1st Annual Fall Roadster Battle! FINAL RESULTS POSTED!!!

Oi, you owe me a test from yesterday as well, remember?

I know, I know. You'll get your drive. I had to see a man about a dog last night. I'll give your car a good thrash and will try to do some others as well. Keen to give the other Roadsters a go, for comparison purposes...

{Cy}

If you fancy a bit more side-ways action, then install the original diff, or use the original diff settings with the custom one. The settings are a bit crazy and I very nearly published the car with them. I'm thinking that maybe I should have done now.

So we can tell drivers to change the LSD? I didn't know this...could have come in handy while tuning...

So we can tell drivers to change the LSD? I didn't know this...could have come in handy while tuning...

^^ No we cant.

As BigB says, no you can't change it for the purposes of the Shootout. Under Shootout conditions, test drivers must drive the car as advertised. Outside of the Shootout, you can do whatever the hell you like with the car :sly:

Didn't mean to mislead...

{Cy}

Note! I'm still waiting for MrGrado and RallyWagon to accept my FR on PSN. The requests were sent several days ago now. :dopey:

I'm not an official tester, so don't count my times anywhere. I'm unlikely to get to all the cars, so consider this a 'sample'. If I find the time to do more, I will. It's fairly obvious why I've driven the cars I have, I promised OnBoy and the rest are the same as the car I submitted.

I only ran each car for 6 laps, 1 out lap, 5 hot laps. Worth noting on the tyre and corner entry front that, as has been noted elsewhere, I like soft brakes. I've also got fat fingers, so deal. :sly:

Me: 1:25.996
Best gawdam car here ... again ...

OnBoy: 1:27.255
Superb effort Sir. I suspect I could have shaved some more time off this. Could I hit a 1:26..?? Maybe. Biggest issue for me was corner entry. The front tended to heat up too quickly and as I've found running mine and other cars on these tyres, once that happens, it's a short hop before the rear lets go too. Corner exit is rock on and redeems the car. Provided you don't over-cook your entry, it's fairly hard to light the fronts up on exit. Good job...

acsr421: 1:25.602
Congratulations, you've built the car I meant to. I could have dumped a bunch of time off my lap, but to be honest I got distracted power sliding. Sorry. Bloody thing drives like its 4WD ... you sure you didn't swap out the drivetrain..?? I'd recommend drifters take a look at this car.

bigberry: 1:26.693
Feel like I should have done better by this car. Going back to my earlier comments, once these tyres go there's a fraction of time available to you within which to get it back together. I missed that fraction more often than I hit it. Mostly coming in hot on the brakes and starting with the outside front, progressing quickly to the rear. However, bearing that in mind, if you resist heating the tyres, this thing has the pace, balance and grip. Could I run it down to a 1:26.1xx, most definitely.

Dragonthing: 1:25.800
A curious creature, to be sure. Took a couple of laps to get to grips with the car. The arse is all over the place, or feels like. In actually fact it's firmly under control, with tremendous rotation and lateral grip, corner exit it ridiculously good. Suffers slightly on entry and if over-cooked does the same as above. Go easy on the brakes, let the arse swing and apply power appropriately. A jolly good wheeze...

{Cy}

I'm not an official tester, so don't count my times anywhere. I'm unlikely to get to all the cars, so consider this a 'sample'. If I find the time to do more, I will. It's fairly obvious why I've driven the cars I have, I promised OnBoy and the rest are the same as the car I submitted.

{Cy}

Any chance you'll take on some of the American Roadsters? :nervous:

I'll see what I can do Sir. I'll need to borrow yours, pretty sure I don't have a Prowler in the locker...

{Cy}

I (stupidly) put my name in the drivers hat, and I'm pretty sure you acepted my FR
....so
...enjoy?
I could be wrong, not home at the moment

Here are my finals times for this shootout. I drove some cars again and again this week end but no better times for nobody. I have to stop here because i can't drive this track anymore, no more fun for me so my test is over.

My driver choice is:

1°) Honda S2000 03' / Johnnypenso-yuritardid. For me the perfect S2000 tune, the car is sharp, allow you to attack anytime staying safe and inline. Shifting down under strong braking direct to the apex, good grip and throttle control mid corner, early acceleration out corner without oversteer ,just a normal to not kill the car then you can use it to correct your driving line, and finally the gears well spreaded to use the right RPM at the important parts of the track.

2°) Xdesperado67 / Chevrolet SSR '03. Heavy but very good grip , well balanced tune. Fun to drive at this low PP, i would like to see a 500 pp or more version.

3°)madmik / MG MGF ’97 . It's not as fast as the others japanese roadsters , but it drive so good , so well balanced ,that it was a great pleasure for me to drive it.

Congratulation to everybody. :)đź‘Ť

><((((°> °°°°°°

lastl.jpg

3°)madmik / MG MGF &#8217;97 . It's not as fast as the others japanese roadsters , but it drive so good , so well balanced ,that it was a great pleasure for me to drive it.

madmyk did not make the final deadline, but I drove it and Praiano drove it.... Madmyk was occupied with life to get his car in on time, if DB would let me or Praiano host his car would that be okay? It's a fun car. :dopey:

madmyk did not make the final deadline, but I drove it and Praiano drove it.... Madmyk was occupied with life to get his car in on time, if DB would let me or Praiano host his car would that be okay? It's a fun car. :dopey:

I forgot the Jackthalad Honda S2000 '06 and put the madmik car at the place....:ouch: i think i miss something.... again.

I'll test his car now. For the madmik car , i have it , he send it to me and i'll put on share , if he take part or not to the shootout, the car will be there for who want to drive it. ( Need to check it, it's really good.)

^^^ this. It is avery good car to drive, and givin the circumstances I think everyone should drive the nice italian sports car. It is fun

Back