• 137 comments

F1jocker12

(Banned)
United States
Minneapolis
GTSC_F1jocker12

11 Lies Netanyahu Told Congress on Iran
By Lara Friedman

The case Netanyahu laid out against an Iran deal in his address to Congress revolves around 11 core arguments. Think they sound convincing? Look at those arguments one by one, and you’ll see why each of them is bogus.

Argument #1. More pressure can secure a better deal with Iran than current negotiations. If Iran walks away from talks now, this pressure will eventually bring it back to the table, ready to make more compromises.

Pressure in the form of sanctions — especially multilateral, international sanctions — helped convince Iran to come to the negotiating table. But Iran’s red lines in negotiations, including retaining some level of enrichment, are clear. Additional U.S. pressure now, aimed at forcing the Iranian regime “to its knees,” is far more likely to scuttle talks than to force greater Iranian flexibility, and the failure of diplomacy would be blamed on the U.S., not Iran. One result: no deal to curtail Iran’s nuclear program. Another result: strengthening those in Iran who support weaponization of the nuclear program as a deterrent against attack. And a third result: the almost certain collapse of the international sanctions regime, which has been critical to restraining Iran’s nuclear program so far.

Argument #2. The only good deal with Iran is one that completely or nearly completely dismantles Iran’s nuclear infrastructure, preventing Iran from enriching or limiting Iran to close to zero enrichment.

Zero enrichment or complete dismantlement of Iran’s nuclear infrastructure is both unachievable and unnecessary. It’s unachievable because just as U.S. negotiators must get a deal they can “sell” to their constituencies, Iranian negotiators must be able to sell a deal to their own constituencies as meeting their own red lines. And it’s unnecessary because assuming “zero enrichment” and “complete dismantlement” are genuinely shorthand for “the best possible guarantee that Iran’s nuclear program will remain peaceful,” this goal can be achieved through a nuclear agreement that includes strict limits on Iran’s enrichment capacity and stringent safeguards and transparency with respect to Iran’s nuclear facilities and materials. Insisting on “zero enrichment” or “total dismantlement” guarantees no deal — which means it guarantees that such limits and safeguards are absent.

Argument #3. Any deal with Iran is a bad deal, because the mullahs can’t be trusted.

Any nuclear deal with Iran would be grounded in ongoing rigorous inspections and verification mechanisms — not trust — to ensure that Iran lived up to its end of a deal. Should Iran interfere with those inspections and verification mechanisms, or should those inspections and verification mechanisms reveal Iranian malfeasance, the international community would know immediately and have ample opportunity to prepare its response. Without an agreement, those rigorous inspections and verification mechanisms would be absent.

Argument #4. It would be wrong to make any nuclear deal with Iran unless that deal also held Iran accountable for its support for terrorism and extremism, in the region and beyond.

An Iran nuclear deal would not change U.S. policy or impact U.S. sanctions with respect to Iran’s support for terrorism. U.S. anti-terrorism legislation is for the most part separate from Iran nuclear legislation; anti-terrorist provisions that apply to countries around the world would continue to apply equally to Iran, even with a nuclear deal in place. A nuclear deal with Iran could, potentially, open the door for improved U.S.-Iran relations, which could increase U.S. leverage and potentially lead to improvements in other areas of concern to the U.S., including concerns linked to Iran’s support for terrorist organizations.

Argument #5. It would be wrong to make any nuclear deal with Iran unless that deal also held Iran accountable for its terrible record with respect to human rights and civil liberties inside Iran.

An Iran nuclear deal would not change U.S. policy or impact U.S. sanctions with respect to Iran’s record on human rights abuses, democracy, or other non-nuclear-related matters. By improving the conditions of Iranians overall, an Iran nuclear deal could strengthen domestic groups engaged in promoting human rights and civil liberties. It could also strengthen Iranian political forces that are more open to change. For these reasons, a nuclear deal is widely supported by human rights and democracy advocates within Iran. The failure of Iran diplomacy — and what this failure would mean in terms of discrediting some of Iran’s more moderate political voices — could open the door to greater repression domestically.

Argument #6. A deal with Iran over its nuclear program will only strengthen an odious, extremist regime, and in doing so increase the threat of extremists everywhere.

