2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I still cant see why the PC category cant be second hand Dp's, perhaps get a manufacture backing and make the bodywork to conform with that, I couldn't imagine this being to difficult and I wouldn't think it to be pricey, specially if you get the right manufacturer, Hyundai 4 cyl turbo's putting out around 500bhp???

I still cant see why the PC category cant be second hand Dp's, perhaps get a manufacture backing and make the bodywork to conform with that, I couldn't imagine this being to difficult and I wouldn't think it to be pricey, specially if you get the right manufacturer, Hyundai 4 cyl turbo's putting out around 500bhp???
It'd be even better if we opened up more GTD slots and cut PC. :P But you're right, honestly a 2013 Grand-Am spec DP would be a good filler for PC instead, maybe.

But...I'm sorry what? :lol: How'd we get 500hp 4 cylinders into this? :lol:

Last edited:

Screen-Shot-2013-11-28-at-10.47.37.png

Get a cheap chassis and spend the money on constant engine rebuilds instead, brilliant.

Bonus points for being topical.

From MP on MWM, no Caddy's for Stevenson in GTD, a Mercedes will likely be at Daytona test for tire kicking purposes, Walker Racing is in limbo and has lost it's race engineer to RLL, and Ford drivers were driving at Sebring and might be named sometime soon.

From MP on MWM, no Caddy's for Stevenson in GTD, a Mercedes will likely be at Daytona test for tire kicking purposes, Walker Racing is in limbo and has lost it's race engineer to RLL, and Ford drivers were driving at Sebring and might be named sometime soon.

1. Pity there are no Stevenson Caddy's!
2. Anyone else got some Photoshop lying around for this thing?

At least it sounds like Daytona is getting some interest from international P2 teams. Hopefully they make the leap.

I have a feeling there would be even more interest if they opened up the tire rules, even if it's just for the NAEC events.

No Caddys for Stevenson...so, is anyone using one next year? Or will there just be the two in PWC.

Like I said before, GM makes my head hurt. It's a shame the Caddy sucked, it would have been cool to see on the grid agaist the Fords.

No Caddys for Stevenson...so, is anyone using one next year? Or will there just be the two in PWC.

Like I said before, GM makes my head hurt. It's a shame the Caddy sucked, it would have been cool to see on the grid agaist the Fords.
The car had 4 wins in PWC so I wouldnt say it sucked. The Ford is a GTLM, the Cadillac is a GT3 car that would only run in the GTD class.

My guess for Cadillac is they run a factory car(s) at Daytona as a test for the SRO Intercontinental GT challenge 6hr race at COTA in early March that will run with the PWC.

The car had 4 wins in PWC so I wouldnt say it sucked. The Ford is a GTLM, the Cadillac is a GT3 car that would only run in the GTD class.

My guess for Cadillac is they run a factory car(s) at Daytona as a test for the SRO Intercontinental GT challenge 6hr race at COTA in early March that will run with the PWC.
I doubt that. I'm guessing the endurance test didn't go well. Also I know P&M is big, but I think with Ford back GM wants them to focus on getting the GTE Corvette to peak performance. The Caddy GT3 is probably going to spend another year in PWC.

We are more likely to Mercedes as they did have a few teams interested in running it.

I didn't mean they sucked outright. I meant more that they just werent good enough to warrant a purchase from Stevenson.

Also I thought there was a GT3 version of the Ford too, but I must be mistaken.

I didn't mean they sucked outright. I meant more that they just werent good enough to warrant a purchase from Stevenson.

Also I thought there was a GT3 version of the Ford too, but I must be mistaken.
Nope and they don't plan on it. No Mustang GT3 either.

Stevenson was the only team in North America and probably the world to show interest in the Caddy...anybody know the cost of this thing?

GM to date has shown no interest in selling a GT3 car to any customers.

What test,when?
No kidding. Somebody should buy a Reiter Camaro for the WSCC for ****s and giggles.

In the article on Racer last month, P&M was scheduling an endurance test at Sebring (this month IIRC, could be wrong, college has got me scattered completely so I apologize if I made an error here) and Stevenson was going to make their decision on purchasing the car after seeing how it did. My theory is that the test didn't go well. That, or Stevenson decided that it'd be better to stick to CTSCC GS because money.

They made a point they plan on having a WSCC effort in the near future though.

I believe GM buffoonery is the reason Stevenson is out of the picture more than P&M building a car that cant survive a Sebring test. I still expect the car to race at Daytona though with Johnny O and Pilgrim.

edit:

Ugh, my phone is going nuts right now, sorry!

What I orriginally said was,

If I understand this whole GM thing correct, they have a Cadillac GT3 car which no one in NA wants, and no one in Europe will buy because of lack of support? And at the same time, won't build/sell a Corvette GT3 which people have expressed interest in??

edit:

If I understand this whole GM thing correct, they have a Cadillac GT3 car which no one in NA wants, and no one in Europe will buy because of lack of support? And at the same time, won't build/sell a Corvette GT3 which people have expressed interest in??
I feel for ya on the phone...mine's starting to go just as bad. :lol:

GM is stupid...they should be getting behind the Reiter (uh...I forget what the new name is lol) Camaro. Who wouldn't want a $200,000 GT3 car?! I'm surprised none are here in America, it's cheap! That and help Callaway sell the GT3R here. But I mean we're always talking about costs, and there's a $200,000 FIA spec GT3 available.

edit:

No, they have a GT3 car that for the near future will only run as a factory backed effort and is not for sale.

I feel for ya on the phone...mine's starting to go just as bad. :lol:

GM is stupid...they should be getting behind the Reiter (uh...I forget what the new name is lol) Camaro. Who wouldn't want a $200,000 GT3 car?! I'm surprised none are here in America, it's cheap! That and help Callaway sell the GT3R here. But I mean we're always talking about costs, and there's a $200,000 FIA spec GT3 available.

The Reiter SaReNi Camaro?

Also, the only reason GM even has a factory GT3 Cadillac is because they've come to the realization that their old CTS.VR wasn't going to cut it against the full spec GT3 cars for much longer in PWC and that's it.

The Reiter SaReNi Camaro?

Also, the only reason GM even has a factory GT3 Cadillac is because they've come to the realization that their old CTS.VR wasn't going to cut it against the full spec GT3 cars for much longer in PWC and that's it.
Yes that. God I'd love to have one of those. It also has the good old-fashioned sequential gearbox (gear lever and not paddles) like the Ginetta IIRC. :drool:

And yeah that's pretty much why GM had P&M make it. It's also why HPD are converting the Acura to RWD I presume. That and the possibility of a NSX GT3 is likely, and they'll use the Acura to develop the drivetrain. Kinda like what Ford did with having the V6T in the Ganassi Riley (and briefly the MSR Riley) for two years.

Back