spares on top of the principal cars. I've already got display blue, Grey and Gold XJS and have spares for all three mising tampos. Also have an extra Thor super van if you're interested in customizing.

Last edited:
Yes...I'm still getting a couple DHL and UPS warnings per day :(

@ Cano - the eBay win is mixed in with several I already owned in the filler pics. A few surprises and some cars in decent condition otherwise...it should have been marked 'Junk' or 'Restore.' Should we get around to a trade...I'll toss in several spares on top of the principal cars. I've already got display blue, Grey and Gold XJS and have spares for all three mising tampos. Also have an extra Thor super van if you're interested in customizing.

Ah, then it must have been another lot, you know how several surface almost on a daily basis that contain similar cars. Â… but yeah, I hate when I just forget to bid. ItÂ’s happened quite a lot of times.

As for the trade, let me see what arrives and IÂ’ll show you whatÂ’s available. I already have like 4 Super Vans for customizing/restoring, including a redline, but IÂ’d gladly take other castings of the era. WeÂ’ll see (:

Nice stuff there M-POWER_FTW đź‘Ť reminds me of all the stuff which was on the shelves when I was a kid (early 90's) I have that 3rd gold Gleam Team, its mint but not in box... I remember the packaging like it was yesterday!

Thanks, I'm right there with you.

Opening the box to see all those cars, was so nostalgic. :)

I was bored today, so I went and looked through my huge bin of old Hot Wheels, and found this. . .

img0848cm.jpg

And I just remembered how I was looking for it at stores. Never noticed I got it at a younger age, It's even in perfect condition :embarrassed:

I was bored today, so I went and looked through my huge bin of old Hot Wheels, and found this. . .

img0848cm.jpg

And I just remembered how I was looking for it at stores. Never noticed I got it at a younger age, It's even in perfect condition :embarrassed:

I have the red version of that one, its a beauty.

I was gonna say! :lol: I think I bought a blue one for my nephew just few months ago, and a red one for myself a bit later.

I got the red First Edition #24 P4 from '02.

I've also got the Ferrari 156 Formula 1 car (2002 Edition with #36). Anyone else have that? Very beautiful.

Found out that I didn't have an original Red Baron. However the one I DID have wasn't made past '93. So it was still fairly vintage.

Last edited:
Should have one, possibly two eBay wins arriving today. Also, thought I'd snap a few picks of my track stuff, some Lledo Early days cars and a few of my favorite castings if folks were interested which means I will post them because I know folks are. Looking @ you Cano:P

UPDATE: Had to change my plans. My younger brother is moving out of our parents and I've got his collection now sitting in my basement. I snapped a few pics of what I saw in the first box I opened. Found a lot I wish I owned :banghead:

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

His loose display. I bought him the Aires Wagon for Christmas a few years ago.
IMG_0422.jpg

I'll have to upload the eBay wins later

Last edited:
Back