The U.S. and its P5+1 partners are pursuing a nuclear agreement with Iran not as a gift to Iran, but because curtailing the threat of a nuclear-armed Iran is in the vital interests of the U.S. and the international community, including Israel. A deal with Iran over its nuclear program would in no way imply U.S. approval for Iranian policies or bad behavior in any sphere. And a deal would in no way limit the ability of the U.S. and the international community to sanction or pressure Iran for bad behavior — just like any other country.

Argument #7. One-year “breakout” time for Iran to become a nuclear state is way too short. If Iran decides to dash to get a bomb, it will already be too late.

“Breakout” time doesn’t refer to the time required for Iran to become a nuclear-armed state. It refers to the time needed for Iran to produce enough weapons-grade uranium to fuel asingle nuclear bomb. To become a nuclear-armed state, Iran would have to produce enough weapons-grade uranium for at least two bombs, one to test (to prove its nuclear capabilities) and the other to hold as a deterrent against retaliation. It would also have to build both bombs, build a working delivery system, and carry out a test. An agreement would impede Iran’s ability to do all of these things. It would extend “breakout” time from the current 2-3 months to at least one year.

Argument #8. It doesn’t matter how many limits or safeguards you put into place — Iran will “sneak out,” and we will wake up one day to find Iran armed with nuclear bombs.

Guess what? “Sneak-out” is a danger with or without an agreement. An agreement will put into place inspection, oversight and verification mechanisms — with respect to facilities, equipment and supplies — that ensure that a “sneak-out” would be far more difficult for Iran to achieve and far more likely to be detected. Without an agreement, this oversight will not be implemented, ensuring that any “sneak-out” effort would be far more likely to go undetected.

Argument #9. Current negotiations leave in place too many Iranian centrifuges. The more centrifuges left spinning, the greater the threat Iran poses.

Under the interim deal that gave birth to the current negotiations Iran has already eliminated its stockpile of 20% enriched uranium gas, the feedstock required to produce weapons-grade uranium — in effect emptying the cartoon bomb that Netanyahu displayed at the U.N. So the immediate threat of Iranian “breakout” has been dramatically reduced. A nuclear deal can be expected to build on this, significantly reducing and capping the number of centrifuges spinning in Iran, limiting the type of centrifuges, and limiting enrichment, such that Netanyahu’s cartoon bomb will not be refilled and weapons-grade uranium remains out-of-reach. Without an agreement, the number of Iran’s centrifuges can only be expected to grow.

Argument #10. A nuclear deal with Iran will leave Iran as a threat to the world and an existential threat to Israel, will sell out our allies in the Gulf, and will fuel a nuclear arms race in the region.

A negotiated deal with Iran would not imply that the U.S. was abandoning traditional allies in favor of warmer ties with Iran. Neither diplomacy nor military action can guarantee that Iran will not someday decide to pursue nuclear weapons. International pressure and sanctions have impeded Iran’s nuclear program for years, but more importantly, leaders in Iran today have decided not to pursue an active nuclear weapons program. A negotiated deal can bolster this decision, while further rolling back Iran’s nuclear capacity such that if Iran’s leaders someday have a change of heart, the U.S. and international community — including our allies in the region — will have ample time to take action.

Argument #11. A deal that “sunsets” after 10 or 15 years is no good — it just means that Iran will wait and ready itself and then go nuclear the minute a deal ends.

An Iran nuclear agreement would dramatically mitigate the short- and medium-term threats of Iran acquiring nuclear weapons. When that agreement ends, Iran would remain a member of the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, subject to the terms of that treaty (and it was violations of the NPT that got Iran in trouble in the first place). Iran would also remain bound by an Additional Protocol to the treaty, granting U.N. inspectors greater authority in monitoring Iran’s nuclear program. At that time, following a decade or more of intrusive inspections and other oversight mechanisms, the U.S. and international community would be in a far stronger position to judge Iran’s actions and intentions vis-à-vis its nuclear program than they would have been without a deal. If Iran then appears to be shifting course and pursuing weaponization, the U.S. and international community would take action — and their decisions at that time would benefit from more than a decade of insights into Iran’s nuclear program.

Still not convinced? Check out a more detailed breakdown of Netanyahu’s bogus argumentshere.

Lara Friedman is the Director of Policy and Government Relations for Americans for Peace Now.

Netanyahu can make some surprisingly scary statements. He's extremely right wing but he's so well supported by the US that most people don't really notice. He seems as extremist as the leaders of Hamas, and he appears less willing to compromise or engage in diplomacy.

