200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
RenesisEvo
Good stuff - I found that worked with George V and the RAM (yea, I know...) - the roads are so narrow that once you overtake at the long hairpin, the AI can never get past. Btw is that supposed to be wet tarmac, because it didn't feel like it...?

I hope you read my previous post wrt the MR2.. its Clubman thats the issue. (The NSX is a similar problem, but the MR2 is always in front of that!)

Cheers for the help 👍

Yeah Geroge V is supposed to be wet (it looks all shiny)
I reckon NSX's are the all time enemy of A-spec hunters - soooo many races where they F up the lineup. Guess the AI learnt to drive in one..............

EDIT: since it's a new page maybe you missed my last post...........for Cubman try an old supra ('88? '91), bad tyres and weight - top end is all you need.

route_66
Yeah Geroge V is supposed to be wet (it looks all shiny)
I reckon NSX's are the all time enemy of A-spec hunters - soooo many races where they F up the lineup. Guess the AI learnt to drive in one..............

EDIT: since it's a new page maybe you missed my last post...........for Cubman try an old supra ('88? '91), bad tyres and weight - top end is all you need.

👍 good stuff. I missed your post because i was posting another of my own at the same time!!

route_66
Since when do you recommend the RAM? And a tuned one as well! lol!

Well, he was already in it. :indiff:

Besides, I just nitroused my way through Japanese Compact. Wasn't time for me to get all self-righteous. :guilty:

Was starting to look like I'd have to do the same for World Compact but I think I may have just cracked it. Just did a 168p race with the Mitsubishi i from the back of the pack and won by 10s! There's potential. Ahhh... the joys of not having any gears. :D

route_66
Aaaaah.....Clubman. Get back in the RAM

Tsk... Tsk... A slightly modded Elise '72 can win it (well, except Seoul - needed the 111R for 173p there).

So... REPENT SINNER! Cleanse your soul and redo it with the Elise. :lol: :sly:

RenesisEvo
I hope you read my previous post wrt the MR2.. its Clubman thats the issue. (The NSX is a similar problem, but the MR2 is always in front of that!)

NSX? Clubman? :confused:

Interesting.

For me, the 111R was by far the most dangerous followed by the MR2 and the Speedster Turbo.

Yup, NSXes are usually the most dangerous car wherever they pop up. Weird thing about the NSXes, at least for the Honda Type R meeting. I'm fairly sure they're low on the point total even though they'll end up miles ahead. That is, you don't get many more points if they're in the lineup. The Civic of all cars appeared to hold that honor.

jdw
Tsk... Tsk... A slightly modded Elise '72 can win it (well, except Seoul - needed the 111R for 173p there).

Nah. Used a supra. shiny black sports car. Not enormous stupid truck or tiny little insect car.

EDIT: (Rant) I hate civics. I mean I really really hate civics. Especially Type-R's. Especially Type-R's driven by Scally morons at 4 am round my house. Useless ugly FWD POS. It probably gets more points than NSX's because it's driver reckons his Civic "pwnz NSX." A case for relaxing Britains gun laws I think.................(end rant)

jdw
Was starting to look like I'd have to do the same for World Compact but I think I may have just cracked it. Just did a 168p race with the Mitsubishi i from the back of the pack and won by 10s! There's potential. Ahhh... the joys of not having any gears. :D

I also used the Mitsu I for a few races. It was quite fun. I can't remember which circuit but it had the Highspeed ring, the mitsu took a little while to get to speed but killed them in the corners, then I would have to block for a while to get back up to speed. Big fun.
I looove the Elises. I've run the 111r in everything it will qualify for, including medium road rallies, and wet race. I wish it would mod up to enter the Supercar Festival, it would kill.
Funny though, I hated the thing in GT3 while everyone raved about it. Now it's one of my favorite cars.

