2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
It just goes to show you what Porsche's engineering can do... And how Continental Tires are great for sliding places

I just left the track, the roads were beginning to flood and the track was horrible. I'm glad that they cut it short because the rain was going to get worse, and with it being dark...That would have been a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately for me, I was unable to get a long exposure picture! Oh well, always next year!

How great is it that a GT car won overall? I was hoping it'd be one of the Corvettes or maybe one of the BMWs, but a GT is a GT, and one of the most storied GT cars has given GT another victory over a prototype.

And one last thing....HA CONTINENTAL YOUR TIRES SUCK! xD

Now that is over with on to 2016. The P class will be in a year of testing new engines for '17 and teams running out the clock on old cars.

AXR/Whelen already confirmed it's driver lineup and unless they switch the Corvette to a Cadillac engine they will probably run '16 unchanged.

WTR will run the Corvette DP again.

SOD will announce their plans on Monday, my guess is they are buying a Oreca 05 P2

Shank confirmed on FS2 that Honda will have a new motor next year, most likely the HR35TT that was tested in the DP and has raced all year in the PWC Acura TLX.

Mazda will run a new version if it's 4cyl turbo petrol next year but I wonder how much time they will spend on the Lola B08/80 chassis with the new Riley/Multimatic P2 in development.

Delta Wing turns into a GT and goes away?

Ganassi Ford DP will likely end up in a warehouse unless a customer with lots of $$ wants to rent it.

PC cars will get a 30-50 HP bump,traction control,and some aero tweaks until the a new car arrives in 2017. EDIT-New PC car wont arrive until 2018.

So 3 DP's, 3-4 P2's and the Visit Florida so far ???

EDIT- I missed this story about PR1/Mathiasen looking to move up from PC. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/pr1mathiasen-targeting-p2-program-in-2016/

Last edited:
Earlier this year SOD seemed to make it almost a given they'd purchase a new Oreca 05, so 3 DP's and 4 P2's will be quite the matchup. Deltawing may be another car in the GTLM field, if it really is, it's going to spend most of its time last in class or in the garage.

Looking forward to seeing what the Mazda's are actually capable of with a proper racing engine instead of that joke diesel engine.

Most excited for the new GTE regs/Ford coming back for GTLM, and most of all for GTD finally going stock FIA GT3. :D

Both, surely now a LMP3 car will cost more then a GT3, and probably not far off a P2, its just unnecessary traffic now,
I wish they'd just rid of the class, those PC teams might be at least halfway competent back markers in GT3's...though I'd recommend they all buy Ferrari's to look the part. :sly:

I wish they'd just rid of the class, those PC teams might be at least halfway competent back markers in GT3's...though I'd recommend they all buy Ferrari's to look the part. :sly:

"BA DUM TISS!" Hahaha, with GTE getting a BHP injection, they will be in each others way,

Used GT3 cars cost more than a new LMP3 but the team owners who would have bought a LMP3 car rejected the car because it was underdeveloped junk and none of their customers wanted to drive it.

GTD champs Bell/Sweedler leave Ferrari to join Lamborghini. http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/1223...s-expected-to-join-o-gara-lamborghini-program
Honestly though a GT3 with TCS and ABS would last longer with Am drivers than a LMPC or LMP3.

Figures, they drive too cleanly to be in a Fezza. :sly:

Ford GT at Daytona! :D
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/122375-imsa-ford-gt-turns-first-laps-at-daytona#!RD_Day_Ford_test002

RD_Day_Ford_test002-8296-640-360-80-c.jpg

Last edited:
More like blocked than forgot.;) Really that list is the confirmed car count.
Praise the lord because that Deltawing went from "Well at least it's crazy" to "Somebody get the lighter fluid". :crazy:

Back in August they said the plan was to run the 488 at Daytona and they need to be on the track for the big November test so Imsa can see how the BoP will work. http://sportscar365.com/lemans/lemans24/risi-planning-ferrari-488-gtlm-effort-in-2016/
They should make it for the BoP test. Ferrari wouldn't let their sole American effort run old equipment. So the only non-turbo cars in GTLM will be the Corvette and Porsche (and Aston Martin for the first two races...hopefully the entire NAEC). Corvette, all the NA V8 lovers in the world have all their hopes on you now in the WTUSCC. ·_·7

And from what I heard the BoP test did not go entirely to plan... (there was one recently).

I would imagine that AF Corse will not pass up a chance to run a live 24hr test race at Daytona to prepare for the WEC and will enter 1-2 488's.
No doubt about it. For Ferrari Daytona is a key test. Sebring too. They'll be wanting to run the cars in anger at those two tracks to see how the car is holding up. If a car can run faily reliably at Daytona and Sebring, it should be good for the WEC and Le Mans.

Back