Netanyahu can make some surprisingly scary statements. He's extremely right wing but he's so well supported by the US that most people don't really notice. He seems as extremist as the leaders of Hamas, and he appears less willing to compromise or engage in diplomacy.
It's easy to sit back in your armchair in Washington and negotiate with Iran on nukes, after all, what's the worst that can happen to you if Iran ends up with nukes? They aren't going to bomb you first are they? What's the worst that could happen to Israel if Iran follows through on their promises to wipe out Israel? Perhaps if you were living on an island surround by hundreds of millions of people who would love to see you killed might change your perspective.
Really? I'm not sure why the NK thread would be better than one about Israel?

The article on Korea contains a summary of the events of the last 30 years or so. Basically sword waving, threats, negotiations, agreements, broken promises, sanctions and finally this:

October 9, 2006: North Korea conducts an underground nuclear test near the village of P’unggye. Most early analyses of the test based on seismic data collected by South Korean, Japanese, and U.S. institutes estimates the yield to be below one kiloton. Russian estimates differed significantly, and Foreign Minister Sergei Ivanov said Oct. 10 that the estimated yield was between 5 and 15 kilotons.

As a Canadian, protected in large part by American military dominance, I have little to fear from Iran. If I lived in Israel, I'd feel the same as Bibi. You can't negotiate with tyrants and dictators and expect them to live up to their end of the agreement out of sheer goodwill and honesty. The stakes are too high in this case.

If I lived in Israel, I'd feel the same as Bibi. You can't negotiate with tyrants and dictators and expect them to live up to their end of the agreement out of sheer goodwill and honesty. The stakes are too high in this case.

I have to disagree with you on this one... In that region, Israel is the main threat... Let me ask you this - Who do you consider dangerous, the side with nuclear weapons, or the side without? You will need to detach a little from what the corporate media is telling you and analyze the facts. Israeli officials are the ones trying to stop the peace process, not the arabs or the persians (iranians). Again, I very well know what corporate media is telling you, but the truth is different.

If you have the time, read these:
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20141002.htm
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20131204.htm
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20130902.htm

and this

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/12session/A-HRC-12-48.pdf

Goldstone report as well, about Israel's aggression in Gaza Strip.

The point is not to live in Israel, but to live in one of the countries Israel is threatening, to understand the reality...

Last edited:
I have to disagree with you on this one... In that region, Israel is the main threat... Let me ask you this - Who do you consider dangerous, the side with nuclear weapons, or the side without? You will need to detach a little from what the corporate media is telling you and analyze the facts. Israeli officials are the ones trying to stop the peace process, not the arabs or the persians (iranians). Again, I very well know what corporate media is telling you, but the truth is different.

If you have the time, read these:
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20141002.htm
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20131204.htm
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20130902.htm

and this

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/12session/A-HRC-12-48.pdf

Goldstone report as well, about Israel's aggression in Gaza Strip.

The point is not to live in Israel, but to live in one of the countries Israel is threatening, to understand the reality...
i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/

1. Citing corporate media bias then using Noam Chomsky to prove your point.

Source

Dat kool-aid.

Every Persian I know has little regard for the Arabs. Arabs are the butt of all of their jokes. It's like HK/Singapore folk vs. Mainlanders. They can't stand 'em. You'd think that it wouldn't be so difficult for Iran and Israel to come to an agreement. Especially with ISIS next door.

You'd think that it wouldn't be so difficult for Iran and Israel to come to an agreement. Especially with ISIS next door.

"Your god has a different name to my god even though it's the same god."

Because reasons.

I've posted on a different thread... Israel funded ISIS, so they are in bed, sort of speak... They wanted to encourage an extremist force against Hezbollah, without involving Israel's name... So they've payed the guys that are beheading innocent people today... Iran is fighting against ISIS...

Do you even know what ISIS is? (ISISisisisis?) Hillary and Israel armed the Syrian rebellion. Isis came, killed everyone, and took all the weapons. A strategic oversight, perhaps, but not exactly apples to apples.

Islamic State of Iraq and Levant for clarification.
A retired US General, former NATO Commander had and has access to intel that very few people on this planet have. He is not speculating and as far as i know, nobody came out yet, trying to contradict his statements.