HiSpeed reckons I should go for getting all the cars for the one make series onto bad oil to get those last few points..........I reckon this would require about 60000 extra miles. Anyone reckon I should go for it? If i do I think maybe the total could be close to the "Perfect" 113,100. In fact it might even be possible to get them all...................what do you lot think? Is it worth it? I figure if I put a car on test track with a bit of string round the throttle then I could run up a few thousand miles while I sleep.

route_66
HiSpeed reckons I should go for getting all the cars for the one make series onto bad oil to get those last few points..........I reckon this would require about 60000 extra miles. Anyone reckon I should go for it? If i do I think maybe the total could be close to the "Perfect" 113,100. In fact it might even be possible to get them all...................what do you lot think? Is it worth it? I figure if I put a car on test track with a bit of string round the throttle then I could run up a few thousand miles while I sleep.
You've got to man. You are soooo close to absolute perfection, you just have to.

JParker
You've got to man. You are soooo close to absolute perfection, you just have to.

I'm on it. Just found a series I missed as well...........Suzuki K-Car, only got 9pts. Thats a few more right there. Add another 8 or so where bad oil could make the difference and........who knows maybe it is possible to get them all after all.............

Route_66 - Back on the quest.

route_66
I'm on it. Just found a series I missed as well...........Suzuki K-Car, only got 9pts. Thats a few more right there. Add another 8 or so where bad oil could make the difference and........who knows maybe it is possible to get them all after all.............

Route_66 - Back on the quest.
Even if you can't get them all, you WILL have all that can be had!

JParker
Even if you can't get them all, you WILL have all that can be had!

Well. That's the "I'll get them all" Idea out the window. Best I can do In Suzuki K-Car is 172 with bad oil, N1's and Ballast. Any Idea how long it's going to take to get bad oil in a 2CV??!

Bugger, there's so many obvious ones i've missed..............
I'm going to stay up all night and do what I can. Full update in the morning.

I think tire selection make big difference right? for example: I entered the touring car championship in Pro Hall with my NSX-R concept with NA 1stage upgrade. I was giving only 139-143 pts per race (with Race Medium tires on). but if I put on Sports Medium tires on, i was giving 200pts. but of course I can't catch them :crazy:

route_66
Well. That's the "I'll get them all" Idea out the window. Best I can do In Suzuki K-Car is 172 with bad oil, N1's and Ballast. Any Idea how long it's going to take to get bad oil in a 2CV??!

8500 miles/50 mph = 170 hours = 1 week :lol:

I think I have found a good set of races to do some testing on to learn about the effect of lineup on a-spec points. Over the last couple of days I have been using my '97 Camaro to win the Stars and Stripes and the Muscle Car GP. Had a lot of fun with this car especially as I was able to get good a-spec without any hp upgrades and without a custom tranny (I just hate thet whine it makes). Anyway I was getting 180+ against Shelbys, Vipers, Mustangs, Z06s, etc. Good close exciting racing. I liked the car so much I thought I would use it in the MCGP - preview showed many of the same cars so I thought I would be getting good aspec again. How wrong I was! First race - 102 - the only real difference in the field was an F-150 - bloody truck! Two trucks in a race dragged it down to 41 pts and not an easy win (a Viper made the job very tricky).

So next time I don't feel like racing I think I will go and do a bit of testing here and see what I can find out. My initial thoughts are that the slowest car in the field has a much bigger effect on points than I thought.

above
I think tire selection make big difference right? for example: I entered the touring car championship in Pro Hall with my NSX-R concept with NA 1stage upgrade. I was giving only 139-143 pts per race (with Race Medium tires on). but if I put on Sports Medium tires on, i was giving 200pts. but of course I can't catch them

Tyre selection makes a huge difference - and the jump from R3 to S2 is huge - try switching from R3 to R1 (superhard) instead - that should be enough to get from 140 to almost 200, a bit of ballast would make up the difference. Alternatively, drop the NA1 tune and use muffler and chip upgrades.

On another topic - I also was able to observe the effect of reducing downforce. I had previously used the Camaro LM in the US GP for 67 points per race. By only changing the downforce from max to min this went up to 186. Unfortunately I do not know how much difference there was in the field but I don't think it was that much. The races were much harder to win but the car still drove beautifully. Ops for 186 were both Ford LMs, the Viper GTS-R Team Oreca, another Camaro and the Chapparal 2D. Now if I could just replace the 2D with the C5R I might be getting somewhere.

route_66

From what I've heard... B-spec... on Practice mode... doesn't use tyres, doesn't use fuel and therefore doesn't pit... therefore 3x it set it to 5... and you'll be away... added bonus is that it also can give your b-spec dude some training!

