2015 Fantasy Formula 1 - Standings in OP

What was that? Stick with Honda?

I'm torn about which way to go; Honda or Mercedes. It should be an easy decision but I love McLaren too much! :lol:

What was that? Stick with Honda?

I'm torn about which way to go; Honda or Mercedes. It should be an easy decision but I love McLaren too much! :lol:

Just do what feels right... I'm leading because I stuck with Ferrari/Raikkonnen, lucky shot :D :D

No, that way people may have teams performing better then what they were but over the 80million budget. Just don't pick Honda or Renault :P

Hang on... so if my team's value under the new prices is £90 million then I'd be forced to change the team?

That seems a little harsher than suggested ;)

After round 5, 10 and 15 there will be a transfer window open where you may make changes to your team.
You must keep 1 driver or the same engine manufacture from your previous team.

I sailed along assuming that if the value of your team went above £80m, then that is your own good fortune for picking a bargain at the start, Then, if you make any changes, then new team must come under the £80m cap.
Not that this rule effects me, since I have Button in my current lineup.

Hang on... so if my team's value under the new prices is £90 million then I'd be forced to change the team?

That seems a little harsher than suggested ;)
I sailed along assuming that if the value of your team went above £80m, then that is your own good fortune for picking a bargain at the start, Then, if you make any changes, then new team must come under the £80m cap.
Not that this rule effects me, since I have Button in my current lineup.
Right ok I see where you guys are going. Fair enough if people want to keep their teams as is then fine, if they want to make changes then it needs to sit under the new prices.

Everyone happy with that?

Right ok I see where you guys are going. Fair enough if people want to keep their teams as is then fine, if they want to make changes then it needs to sit under the new prices.

Everyone happy with that?

I'd presumed the same as @Barra333 ;)

I'm certainly happy... can't speak for anyone else... but it seems the fairest way :D

Perhaps add a line in the OP to make that clear?

I know I'm asking this very late, but what's the situation with teams with more than 2 drivers? Is it the best two that score points for you or is it all of them?

DK
I know I'm asking this very late, but what's the situation with teams with more than 2 drivers? Is it the best two that score points for you or is it all of them?
It's all of them. The way it's meant to work is you could buy 2 good drivers, e.g lewis and seb and they'll give you a fairly good point haul. But if you'd prefer to buy more drivers who are more midpack, that gives you a handful of drivers scoring average points, if that makes sense?

keep forgetting to do this, when i'm nowhere near my laptop I remember but when its in my hands, nope :banghead:

Lewis Hamilton - Great Britain - Mercedes-Benz AMG Petronas - Mercedes - £38million
Nico Rosberg - Germany - Mercedes-Benz AMG Petronas - Mercedes - £32million
Sebastian Vettel - Germany - Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari - £28million
Kimi Raikkonen - Finland - Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari - £25million
Daniel Ricciardo - Australia - Red Bull Racing - Renault - £18million
Valtteri Bottas - Finland - Williams Martini Racing - Mercedes - £18million
Felipe Massa - Brazil - Williams Martini Racing - Mercedes - £16million
Daniil Kvyat - Russia - Red Bull Racing - Renault - £15million
Sergio Perez - Mexico - Sahara Force India F1 Team - Mercedes - £11millon
Nico Hulkenberg - Germany - Sahara Force India F1 Team - Mercedes - £10million
Max Verstappen - Netherlands - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Renault - £10million
Romain Grosjean - France - Lotus F1 Team - Mercedes - £8million
Carlos Sainz Jr - Spain - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Renault - £8million
Felipe Nasr - Brazil - Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari - £7million
Fernando Alonso - Spain - McLaren Honda - Honda - £6million
Jenson Button - Great Britain - McLaren Honda - Honda - £6million
Marcus Ericsson - Sweden - Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari - £6million
Pastor Maldonado - Venezuela - Lotus F1 Team - Mercedes - £5million
Will Stevens - Great Britain - Manor F1 Team - Ferrari - £3million
Roberto Merhi - Spain - Manor F1 Team - Ferrari - £3million

Mercedes-Benz - £40million
Ferrari - £28million
Renault - £20million
Honda - £15million

how does look?