Do you even know what ISIS is? (ISISisisisis?) Hillary and Israel armed the Syrian rebellion. Isis came, killed everyone, and took all the weapons. A strategic oversight, perhaps, but not exactly apples to apples.
Israel wouldn't want to arm ISIS so most likely it was through an indirect method that they didn't forsee. Although both of them are against Hamas, ISIS would rather watch Hamas blow up/get destroyed by Israel so then they could fight the winner.

Israel wouldn't want to arm ISIS so most likely it was through an indirect method that they didn't forsee. Although both of them are against Hamas, ISIS would rather watch Hamas blow up/get destroyed by Israel so then they could fight the winner.
Listen to what Wesley Clark is saying... Israel funded ISIS to fight against Hezbollah, not Hamas. Speculation (Hillary and Israel armed...) is something, what Clark says is something else.

Neither. Who's more dangerous, a stupid knife-wielding mugger or his intended victim packing a 9mm?Oh my.
With all due respect, you are not analyzing the quotes correctly... My rhetorical question was "Who do you consider dangerous...'' not "Who do you consider more dangerous...", because the side without nukes is simply not dangerous at all (at that given level). The word "more" is misleading and creates tension confusing any person in finding a simple correct answer. In other words is imagination...
Thank you for reading and participating to this interesting and opinionated topic. Seriously, every single comment is a step forward!

The idea is to eliminate nuclear weapons, which Israel and incredibly dangerous Pakistan need to do. Don't you think? (rhetorical again).

Last edited by a moderator:
With all due respect, you are not analyzing the quotes correctly... My rhetorical question was "Who do you consider dangerous...''
That's not a rhetorical question - unless you're simply not interested in any kind of discussion. And even then it isn't rhetorical - you only believe it is.
not "Who do you consider more dangerous...", because the side without nukes is simply not dangerous at all (at that given level).
Why?

Do you believe that an organisation that does not possess nuclear weapons is not dangerous? Do you believe that an organisation that does possess them is? Daesh, Boko Haram and Al Qa'ida do not possess nuclear weapons - France does.

Why is possession of a tool a prerequisite for danger?
The idea is to eliminate nuclear weapons, which Israel and incredibly dangerous Pakistan need to do. Don't you think? (rhetorical again).
Again that isn't rhetorical unless you are proselytising - and it still isn't.

And no, I don't think that Israel and Pakistan (nor anyone else) need to eliminate nuclear weapons - unless they have signed agreements to do so.

I have to disagree with you on this one... In that region, Israel is the main threat... Let me ask you this - Who do you consider dangerous, the side with nuclear weapons, or the side without?
Really? Do ya think Israel are going to start nuking countries? :eek: I think they might napalm ISIS if they could but using the nuke nuke seems a bit like me marrying Bill Gate's daughter.

I thought this thread was about Bibi's lies...
I doubt it was ever about that - the agenda behind a post consisting entirely of a 40 minute video and a wholesale copy'n'paste of a non-mainstream media blog post commenting on it seemed obvious from the start.

I thought this thread was about Bibi's lies...
Yeah, we got on a relatively different path here... If you want, as long as Bibi was in charge, he knew about funding extremists ... but that is only speculation..

Really? Do ya think Israel are going to start nuking countries? :eek: I think they might napalm ISIS if they could but using the nuke nuke seems a bit like me marrying Bill Gate's daughter.
That's not a rhetorical question - unless you're simply not interested in any kind of discussion. And even then it isn't rhetorical - you only believe it is.Why?

Do you believe that an organisation that does not possess nuclear weapons is not dangerous? Do you believe that an organisation that does possess them is? Daesh, Boko Haram and Al Qa'ida do not possess nuclear weapons - France does.

Why is possession of a tool a prerequisite for danger?Again that isn't rhetorical unless you are proselytising - and it still isn't.

And no, I don't think that Israel and Pakistan (nor anyone else) need to eliminate nuclear weapons - unless they have signed agreements to do so.

Israel, with his unpredictable, sneaky behavior and powerful friends, is threatening... Because of their nuclear arsenal (which they wont admit) they can bully the entire Middle East and United Nations. They are still occupying land (against the international law) that needs to be returned to it's original countries. I don't want to be too long, but if you have time, look for "The American Radical" on Youtube, and watch it. It's about a brave gentleman who needs respect and admiration for his courage... He is an american jew, by the way, and is brilliant.