C.

Couldn't you just B-Spec a free run at Super Speedway or something, leave it on 3x speed and as there's no tyre wear it won't pit? Not sure if fuel would be an issue, can't remember whether fuel is used on free run (never done that many laps for it to be an issue). Even if it does pit, it'll still just keep going automatically on B-Spec, but it'll just go back to normal speed.

I suggested SS rather than Test Course, because I can't remember if you can just endlessly lap TC - only time I've done it is in Power and Speed menu, where top speed run only takes you round 2/3 of the track.

Above method no good if you want a perfect 0 for your B-Spec scores....

EDIT: Yeti had the same thought as me!

THE FINAL FINAL STATUS SCREEN

finalsatatus2.jpg

Ok. So I've spent the last 15hrs going through every single race to pick up the points I missed, and the score above is the result.

A few observations:

First - these are the races where I could still get more if I wore out the oil on the cars (Which I might do, 110000 seems so close, but thats 14 cars x 8500miles = 119000 miles. It'd even take B-spec bob months to do that and I'd have to let him drive..............and ruin my nice pure status screen). I've put the points I've got in brackets.

Audi A3 cup(153)
Chrysler Crossfire cup (154)
Saleen cup (191)
Triumph Spitfire Trophy (137)
Hyundai Sports (149)
Subaru 360 (130)
BMW 1 Series (160)
Alpine A310 (182)
Daihatsu Copen (144)
2HP-2CV (112)
Renault Megane Cup (144)
Mazda RX-8 Cup (187)
Lotus Classics (173)
Mini Sports Meeting (189)

These are the races where regardless of what I do (I had cars with bad oil already) 200pts is not possible.

Suzuki K-car (181)
Daihatsu Midget Race (153)
Isuzu Sports (167)
MG Festival (179)

A few points I noticed last night:
My previous total (106800) was much purer than what I have now, I really had to rag the Nitrous to pick up the last few.

The Triumph Cup - Even though the lineup looks like it's one car, it's not. If you get the Purple Prize version in the lineup you'll get more points since it's lighter.

Finally, I don't think it would be worth wearing out the 2CV and Subaru 360. assuming the bad oil loses 5% of the cars power, then on a 15hp car thats <1hp. It's really not going to make any difference.

So for now, that's it - The best I can do, slightly disappointed that I can't quite max all of them but in 6 months time I'll have finished it off. Maybe.

route_66 should join the GTPlanet Hall of Fame, right up there with Famine. Way to go - you have inspired me even more. I just need to learn how to drive quickly first :scared:

👍 great achievement. Go forth, and bask in thy glory.

route_66
THE FINAL FINAL STATUS SCREEN

First - these are the races where I could still get more if I wore out the oil...

Audi A3 cup(153)
Chrysler Crossfire cup (154)
Saleen cup (191)
Triumph Spitfire Trophy (137)
Hyundai Sports (149)
Subaru 360 (130)
BMW 1 Series (160)
Alpine A310 (182)
Daihatsu Copen (144)
2HP-2CV (112)
Renault Megane Cup (144)
Mazda RX-8 Cup (187)
Lotus Classics (173)
Mini Sports Meeting (189)

These are the races where regardless of what I do (I had cars with bad oil already) 200pts is not possible.

Suzuki K-car (181)
Daihatsu Midget Race (153)
Isuzu Sports (167)
MG Festival (179)

If I get this right... and you'll have to double check....

There's 2317p mostly lost, some of which can be recovered by making the oil dirty and there's 308p permanently lost.

Well, given that your screen says you have 3390 left, that leaves 765p!!!

Where are they? :eek:

(P.S. would using the blank A-Spec grid I have in the back of my FAQ help keep track of them?)

You check the Family Cup to get your 100 freebee points?

