1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

I need friend requests to come my way, I will send request to other drivers shortly, they might be able to help me with some of the rides.

You should have a FR pending from myself. I'm hosting my own car, so tuck in when you're ready :cool:👍

{Cy}

Just so you know, all cars are on share, you don't need to build them. 👍 Or did you know that already? In which case, I feel a bit like an idiot. :dopey:

I'm still pretty new to doing events like this. I see that most people have their PSN listed with their avatar so I will send the tuners friend requests too.

I need friend requests to come my way, I will send request to other drivers shortly, they might be able to help me with some of the rides.
Sent you a FR a couple days ago was still waiting for you to accept yesterday when I checked.

@praiano your showing two results for VTiRoj in your test posts. Is one of those suppossed to be Rotary Junkies car?

All test drivers check tires on test cars. Onboy123 currently has Sports Soft tires mounted that need to be switched before testing!

Since I seem to be in the mood to annoy people currently...:D

I have a question for Detoxification. I find it odd that you have tris_73 S2000 at 2 seconds faster than all the other cars you've tested so far. Any chance that this was a typo or tire mistake, or did you just click with that particular car and get a magic lap?:confused:

Tris is part of my garage and I wish him and his car all the best. Also his car is undeniably fast if you can drive it properly, but I find it odd that it is 2 seconds faster than the other S2000s which, at least for me are all very close in their handling and performance.

Breath Onboy....
I'm just messing around, I wasn't serious.

And Y U NO DEFEND ME WALLBANGER?!?!?! Praiano is usually 2 or three seconds faster in any car than I am, and yet when it's my nose heavy Eclipse, that gap drops to a mere 0.1-0.2…:odd::lol:

Since I seem to be in the mood to annoy people currently...:D

I have a question for Detoxification. I find it odd that you have tris_73 S2000 at 2 seconds faster than all the other cars you've tested so far. Any chance that this was a typo or tire mistake, or did you just click with that particular car and get a magic lap?:confused:

Tris is part of my garage and I wish him and his car all the best. Also his car is undeniably fast if you can drive it properly, but I find it odd that it is 2 seconds faster than the other S2000s which, at least for me are all very close in their handling and performance.

I've also been wondering about this slightly, but didn't want to upset my apple cart....:lol:

By the way, thanks for the review Desp. I think you nailed it by saying it would be good for a flowing style (or words to that effect). That is what I have been trying to do with my driving, so the car got set up that way

I'm just messing around, I wasn't serious.

And Y U NO DEFEND ME WALLBANGER?!?!?! Praiano is usually 2 or three seconds faster in any car than I am, and yet when it's my nose heavy Eclipse, that gap drops to a mere 0.1-0.2…:odd::lol:
No need to defend you.
I think those times are so close because that really is the limit for the car, and it just doesn't have any more to give regardless of your driving talent.
It does happen occasionally that a certain car and setup will hit a performance barrier. What you want as a tuners is to make it possible for as many different drivers and driving styles reach that limit or close to it. That's why I was so happy with my Pikes Peak tune for the European Shootout and why I'm feeling good about my SSR here as most people are getting very similar times with it.

Sent you a FR a couple days ago was still waiting for you to accept yesterday when I checked.

@praiano your showing two results for VTiRoj in your test posts. Is one of those suppossed to be Rotary Junkies car?

All test drivers check tires on test cars. Onboy123 currently has Sports Soft tires mounted that need to be switched before testing!

You know what ? His car is a 2001, i've test 2 times VTiRoj's car :ouch::ouch: . Sorry for this and thanks for the advise. I'll do another test right now with the right S2000 '01 for RJ. They are both so clothe on my friend list..... Sorry again.

No need to defend you.
I think those times are so close because that really is the limit for the car, and it just doesn't have any more to give regardless of your driving talent.
It does happen occasionally that a certain car and setup will hit a performance barrier. What you want as a tuners is to make it possible for as many different drivers and driving styles reach that limit or close to it. That's why I was so happy with my Pikes Peak tune for the European Shootout and why I'm feeling good about my SSR here as most people are getting very similar times with it.

^^ This ^^

I'll run your car later for you OnBoy, but don't be upset if times come back similar. Take it as a good indication that you've done all that can be done with the car. Sometimes we pick a car just because and it doesn't live up to expectations. I've done that a few times now :yuck:

{Cy}

^^ This ^^

I'll run your car later for you OnBoy, but don't be upset if times come back similar. Take it as a good indication that you've done all that can be done with the car. Sometimes we pick a car just because and it doesn't live up to expectations. I've done that a few times now :yuck:

{Cy}

Oh I won't be at all upset about it, I'm just a bit curious as to why the hell is the 'barracuda of GT5 tuning' as we nicknamed him from the RVR shootout is only a bit faster than me…I think it doesn't show what the limit of this car at this level is, because a performance like this just plainly isn't this car's limit, but more like how easy to drive it is and how easy it is to take to the limit…not very, from what I'm seeing.

But hey, at least the award for the fastest FF goes to me! If only by default…

EDIT, CORRECTION:

Now it's OK , sorry for this, me too i've mixed RJ and VTiRoj...... I'm not the first one to do this :):) and they stand beside in my friend list too, that's why... Now it's ok, i've tested RJ S2000 '01. I've spent a lot of time 20 laps i think, before to go down the 1'25". The car is very sharp and showed oversteer at acceleration and when you change quickly of direction in the chicane. When you accustomed to the car ,it's possible to go as fast as the others ,but it's still difficult to repeat 2 consecutive good fast laps. The car only use 5 gears on 6 , it help to control the accel oversteer, but it's not good to explore the power that only stand in the high RPM above 8000rpm only.

new2bc.jpg

Correction for RJ's car edited.

