2015 Fantasy Formula 1 - Standings in OP

@NW48, any idea how the "Engine Manufacturer" points were calculated?

I thought each engine got the combined points for their finish (or -5 for DNF/DNS) but it doesn't seem to work out like that. I haven't included position-climb points.

Additonally; drivers get points for position increases so starting 10th and finishing 8th would add two points to their total. Do they lose points, e.g. -2 for starting 8th and finishing 10th?

The spreadsheet is made and just needs each race's results adding to generate the tables but I'm not getting the same figures for Australia. Once it produces the same figures as @True-blue-8 I'll be happy that it's on the right track, to coin a phrase :)

Cool! :D

These are the figures I got for Australia compared to True's.

Bottas gets 0 for his DNS in @True-blue-8's figures while Kvyat gets -5 for his (I think the latter is correct). I can't figure that difference?

EDIT: I've done two sets of Engine points, one using the finish positions (inc -5s) and one including the 'cumulative' points for place rises.

AusTest1.PNG

Lewis Hamilton - 35pts
Nico Rosberg - 18
Sebastian Vettel - 16
Felipe Nasr - 16
Nico Hulkenberg - 13
Felipe Massa - 12
Markus Ericcson - 12
Daniel Ricciardo - 9
Sergio Perez - 6
Jenson Button - 6
Carlos Sainz - 2
Valterri Bottas - 0
Kimi Raikkonen - -5
Max Verstappen - -5
Romain Grosjean - -5
Pastor Maldonado - -5
Daniel Kvyat - -5
Kevin Magnusson - -5

Mercedes - 37
Ferrari - 25
Honda - 1
Renault - -1

1. Harsk100 - 78
SVT Cobra GT - 78
3. Tired Tyres - 72
4. jimlaad43 - 67
LewyOs - 67
malc01 - 67
Matty - 67
psychazubi - 67
xflow1390 - 67
10. Barra333 - 61
rono_Thomas - 61
12. DR_ingo - 59
13. Luke - 56
14. True-blue-8 - 53
15. DK - 52
Mikey24 - 52
Spacegoat - 52
Slow_and_Old - 52
19. aarror - 50
TenEightyOne - 50
numbnuts - 50
22. Legro - 48
23. AlvaroF - 36
24. swiftsmith - 35
25. NW48 - 15

Will put them into tables later on, just getting an idea of points up 👍​

Last edited:
Afternoon guys

Yes i'm very sorry as NW48 said I've basically come under a lot of crap here including death threats and the entire site is just so corrupt, I used to enjoy logging on every morning to chat to friends but the place is just incredibly hostile and I had to leave, I don't particularly wish to return but NW let me know the confusion. I know I shouldn't have just went but I expect you can imagine how I've been feeling.

This is how i scored the engine manufactures:

The top driver per manufacture per race so e.g Monaco yesterday Mercedes - Rosberg and Ferrari - Vettel, those points will go to the manufacture. However any DNF's at will also count towards their score. Hope this makes sense?

Nice to see this carrying on. If people want me to continue i'd be happy to do it for you, but i'm just trying to remain calm.

- Jimi

Here's what True had to say after I asled him word for word what you asked;
"Hey mate it was the highest scoring driver per manufacture, however any DNF's were taken into account too"

He also says he might drop in to sort out what needs to be sorted out.

The top driver per manufacture per race so e.g Monaco yesterday Mercedes - Rosberg and Ferrari - Vettel, those points will go to the manufacture. However any DNF's at will also count towards their score. Hope this makes sense?

That makes sense now :D

To clarify further; DNS is the same as DNF, I imagine? If you look at my previous example for Australia I'm unclear about why Kvyat and Bottas scored differently for their DNSs there?

I don't mind carrying on with it, I've written the sheet now so all it needs is the results adding for each race and it'll do the rest itself.

EDIT: Nope, still confused. In Australia Mercedes finished first with 25pts but had 3 -5s (Maldo, Gsjn, Bottas), that gives them 10 Engine Manufacturer points, no?

Even if we say they got 35 pts (that includes the 10 for pole) that still gives them only 20 compared to the 37 in this post.

Last edited:
That makes sense now :D

To clarify further; DNS is the same as DNF, I imagine? If you look at my previous example for Australia I'm unclear about why Kvyat and Bottas scored differently for their DNSs there?

I don't mind carrying on with it, I've written the sheet now so all it needs is the results adding for each race and it'll do the rest itself.

EDIT: Nope, still confused. In Australia Mercedes finished first with 25pts but had 3 -5s (Maldo, Gsjn, Bottas), that gives them 10 Engine Manufacturer points, no?

Even if we say they got 35 pts (that includes the 10 for pole) that still gives them only 20 compared to the 37 in this post.
Ah I didn't classify them as a DNF as they didn't actually start the Grand Prix. I was unsure what to do about them, if you want to count them as DNF that's fine :)

Ah I didn't classify them as a DNF as they didn't actually start the Grand Prix. I was unsure what to do about them, if you want to count them as DNF that's fine :)

So Bottas and Kvyat both started the Australian GP and both DNFed, but Bottas gets 0 and Kvyat gets -5... how do I work that out?

Bottas wasn't allowed to start on account of his back but kvyat suffered gearbox failure just before the race?...

Good spot :D

Still, no driver replaced Bottas so I think that's still a -5? If a car wasn't allowed to race because of other issues (including other problems with the driver) I think that'd still be a -5?

Here are the provisional scores up-to-and-including Spain, I've given each Engine Score a +10 where the engine scored pole... is that correct?