110,000p is in sight ;)

route_66
Finally, I don't think it would be worth wearing out the 2CV and Subaru 360. assuming the bad oil loses 5% of the cars power, then on a 15hp car thats <1hp. It's really not going to make any difference.

I don't think the game sees it that way though. Bad oil seems to give you about 20p (at least from the couple experiments I've done, it could vary by car).

360 - Nahh... let it go, that's juts 20. But the 2CV may just get you an extra 100p!
That is... once the Next Ice Age has passed and B-Spec Bob is done wearing out the engine :lol:

Congrats! You can hear the chant can't you? 110! 110! 110! :sly:

jdw
If I get this right... and you'll have to double check....

There's 2317p mostly lost, some of which can be recovered by making the oil dirty and there's 308p permanently lost.

Well, given that your screen says you have 3390 left, that leaves 765p!!!

Where are they? :eek:

(P.S. would using the blank A-Spec grid I have in the back of my FAQ help keep track of them?)

You check the Family Cup to get your 100 freebee points?

110,000p is in sight ;)

I don't think the game sees it that way though. Bad oil seems to give you about 20p (at least from the couple experiments I've done, it could vary by car).

360 - Nahh... let it go, that's juts 20. But the 2CV may just get you an extra 100p!
That is... once the Next Ice Age has passed and B-Spec Bob is done wearing out the engine :lol:

Congrats! You can hear the chant can't you? 110! 110! 110! :sly:

Do you think bad oil is just a "bonus" 20pts then, rather than recalculating PWR? I never thought of it like that..........still 100pts or not I'm not sure I want to spend a week wearing out that bloody 2CV - and then winning the series with it!
as for the missing 750, I cannot work out where they are - I know there are maybe 10 races that I didn't redo because I had 195+ points already - but not enough to make up the rest. I've done my Family Cups (actually I've done all of them while I was farting about the other day) So it's not there - I have checked every single race....all 500+ of them (I used a racelist FAQ from Gamefaqs to do it as well) It just doesn't quite add up..............any more ideas? I would like 110, but I might bask in the glory for a bit first....................lol. 👍

route_66
Do you think bad oil is just a "bonus" 20pts then, rather than recalculating PWR? I never thought of it like that..........still 100pts or not I'm not sure I want to spend a week wearing out that bloody 2CV - and then winning the series with it!

Yeah... that's my theory.

I think the "base" value for each car is based on a new car w/no oil change or used car w/oil change. I think... :rolleyes:

Well, if it were me, I'd stop at 110. Or, if you manage to find the missing points...111. Nice round number. Wasting time dirtying the oil instead of driving? Ahhh....

How about just doing a couple, see how much of a difference it made and calculate the rest just so we know what the MAX really is?

But maybe you want to push the number to a point where it can't be touched?

Your call there.

Ya know, IIRC, the engine wear test only involved one car right? So, there is no actual proof that it takes X miles to wear the engine down for ALL the cars. Maybe it's a measure of time? Maybe it's a measure of miles based on the car?

Not that I would be the one to want to test that theory.

route_66
as for the missing 750, I cannot work out where they are - I know there are maybe 10 races that I didn't redo because I had 195+ points already - but not enough to make up the rest. I've done my Family Cups (actually I've done all of them while I was farting about the other day) So it's not there - I have checked every single race....all 500+ of them (I used a racelist FAQ from Gamefaqs to do it as well) It just doesn't quite add up..............any more ideas? I would like 110, but I might bask in the glory for a bit first....................lol. 👍

Well, damn. If you already used a checklist. Got me? Check 'em again?

Here, I thought I could help get you over 110 without all that silly oil business. :indiff:

You know... I had another idea.
Since I know you prefer racing to letting Bob getting excercise.

After you enjoyed a well deserved vacation - you could start OVER but this time, go for the HIGHEST A-SPEC points with STOCK cars. And I mean stock. No ballast, no tweaking settings, no mods. Maybe - you can only change tires for Endurance races or for race cars? Aids... ok I give in :D

And then you'd have a list anyone could easily aspire too!