Last edited:
keep forgetting to do this, when i'm nowhere near my laptop I remember but when its in my hands, nope :banghead:

Lewis Hamilton - Great Britain - Mercedes-Benz AMG Petronas - Mercedes - £38million
Nico Rosberg - Germany - Mercedes-Benz AMG Petronas - Mercedes - £32million
Sebastian Vettel - Germany - Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari - £28million
Kimi Raikkonen - Finland - Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari - £25million
Daniel Ricciardo - Australia - Red Bull Racing - Renault - £18million
Valtteri Bottas - Finland - Williams Martini Racing - Mercedes - £18million
Felipe Massa - Brazil - Williams Martini Racing - Mercedes - £16million
Daniil Kvyat - Russia - Red Bull Racing - Renault - £15million
Sergio Perez - Mexico - Sahara Force India F1 Team - Mercedes - £11millon
Nico Hulkenberg - Germany - Sahara Force India F1 Team - Mercedes - £10million
Max Verstappen - Netherlands - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Renault - £10million
Romain Grosjean - France - Lotus F1 Team - Mercedes - £8million
Carlos Sainz Jr - Spain - Scuderia Toro Rosso - Renault - £8million
Felipe Nasr - Brazil - Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari - £7million
Fernando Alonso - Spain - McLaren Honda - Honda - £6million
Jenson Button - Great Britain - McLaren Honda - Honda - £6million
Marcus Ericsson - Sweden - Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari - £6million
Will Stevens - Great Britain - Manor F1 Team - Ferrari - £3million
Roberto Merhi - Spain - Manor F1 Team - Ferrari - £3million

Mercedes-Benz - £40million
Ferrari - £28million
Renault - £20million
Honda - £15million

how does look?
2 Maldonado's, and do we have to change our teams now, or after Spain?

@True-blue-8 left GTPlanet as a result of a troll saying some... pretty dark stuff about him personally.

So we need someone else to take over as OP.

Ah, I see it now :(

I'll try to get some results done after Monaco. People wishing to make team changes should do so using @True-blue-8 's revised costings from a few posts ago, changes made before the start of Monaco Quali will be accepted as "in the window".

yFJPTYi.png

Made this, it's a bit easier too read over the plain text post. If there's any figures wrong feel free to correct me.

Thanks for picking this up @TenEightyOne and @Matty.

All I can see is that you mis-spelled Kvyat's name. If you are going to edit that table, maybe stick the constructor prices on the bottom too. Not a big deal though.

Anyway, I'm changing my team to:

Mercedes (£40m)

Raikkonen (£25m)
Kvyat (£15m)

I'm also changing my team to;

Sticking With:
Honda Power Unit (£15m)
Valteri Bottas (£18m)

Receiving Their Marching Orders:
Daniel Ricciardo
Jenson Button (Really hard to do as a Button fan)

Changing In:
Lewis Hamilton (£38m)
Fernando Alonso (£6m)

Total Value: £77m

---

Button lost a challenge against his teammate, in my eyes, I can see Alonso scoring a handful of points this year. Button, not so much unfortunately. Ricciardo is dead weight (cruel, I know, but I can't see him making a mark) in our team and despite being able to score points, bringing in Hamilton (high points scorer) and Alonso and keeping Bottas (mid to high points scorer), were ultimately more important than having Ricciardo scoring average points every round. I tried not to bring someone from the leading teams in, but I need points, so Hamilton is the man for that. Hopefully I don't ruin his Championship by having him on board, like I have for the others. :lol:

I'm keeping my original line-up for now.

Thanks for picking this up @TenEightyOne and @Matty.

No worries... got a gig today and another fairly-full day tomorrow, I hope to have the results sorted by Monday or Tuesday.

For the record I'm happy with my team as it is, Ferrari have served the team very well so far and Raikkonen has woken up for enough races to make a difference :D

I'm changing my team to the following

Mercedes Engine (40mil)

Nico Rosberg (32mil)
Carlos Sainz (8mil)

Working on the Excel that's going to do the hard work for me from here on in... and there's just time for me to make a team change before Quali begins...

I'm dropping Will Stevens, bless him :D

Erhm... that was yesterday...

So it was. That doesn't bode well! It was Eurovision night, my heads a little fuzzy :D

Once I've finished the sheet I'm going to recalc all the points to make sure that it all lines up properly. Here's my understanding of how the scoring works per-race;

Every driver on the player's team accrues the race points + the number of their positions they make up (so 4 points for starting 10th and coming home 6th). They don't lose points for dropping positions (ie starting 6th and finishing 10th). They do not get these points if a team already has a higher-placed driver from the same engine supplier (so if Hamilton wins Rosberg would score no points for the same team).

DNFs yield -5 points regardless of whether or not there's a higher scoring driver in the player's team.

The player's team gets the points for their engine's highest finish. There are no DNF-5s for engines. (Should we add those for DNFs recorded on the timing as 'Engine'?)

Back