My question are for readers to reflect on. I'm not here to interrogate or to argue. If you feel like you want to answer, that will be constructive for the discussion, but I respect people's emotions over a topic like this one. As a moderator, an individual needs to keep his or her balance, inviting users to avoid misinformation or misleading statements, that's why, attached to the article I've posted the video. Readers have it right there and can check if that story is strong enough or not.

If your next door neighbor will be heavily armed with a history of erratic behavior, you will be concerned about him not having guns and ammunition in his house, but because of those, he can do whatever he wants... He is friends with the big guys as well, so no chances for you to make your case anywhere. He has "big guns" - " big balls" and he can bully anybody in the neighborhood. He won't use the guns, but even the idea of a potential carnage, makes you keep your head down.

I feel sorry for you when you are saying you don't think anybody needs to give away nukes unless they have a treaty. They need the treaty because they don't want to be like arabs and Iran, with Israel, otherwise, technically, there are no impediments for anybody to do it. Peace only comes with no weapons, not with more weapons or with existing weapons. Probably you are not very aware of it, but war is big business, and that's why, in my opinion, U.S. is friends with Israel - because of constant conflict that some leaders of Israel are constantly igniting and encouraging (peace is their enemy - see the main post).

I doubt it was ever about that - the agenda behind a post consisting entirely of a 40 minute video and a wholesale copy'n'paste of a non-mainstream media blog post commenting on it seemed obvious from the start.

You can think whatever you want about the initial post. I only try to answer to worthy commentators (my opinion) or post something on worthy threads. If you think GTPlanet can be a place for political or any kind of agendas, you are supra evaluating gamers interests or position in the society. We (because obviously I am one of us) like virtual world, and that's why we are here. If you don't like the main post, you can ignore it, like many others did. But there is a possibility to find an interesting link or idea which can make you think out of the box, and voila (french for "there you go"), you learned something that day.

Really sorry for the long post, but I respect your opinions and I thought you need answers. If I was wrong, my bad!

Israel, with his unpredictable, sneaky behavior and powerful friends, is threatening... Because of their nuclear arsenal (which they wont admit) they can bully the entire Middle East and United Nations.
Which of these two things is it that makes them dangerous though? Their alleged attitude or their alleged nuclear arsenal?

I'll ask again, why is it the possession of nuclear weapons that makes a state or organisation dangerous? You asked which was dangerous, a side with nuclear weapons or a side without them. Why are the UK and France dangerous for possessing nuclear weapons but a side that does not possess them- say Al Qa'ida - not?

You know the answer, but you persist in thinking nuclear weapon ownership is danger.
If your next door neighbor will be heavily armed with a history of erratic behavior, you will be concerned about him not having guns and ammunition in his house, but because of those, he can do whatever he wants... He is friends with the big guys as well, so no chances for you to make your case anywhere. He has "big guns" - " big balls" and he can bully anybody in the neighborhood. He won't use the guns, but even the idea of a potential carnage, makes you keep your head down.
I live in a country where we are so fearful of guns - which equalise power - that we have all but banned them, and instead we only have to live in fear of the behaviour. It's not weaponry that makes people dangerous, rather their bad attitude.
I feel sorry for you when you are saying you don't think anybody needs to give away nukes unless they have a treaty. They need the treaty because they don't want to be like arabs and Iran, with Israel, otherwise, technically, there are no impediments for anybody to do it.
That's a weirdly random sentence, but ultimately one without any real meaning. You act like nuclear weapons are the problem, not the attitude. A state or organisation with only conventional weapons - or even no weapons at all - can be dangerous, and I don't know why you're ignoring that.

No nation or organisation that holds a nuclear arsenal is beholden to "eradicate" it unless they have agreed to do so. Such an agreement would form a contract and that's the nature of contracts - they can't be unilaterally altered, nor applied to non-signatory parties. Israel, Pakistan and India haven't signed such a contract.

Now I think you'll have to agree that a state that develops nuclear weapons despite agreeing not to is one that is dangerous. At the moment this applies only to North Korea, which decided it wanted out of that contract in 2003, while Iran has fallen foul of the terms of the contract several times over the period of 2003-2011.

So, now we have to ask your question again. Which is dangerous, a side that probably has nuclear weapons but will neither say it does or doesn't - or a side that says it won't make any nuclear weapons but is repeatedly found not to be sticking to that promise?
Peace only comes with no weapons, not with more weapons or with existing weapons.
Why?

