1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,481 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 318 51.0%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 128 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.6%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.0%

• Total voters
I think HotWheels and Matchbox makes collectables for a reason. What "child" would collect them? Other then going to the store and just buying some cars and go home to play with them. The Treasure Hunts are probably for the collectors. :P

I think HotWheels and Matchbox makes collectables for a reason. What "child" would collect them? Other then going to the store and just buying some cars and go home to play with them. The Treasure Hunts are probably for the collectors. :P

Collecting toy cars is for real men

Nice, look out for the white one too. And the Tail Dragger's interior is glow in the dark. Check it out.

The Estoque and Camaro are the newest cars out. Definitely a good find and buy, man. I'm still waiting for those to hit here. :grumpy:

Went searching for the white one 'cause my Regal IRL was White, but no dice.
Yes. TD is radioactive.
:)

Wow, that's damn harsh. I would have screamed for three days straight.

:ouch: Right. Well . . . forgive, forgive. . . .:)

Small pick-up from my local Target. Had to stop in for something and decided to glance at the diecast area. New Matchbox, but super dry on the Hotwheels as usual. :rolleyes:

DSCN4010.jpg

Here's that much requested picture. :P

DSCN4044.jpg

Great pick up, R1600 . . .I found the white Caterham. Nice Mini. I can just barely see the bottom half of that missing wheel.

100_3089.jpg

100_3085-1.jpg

That Pink Cadillac . . . . Pink Cadillac . . .

100_2806.jpg

100_2802.jpg

Panoz . . .

100_2747-1.jpg

100_2880-1.jpg

100_2874.jpg

100_2873.jpg

Ryou - here's my Fiero - yup riced by my son . . . to look like the one I had IRL!:) I also have the one with the Stars and Stripes . . .
Thanks for posting the pic of the one you found in that Attic Haul . . . made me go hunting for my copies!

100_2627.jpg

Cars from GT5. I may have one in my pocket all day - and by the time I get home I'm all pumped up to take the Virtual version out to play - on Kaz'z tracks!:lol:

100_2860.jpg

Got these on a recent trip to the store

P8280103 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P8280105 by commodoreben, on Flickr

The Prius is turned on its side in the pack. Anyone know how rare this is?

Another ebay lot for the wrecking yard I plan to build eventually

P8290106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P8290107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

I might restore the race cars one day though

P8290108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

This D Type and Maserati will be restored one day

P8290109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Got these at work
A Ferrari 5 pack these will be opened the box is badly damaged

P8290111 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Some Hotwheels McDonalds cars

P8290112 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Tomica Maserati Merak and a BMW Z3 dont know who made the Z3

P8290113 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Matchbox Beetle and a Majorette Marvel Comics car

P8290114 by commodoreben, on Flickr

A Hotwheels Dragon Tail an unlicenced Mustang that will end up in the wrecking yard and a random trailer

P8290115 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Another ebay lot for the wrecking yard I plan to build eventually

P8290106 by commodoreben, on Flickr

P8290107 by commodoreben, on Flickr

I might restore the race cars one day though

P8290108 by commodoreben, on Flickr

This D Type and Maserati will be restored one day

P8290109 by commodoreben, on Flickr

Damn. I am almost crying thinking that these will end up in a junk yard... I hope your diorama is very good, because damn you're putting some very good cars in it.

Damn. I am almost crying thinking that these will end up in a junk yard... I hope your diorama is very good, because damn you're putting some very good cars in it.

The D Type, Maserati and Race Cars will be restored they wont end up in the junkyard. How hard is it to find the tracks for the snow trac? If I could find those the Snow trac would be restored aswell.

The D Type, Maserati and Race Cars will be restored they wont end up in the junkyard. How hard is it to find the tracks for the snow trac? If I could find those the Snow trac would be restored aswell.

The tracks are very ver difficult to find, search for them in e-bay, but it may take a gooooood while.

lol I hate that F430. It's got such chunky proportions....

I have one too, so I'm not hating on you or anything.

Yes, I agree. I actually saw that one in the store about 3 times before I decided to buy it.
It's not a great casting, but I have lots of Ferrari's. Might as well keep that up.

Ugh, that F430 has some California in it, awful.

Not that Hot Wheels have ever modeled Ferrari's well or anything.

That S2000 though! :drool:

The 599 and Enzo look alright actually. I have a 355 Challenge which looks pretty good too.

The 458 and F430 are the worse I have.

I always hesitated to purchase the Enzo, I just couldn't do with the important details painted using the body colour, and the black stripe on this side.

This scuderia looks nice.

Ferrari430Scuderia.jpg

288GTO isn't bad either.

Ferrari288GTO.jpg

Aforementioned 599

Ferrari599GTB.jpg

And finally the 330 is not too bad either.
Ferrari330P42.jpg

Anybody know what the "T H" logo on the fender behind the front wheel is? I noticed it first on one of the Datsuns. I thought maybe it stood for Hanshin Tigers, a Japanese baseball team, but on this car, if anything, it would be the Miami Dolphins scheme. :P

Anybody know what the "T H" logo on the fender behind the front wheel is? I noticed it first on one of the Datsuns. I thought maybe it stood for Hanshin Tigers, a Japanese baseball team, but on this car, if anything, it would be the Miami Dolphins scheme. :P

I'm thinking Trafalgar Heights? Or maybe Tungsten Hellfire? :dopey:

The "T H" stands for Treasure Hunt. :)

Did you notice the smileys at the end? :dopey:

I'm thinking Trafalgar Heights? Or maybe Tungsten Hellfire? :dopey:

💡

We need a sarcasm tag in here.

Nahhhhh... :D

Back