It's a thought BUT... I don't want to be responsible for pissing off your GF!

jdw
But maybe you want to push the number to a point where it can't be touched?

Your call there.

I'm hoping my score's pretty untouchable anyway............. :sly:

jdw
Ya know, IIRC, the engine wear test only involved one car right? So, there is no actual proof that it takes X miles to wear the engine down for ALL the cars. Maybe it's a measure of time? Maybe it's a measure of miles based on the car?

Not that I would be the one to want to test that theory.

I'd do it with the Saleen as it's the fastest, but it's already over 190pts so it wouldn't be representative - I might (MIGHT) do it with the Hyundai or the Crossfire, but it's only a maybe.

jdw
Well, damn. If you already used a checklist. Got me? Check 'em again?

Here, I thought I could help get you over 110 without all that silly oil business. :indiff:

Yeah, I'll get round to checking again, but it's a bit dull when you're not racing.

jdw
You know... I had another idea.
Since I know you prefer racing to letting Bob getting excercise.

After you enjoyed a well deserved vacation - you could start OVER but this time, go for the HIGHEST A-SPEC points with STOCK cars. And I mean stock. No ballast, no tweaking settings, no mods. Maybe - you can only change tires for Endurance races or for race cars? Aids... ok I give in :D

And then you'd have a list anyone could easily aspire too!

It's a thought BUT... I don't want to be responsible for pissing off your GF!

I'm going to Germany in a couple of weeks for a nice holiday, but I think i might take that on - it's a great idea. "Run what you brung" - Only the tyres it comes with, no mods, no ballast, no aids (Aids = no fun for me). Wouldn't take nearly as long either. Nice Idea, I like it. 👍

I've just found another 200pt race(s). Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before.
Doge RAM - Sunday Cup (all races) [200pt]

Cosmic
I've just found another 200pt race(s). Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned before.
Doge RAM - Sunday Cup (all races) [200pt]

Afraid it has.........and derided for being cheap. Still, needs must and all that............ 👍 👍

Rightey...
My wonderful Lupo has gained a Chip, and with 104bhp, it stops on a 2p coin and was a blast around the Beginner FF. had to employ nitrous to account for my inability to drive around Hong Kong Reverse. (edit: has very short gearbox, flywheel, LSD and racing brakes)

Beginner FR - a dirty oil, 80's Skyline R20 Turbo (similar name - bought for 10,000 in used 80;s) was given a large intercooler, NOS, drivetrain everything and ruled supreme. You could take the NOS off and win I reckon.

I'm now trying to get the MGF to win the MR racing... currently S3 tyres, used oil and 200kg ballast, and so far managed the Beginner Course at 200. I tried N1's -dear lord how do you drive on those?? The whole idea of A-spec points is to corner better than the AI - I just cannot on N1's.

Staying with MRs - my Elise 111R. With just a flywheel to its name, otherwise stock, I spent 20 laps knocking my times at Citta d'Aria down to 1min43.507. No idea if thats quick enough to take on the lancers yet - I may have to try the 3000GT. Was the suspension changed on the Elise, or did people run it standard set-up??

Right - last question - should I abandon my 100% win ratio?? It means if I want a different line-up, I have to go race elsewhere/buy/sell a car etc. So far I'm at 38%, with 16,000 points, but I've got soo many races I havent got 200pts for.

Right, I'm off to try the EL Capitan enduro for the very first time... Ill get my green Amuse R1 out :sly:

with regard to abandoning your 100% win ratio, I'm at 39,000 a-spec points and still at 100% win ratio, so I would go with NO

laters

ps that enduro is great fun, its a shame the ai isn't the greatest on that track

deadboy1975
with regard to abandoning your 100% win ratio, I'm at 39,000 a-spec points and still at 100% win ratio, so I would go with NO

laters

ps that enduro is great fun, its a shame the ai isn't the greatest on that track

it is good fun - the Motorsport Elise was trying to steal the show, but with S1 tyres I was pitting evey 15 laps, he was in every 11/12. And the prize car is even more fun - just scared myself silly doing a 2min58 around Sarthe II :scared: that car is just INSANE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back