I'd like you to imagine that everyone on Earth is disarmed - there are no more weapons. Is everyone safe? Oh wait, we forgot about tools that can be used as weapons. Let's get rid of all the knives, axes, screwdrivers, razors, tooth brushes, sports equipment, yadda yadda. Is everyone safe? Oh wait, we forgot about improvised weapons. Let's get rid of all the bricks, large rocks, heavy tree boughs, yadda yadda. Is everyone safe? Oh wait, we forgot about things that can be used to harm or incapacitate people. Let's get rid of all the sand, peanuts, pollen... Oh crap, I have a dog and my neighbour doesn't - I must be dangerous...

It's turtles all the way down and even once you get to the point of it just being two people, they can still use their bare hands. If one guy is bigger and stronger, he can take whatever he wants from the other guy because he can - and he cannot be stopped.

While you're focussing on disarming everyone for peace, you've missed the point that rights are violated by force and have to be defended with more force or there are no consequences to violating rights - and there is always someone who wants to violate your rights.

I would be curious how you'd go about achieving peace if one rogue nation or organisation decided to activate its own nuclear program while every other nation on Earth was completely disarmed.
Probably you are not very aware of it, but war is big business
Yeah, no-one's aware of that. It's that damn mainstream media that everyone else watches all the time misleading us.

Wake up, sheeple (etc. etc. etc.).

They are still occupying land (against the international law) that needs to be returned to it's original countries.

Who would that be? Or, which boundaries from which year? Should they simply go back to the last iron clad agreement?

I don't need to google it, you proposed that land should be returned. I was asking which land and to whom, something you don't want to answer.

I don't need to google it, you proposed that land should be returned. I was asking which land and to whom, something you don't want to answer.

Simply copy/pasting isn't always enough.

What land should be returned, and to whom? @squadops is interested in knowing too, it seems.

I am doing this between other things, and again, some commentators (even the admin) seem not to be ok with long posts, thinking of an agenda (Alex Jones type of thing ) or something... so I want to keep it as short as possible and I will ask you, if you are interested to find the answer, to take the time to read to understand.

Land supposed to be returned to the palestinians. Also the settlements were built against the international law, that states you cannot move civilians inside the occupied areas with the purpose of gaining those areas.

Gaza is a concentration camp at this point, and Israel is enforcing an apartheid (racial segregation) policy there. Human rights violations and abuses are the norm.
The documentary I gave you the link for, The Law In These Parts, is made by a jewish director, about those specific areas, and the legislation used to rule them.

Here are 2 transcripts from the end of the documentary:

"(former military judge)-As a military judge you don't just represent justice. I think that a civilian judge represents justice, and society in general. As a military judge, you represent the authorities of the occupation, vis-a-vis a population that sees you as the enemy. You're conducting a trial against your enemy.
(reporter)- Not against him, you are the judge!
- The judge, yes, but he stands before you, and he's the enemy. It's an unnatural situation. as long as it's only temporary, fine. But when it goes on for 40 years? How can the system function? How can it be just?"

and

"From case number 2058 from 2011.
The military prosecutor vs. Bassem Tamimi.
The defendant addresses to court:
Your honor,
I was born in the same year as the occupation, and ever since, I've being living under it's inherent inhumanity, inequality, racism and lack of freedom.
I have been imprisoned nine times for a sum total of almost three years, though I was never convicted of any felony.
During one of my detentions, I was paralyzed as a result of torture.
My wife was detained, my children wounded, my land stolen by settlers, and now my house is slated for demolition.
International law recognizes that occupied people have the rights to resist.
Because of my belief in this right, I organize popular demonstrations against the theft of more than half of my village's land. Against settlers attack, against the occupation.
You, to claim to be the only democracy in the Middle East, are trying me under laws written by authorities I have not elected, and which do not represent me. For me, these laws do not exist; they are meaningless.
The military prosecutor is accusing me of inciting protesters to throw stones at the soldiers. What actually incited them was the occupation's bulldozers on our land, the guns, the smell of tear gas.
And if the military judge releases me, will I be convinced there is justice in your courts?"

These are well known abuses done by the israelis authorities in the occupied territories... of course people will fight back.

No matter what we do, ends up being a long comment... and I owe the admin another one. Coming soon...

Back