I am sorry to say I will not be able to participate in this shootout. I am working on a major Oracle implementation project that is going live in two weeks. I thought it would be going more smoothly. All my free time is gone gone gone. If you see me online I'm running B-Spec. Sorry again about not being able to test.

I am sorry to say I will not be able to participate in this shootout. I am working on a major Oracle implementation project that is going live in two weeks. I thought it would be going more smoothly. All my free time is gone gone gone. If you see me online I'm running B-Spec. Sorry again about not being able to test.
No problem madmyk life happens!👍👍

Now I just have to pay off the rest of the drivers to stay on top as the fastest none S2000/Miata.:crazy::lol:

That's too bad man. I liked your car :( but like Desperado said life happens. Hope you get back on soon 👍 good luck! :dopey:

just for laughs, I was over at my sons(playing COD) and BB will attest to this I'm not a good driver by all means..But jumped behind his wheel(my third try using it(Making it hard to want to stay with my trusty DS3) I did a 1,25.8xx in my BMW z4 son was a 1.26 flat..Thought I'd share:sly:

That is a mighty fine image Jack!

Cheers man I like it too. Heres another two I had to choose between.
6323386386_205ef405c9_z.jpg

and this
6323385760_214838e5f3_z.jpg

I think they are all good, (Not being big headed).I normally suck at taking pics lol

Just added another 5 test times and mini reviews to my results post here

Will hopefully get the last 5 tested tomorrow.

Excellent job everyone!👍👍

Remember as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Rotary Junkie Honda S2000 '01 Time=1:26.723
This is more like what I expected to get with all the S2000s. Extremely quick acceleration and corner hugging grip, in a package that allows the less skilled driver to explore its potential. Definitely a much more civilised car than the other S2000s tested so far. Perhaps that more driver friendly nature allows it by carrying more speed, but it seems to have the best acceleration I've yet seen. While giving a good sense of speed and being less demanding on the drivers skills and concentration than the other S2000s tested thus far, it comes away sort of sterile feeling like a surgical instrument. For me if I just wanted to go racing or lay down the hottest lap possible this would be a top choice, however if I wanted a fun drive while still being semi competitive, either BigBerry's or Dragonthing's Miata's would get the nod, as they add that extra eliment of fun to the drive instead of being just all business.

You've found my problem with the S2000 then. :lol:

The AP2 I found to be slower due to peak power coming too late in the available rev range (have to run it to the limiter to get the most out of it) and less lively. I could've packed more fun into it, but the ability to really get on it hard would've suffered.

And it still wouldn't have been as much fun as a Miata. The S2000 has always been too hardcore for that.

Harvey Wallbanger's Roadster Reviews!

Dragonthing Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Time=1:26.837
ACSR421 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Time=1:27.023
BigBerry Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Time=1:27.376

CyKosis1973 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 Time=1:27.260
More business like and less playful feeling than either BigBerry's or Dragonthing's Miata's. It's fast, competent and easy to drive, but it seems to have lost some of the fun loving, playful nature you expect with these cars. My only minor complaint with the car was that it didn't seem to like turning in while braking unless you really mashed the brakes. This wasn't helped by the brakes feeling a little soft for my taste.

Uh-oh, I might have gone a bit far in neutralising the car. The brakes are intentionally soft, you should be able to mash them quite hard without any lock up. I found that going into the hairpins, the car wanted to lock up the outside front wheel. If you drive with the racing line on, start your braking a good cars length before the red braking zone. Lift right off before you reach the end of the zone and the car should rotate nicely under you, coast through the apex and then apply the loud pedal. If you're heavy enough with the accelerator, you can get the tail sliding. The diff should catch most of the wheel spin though. If you fancy a bit more side-ways action, then install the original diff, or use the original diff settings with the custom one. The settings are a bit crazy and I very nearly published the car with them. I'm thinking that maybe I should have done now.

Nice to see I've got BigB pipped by a tenth and only quarter of a second off ACSR, sweet. Well done Dragonthing, told you you'd be alright girl...

{Cy}

EDIT: - Thanks for your time, btw, most appreciated Sir...

Uh-oh, I might have gone a bit far in neutralising the car. The brakes are intentionally soft, you should be able to mash them quite hard without any lock up. I found that going into the hairpins, the car wanted to lock up the outside front wheel. If you drive with the racing line on, start your braking a good cars length before the red braking zone. Lift right off before you reach the end of the zone and the car should rotate nicely under you, coast through the apex and then apply the loud pedal. If you're heavy enough with the accelerator, you can get the tail sliding. The diff should catch most of the wheel spin though. If you fancy a bit more side-ways action, then install the original diff, or use the original diff settings with the custom one. The settings are a bit crazy and I very nearly published the car with them. I'm thinking that maybe I should have done now.

Nice to see I've got BigB pipped by a tenth and only quarter of a second off ACSR, sweet. Well done Dragonthing, told you you'd be alright girl...

{Cy}

EDIT: - Thanks for your time, btw, most appreciated Sir...

Sorry ,i forget to test your car.... CyKosis1973 Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07... I will do this after the job tonight.:)👍

Latest Posts

Back