1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,481 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
HEY EVERYONE! Toys'r'us is supposed to be getting another 4-sided shipper around now, so check it out if you can or want to. I'm almost certain that it's a whole new set of cars, as well.

A few of the mid 90s cars I still would like to find, especially the Camaros, Mustangs and any of the Corgi castings, like the sweet Jag. I have one in package, but want one loose. Trouble is, I'm not willing to pay more than .50 for any mainline car that after the blue card era, so I have to wait for collector shows that are bi-monthly.

I wish we had collector shows like that here in NYC. I'm actually a bit surprised we don't, considering the large population this city has. As for the price, I don't mind paying a buck or the same price they sell Hot Wheels for, now. But, if it's more than what cars now go for, then I'll only buy what I really want. :)

That Daytona had like 4-5 variations. Mostly different wheels.

Yep, have two variations so far. One with wirespoke wheels and one with sawblade wheels. One of the few American car castings I actually really like. :)

Also, how come the Renault is Canada-only? I have like 4 of those o_O

:bowdown:

@ M-Power: There are some hard to find cars in there, specially the Corgi castings, as Wyvern said. I have two of those at most, they are not easy at all to come by. Mos of the cars you boought I wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole because of the tampos -worse tampos era in my opinion- but there are some that are really neat. I'd say the rarest car you got there is the Commando, along with the previously mentioned Corgis. For a buck a car, it was a steal. Very good.

Thanks for the info! I knew I'd turn some heads with the Commando. And I agree that the crazy tampo cars aren't the best, but it's from the 90's and I just couldn't leave them there, so yeah. :lol: Also, what makes a casting a Corgi?

Last edited:
HEY EVERYONE! Toys'r'us is supposed to be getting another 4-sided shipper around now, so check it out if you can or want to. I'm almost certain that it's a whole new set of cars, as well.
might be at the display that I must have
Lamborghini Estoque
hwc_sneaks_60367.jpg

the dirty outlaw
830px-DSC07790.jpg

Astro Funk
830px-DSC07785.jpg

the boss hoss motorcycle (coming in blue)
830px-Boss_hoss_motorcycle_2011_white.png

The cool Datsun I will never get
830px-2011th12reg.jpg

Aston Martin one-77
830px-DSC07782.jpg

@Cano- In water, the hood comes up, the sunroof opens and a spoiler rises from the rear hatch. Though I'm not putting this in water!
Also, went over to my brothers place last night and saw hes added VW Brasilias to his aquarium as decoration. :lol:

Also, what makes a casting a Corgi?

These cars were all originally made by Corgi. From their mainline to the Auto City cards.

(These are the names you would search for on HW wiki or eBay or any search engine.)

London Taxi
London Bus
Ford (Sierra) XR4Ti
Porsche 911 Carrera
Porsche 935
'57 T-Bird
Mustang Cobra
Ferrari 348
Custom Van
Cement Mixer
Off Road Racer
Fire Eater II
Flame Stopper II
Ford Transit Wrecker
BMW M3
Land Rover MkII
City Police
Mercedes 2.6 190E
Jaguar XJ40
Jaguar XJR-9
Mercedes 300TD
Highway Builder
Dirt Rover (Digger)

Porsche Targa
Mercedes 500SL
Ferrari 308 GTS
Ferrari Testarossa
BMW 850i
Corvette Coupe
Sandstinger
Road Roller
Oil Refinery Truck
BMW 325i
Tipper

Corgi, in co-op with Mattel, was looking to expand their marketshare so these hit blue/white cards in the mid-late 90s. Its weird they are not more valuable. They are worth a bit more than mainline HW because they are high number collector cars with no more than a handful of variations for each. Some of the cars have just 1 other variation. And they were only around for a couple years. In the future, these could rise to a much higher collector status, IMO, especially the Euro cars. Kids always buy up construction/job/trucks, so the standard sedans usually are the first to become a bit higher priced because they were left of shelves and finally shipped off who knows where.

Mailman just dropped these off. I'm sending eBay's creator a Xmas card this year!
IMG_0817.jpg

Last edited:
Just got back from Walmart. Bought some new cars that just came out. Will post a pic a bit later.