ProvFantasyScores.PNG

Good spot :D

Still, no driver replaced Bottas so I think that's still a -5? If a car wasn't allowed to race because of other issues (including other problems with the driver) I think that'd still be a -5?

Here are the provisional scores up-to-and-including Spain, I've given each Engine Score a +10 where the engine scored pole... is that correct?

View attachment 373623
Magnusson was meant to but he had an engine failure on the way to the grid.

Pole yeah you can do it that way, I just had to give full points to lewis lol

Looks good mate :)

Pole yeah you can do it that way...

Looking at it again... giving the ten for the engine too kind of doubles/distorts the pole points.

I was top before yesterday!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Still hammering the corners off it :D

How the sheet works:

Each driver gets their race finish points plus a point for each place improvement from their starting position.

- Example; Rosberg starts fourth and finishes second. He scores 18 points + 2 points for his place improvement

Only the highest finishing driver per engine manufacturer on each player's team scores for that team

- Example; A player has chosen both Hamilton and Rosberg. Hamilton wins and Rosberg is second... so the player only gets Hamilton's points

The pole-position driver gets an additional ten points.

- Example; A player has chosen Hamilton. Hamilton's overall race points automatically have 10 added... so the player gets a score of +10 for Hamilton.

DNF or DNS is -5, this is counted whatever.

- Example; A player has chosen Hamilton and Maldonado; Hamilton wins but Maldonado DNFs. Despite sharing a Mercedes powerplant the player still gets -5 for Maldonado's massively-destructive DNF

Each player-team has chosen an engine supplier and they get the highest-finish points for that team.

- Example; a player has chosen Ferrari as the engine supplier. Raikkonen comes fourth but Vettel comes third and is the highest-placed Ferrari. The Ferrari Engine Points are 15, all player-teams powered by Ferrari therefore gain 15 points.

@True-blue-8 , does that look okay to you? If so I'll carry on and make the Monaco team changes then post the updated scores.

Looking at it again... giving the ten for the engine too kind of doubles/distorts the pole points.

Still hammering the corners off it :D

How the sheet works:

Each driver gets their race finish points plus a point for each place improvement from their starting position.

- Example; Rosberg starts fourth and finishes second. He scores 18 points + 2 points for his place improvement

Only the highest finishing driver per engine manufacturer on each player's team scores for that team

- Example; A player has chosen both Hamilton and Rosberg. Hamilton wins and Rosberg is second... so the player only gets Hamilton's points

The pole-position driver gets an additional ten points.

- Example; A player has chosen Hamilton. Hamilton's overall race points automatically have 10 added... so the player gets a score of +10 for Hamilton.

DNF or DNS is -5, this is counted whatever.

- Example; A player has chosen Hamilton and Maldonado; Hamilton wins but Maldonado DNFs. Despite sharing a Mercedes powerplant the player still gets -5 for Maldonado's massively-destructive DNF

Each player-team has chosen an engine supplier and they get the highest-finish points for that team.

- Example; a player has chosen Ferrari as the engine supplier. Raikkonen comes fourth but Vettel comes third and is the highest-placed Ferrari. The Ferrari Engine Points are 15, all player-teams powered by Ferrari therefore gain 15 points.

@True-blue-8 , does that look okay to you? If so I'll carry on and make the Monaco team changes then post the updated scores.
Yep that sounds right mate top job :cheers:

If you need a hand with anything chuck me an email, i'll send you it now :) 👍

Will do ;)

I've got the Phase B team changes in now; this is the state of the entries. I'll get the post-Monaco results up a little later tonight :D

Phase B Costings.PNG

Well, my awesome luck keeps going. Hire Hamilton and Alonso and both have shockers, with Alonso not even finishing. Bottas, well he was eliminated in Q1! Button and Ricciardo got their best results of the season after I dropped them. :lol:

I think that's all the adjustments up-to-date. @Harsk100, I didn't include the driver change you made as it seemed way over-budget (you posted it before @True-blue-8 revised the prices for Round 6).

@NW48, threaten your drivers with sacking, it's all you can do. Tactically you might think about changing power plant... even if Honda start winning races you're unlikely to claw a difference back by then :D

EDIT: Correction made, @MUSC4EVER scored half-points for round 1.

EDIT 2: Some Engine Points were mis-calced or plain ol' missing. Corrections made ;)

Round6.PNG

Last edited:
I think that's all the adjustments up-to-date. @Harsk100, I didn't include the driver change you made as it seemed way over-budget (you posted it before @True-blue-8 revised the prices for Round 6).

@NW48, threaten your drivers with sacking, it's all you can do. Tactically you might think about changing power plant... even if Honda start winning races you're unlikely to claw a difference back by then :D

EDIT: Correction made, @MUSC4EVER scored half-points for round 1.

View attachment 374049
Didn't had any kind of idea that the prices were revised, so I had changed my drivers. :(

A month ago
I'll make an driver change:

GTP ID: Harsk100
TEAM NAME: Harsk World Motorsports
Driver 1: Lewis Hamilton £38
Driver 2: Nico Roseberg
Driver 3: Sebastian Vettel
ENGINE: Mercedes £35

Nice. But um, wouldn't it be best to wait until after the new prices are up? :lol:

Sorry... But when we arrived at Round 5, I just couldn't waste a chance to change drivers.
-----
Today
Didn't had any kind of idea that the prices were revised, so I had changed my drivers. :(
You were told that the prices were changing. Besides, your revised selections were worth about 50% too much even using the prices from the start of the season.

Sorry... I don't think the change seems do-able, it's over-budget and I had to close the change window at the beginning of Monaco quali :(

Latest Posts

Back