I know I'll never find one either. So recently I traded one of my errors for a regular Datsun 240Z. That's probably your best bet as well, to trade.

Also, I need that Estoque and One-77!

These cars were all originally made by Corgi. From their mainline to the Auto City cards.

Corgi, in co-op with Mattel, was looking to expand their marketshare so these hit blue/white cards in the mid-late 90s. Its weird they are not more valuable. They are worth a bit more than mainline HW because they are high number collector cars with no more than a handful of variations for each. Some of the cars have just 1 other variation. And they were only around for a couple years. In the future, these could rise to a much higher collector status, IMO, especially the Euro cars. Kids always buy up construction/job/trucks, so the standard sedans usually are the first to become a bit higher priced because they were left of shelves and finally shipped off who knows where.

Ahh great! Such helpful information. I was killing myself, searching through Google for this. Thank you. 👍

Look forward to seeing those eBay wins.

@Cano- In water, the hood comes up, the sunroof opens and a spoiler rises from the rear hatch. Though I'm not putting this in water!

Nice, I never knew there were cars like that. I'll have to look deper into it. However, I still want an explanation over your damned white-line Purple Passion. Weird stuff, as usual with you.

Also, did you see the stuff I got on the mail? I look forward to your stuff too.

AOS, you are missing two Triumphs.

Edit: Oh, and just to poke you two:

I know I'll never find one either. So recently I traded one of my errors for a regular Datsun 240Z. That's probably your best bet as well, to trade.

A friend of mine recently gifted me one of these. Yeah (:

The Datsun is rare? I have two.

I'm going to have to find that Triumph with the white stripes. British Racing Green right? Amazing. :drool:

I love that Chevy Bel Air. Just beautiful.

Edit: Oh, and just to poke you two:

A friend of mine recently gifted me one of these. Yeah (:

Mine will be here Monday. :)

New cars from Walmart.

IMG_2538.jpg

The Dixie Challenger looks way better in black, so I picked one up. I don't usually like cars like the Off Track, but this re-color is pretty nice, imo. The Dairy Delivery is from the new Masters of the Universe line up. Btw, the cars with the redlines on the tires are Walmart exclusives. The cars themselves will be sold at other retailers, but only Walmart will carry them with redlines. There are 9 or 10 redline Walmart exclusive cars.

I must have two of those Dixie Challengers! The Passion...I'm not sure I have any idea what you're talking about. Looks normal to me :P
Oh, and I added the following pic to to a post last page, but it was after the fact. Thought I'd repost.

I'm a sucker for HW Racing livery and an even bigger one if muscle is involved!

IMG_0815.jpg

THIS IS ON THE AN AUCTION SITE CURRENTLY (not eBay though, otherwise people would find it :D) Good Luck Bidders. It ends today and is only at $301

sa159740688-on.jpg

Last edited:
@Nizmo--You're missing Kyoichi's Evo III but I'm sure you know that. Keep the ones you have in good condition. When fifth season is released on DVD, the value of these will go up again. (They are already worth double what they cost new and they've only been out 7 years!)

My set didn't come with the Evo for some reason :( It's on the back of the box, but was never part of the set for some reason. Not even a spot for it.

You have the Initial D collection? Nice. My step-brother has all of them. He let me have one and I took the Sileighty. Should've grabbed the R32 though. :grumpy:

I saw them as singles at Target, didnt even know there was a set. And I know all! :lol:

I didn't know they sold them as singles. If I had the singles I wouldn't have taken them out, lol. These were set up kind of cool, with a cardboard road underneath them, but they were hard to see, so I took them out :ouch: I have the box still, but no road for them to drift on.

I just looked it up. The set doesn't seem to be as valuable. They are asking for $20 in the box while the complete single set are up to around $200.

--Must track down this HW asap--
subaruimpreza_P6282.jpg

Red*Suns
IMG_0826.jpg

$3.80 w/shipping on eBay
IMG_0828.jpg

My 90s Maisto collection
IMG_0822.jpg

My Darda collection
(Lamborghini and XJ200 made in Taiwan, all others are original West German made Darda!)
IMG_0820.jpg

Several more eBay lots combined
IMG_0829.jpg

Last edited:
--Must track down this HW asap--

Red*Suns

$3.80 w/shipping on eBay

My 90s Maisto collection

My Darda collection
(Lamborghini and XJ200 made in Taiwan, all others are original West German made Darda!)

Several more eBay lots combined

oooooo, awesome stuff. I wish I had the Jada nitial D set . While I hate the series, I really like how the cars look, and Jada nailed it with them. They're better than Tomica's.

Also, the Dardas are amazing!!! I have like two of thsoe that I've found at local flea markets, nobody know what they are, but they are sure hard to come by.

also, awesome last picture, those 80s Matchboxes are a pain to find, I love th Aerotech!!! I'm still on the prowl for it.

$3.80 w/shipping on eBay
IMG_0828.jpg
This one came from my local store chain! I've bought a few Hot Wheels & Matchboxes from them, but they are often still same price as marked in the picture(1990-ish?), or cheaper. I guess at least one thing stayed affordable. Gas is a whole another deal. :D

is has to be one of my favourite way to buy HW from now on :)
it was at Argos so you cant exactly see what you buying as is only say:
Hot Wheels Basic Cars Assortment - One supplied. Colours and styles may vary.

so this is what I get

IMG_0934 by smiglo, on Flickr

btw. is they any way to upload pic straight from your hard drive??

I had mentioned a couple posts ago (and several more before that) I'm searching for the black Lamborghini Diablo available on in the exotic car 5 pack. I've searched eBay and TTP FOR A LONG TIME because I dont want the pack, just the single car. I thought, I'll take a stab at Craigslist list and found this listing:

Many Hotwheels

Not only is the listing .40/a car, but it includes the Diablo and he's no more than a ten minute drive from my house!! What are the odds? You can tell the person definately had the five pack. I can see the F40 and the chrome XJ220 from the pack as well.

^ I have some questions:
1. Is the Diablo the black one with the red/orange windows?
2. Where's the chrome XJ220? I see a red one.
3. Cool F40.
4. What's the blue one with the white stripes?

1. Yes
2. It's atop the quaker state F1 car
3. Agreed, the yellow w/blue lettering was only available through gift packs
4. Its a Matchbox Corvette Grand Sport. When Matchbox used to sell cars in invidual yellow boxes in the early to mid 90s on counter top displays, sitting the cars above the boxes so you knew what was inside...yes, I bought this car in that manner.

Arrived today. Here is an example of why I love top down pictures taken on eBay. I was able to get the following lot for $26 and change. From the photo you can get some idea the cars are in decent shape, but they I take them out and all but two are Near Mint and up. Had the person shot each car or at least did a profile shot of the group, the price would be double. Honestly, both Hi-Rakers are blister fresh quality! So, again here's what I saw. Later this evening (when my batteries re-charge) I shoot the rest. Plus it came with the vintage case from 1981. No ever pays attention to the case, thankfully because it alone would be 10-12 bucks at a collector show.

IMG_0830.jpg

Last edited:
OH GOT DAMN SCREW YOU WYVERN.

That last lot is absolute bad-assery.I have them all with the exception of the MiniTrek in white, but they are awesome buys indeed. And what you say is absolutely true, I have gotten a lot of minty cars from E-Bay auctiosn that only show the top of the cars, and people don't take notice. It rules.

also, that Craiglist stuff looks neat too. Rare cars there, and he says they are in good condition. I assume you have it in your hands by now?

OH GOT DAMN SCREW YOU WYVERN.

That last lot is absolute bad-assery.I have them all with the exception of the MiniTrek in white, but they are awesome buys indeed. And what you say is absolutely true, I have gotten a lot of minty cars from E-Bay auctiosn that only show the top of the cars, and people don't take notice. It rules.

also, that Craiglist stuff looks neat too. Rare cars there, and he says they are in good condition. I assume you have it in your hands by now?

The person backed out for due to a work conflict. :banghead: I'm now meeting them on Wednesday at 6 CST. I just want the Diablo!

Back