2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
Yes that. God I'd love to have one of those. It also has the good old-fashioned sequential gearbox (gear lever and not paddles) like the Ginetta IIRC. :drool:

And yeah that's pretty much why GM had P&M make it. It's also why HPD are converting the Acura to RWD I presume. That and the possibility of a NSX GT3 is likely, and they'll use the Acura to develop the drivetrain. Kinda like what Ford did with having the V6T in the Ganassi Riley (and briefly the MSR Riley) for two years.
NSX GT3?? Don't tease me :drool:

Overall (for both cars), dat sound though. Corvette is in full beast mode while that ATS.VR, despite the V6, has some of the most diabolical downshifts and some deafening bass.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what exactly might have caused the Stevenson team to say thanks, but no thanks, to the Caddy? And are they just sticking with the Z28 in CTSSC?

Dang. I'll admit- that Corvette C7 is pretty sexy. It's cool to even see the Corvette-powered(?) Cadillac CTS-V in action in these passes. As far as top-level sportscar racing goes, I'd love to see Cadillac return with something like the Northstar LMPs of the early and mid 2000s. That was a pretty good car, especially the first Northstar LMP. These days are all about good GT and GT3 cars, though.

Dang. I'll admit- that Corvette C7 is pretty sexy. It's cool to even see the Corvette-powered(?) Cadillac CTS-V in action in these passes. As far as top-level sportscar racing goes, I'd love to see Cadillac return with something like the Northstar LMPs of the early and mid 2000s. That was a pretty good car, especially the first Northstar LMP. These days are all about good GT and GT3 cars, though.

Actually friend, the CTS-VR has been retired. That is the V6 powered ATS.VR you're looking at now.

Oh, yeah... that's right. I like the ATS, so I think it will be great to see the ATS take on the GT ranks.

Funny enough, I saw the ATS.VR in the latest edition of Road and Track Magazine. Its sound is vicious for a V6 after seeing that Sebring video earlier today. Almost as if it's going to eat you for lunch. Got to wonder what kind of damage Cadillac will do with this car.

Lap times not competative or something?
Or something is the best answer. My best guess is the the Cadillac marketing budget for racing is limited to one series and for now that is PWC. Committing to Imsa as a car brand requires a large check being sent to Imsa. The Viper and Aston Martin were not included in the GTD manufacturer standings because they didnt write the check.

News/not really news in GTLM: 👍
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/2016-imsa-silly-season-update-gt-le-mans/

To sum it up, 9 cars are confirmed for the GTLM class with the usual suspects (P&M/Corvette-2, Ganassi/Ford-2, CORE/Porsche-2, RLL/BMW-2, Risi/Ferrari-1). Scuderia Corsa is evaluating a move up to GTLM, Walker's team is still in limbo (probably not going to end well though...let's hope they can find a deal at the last minute), AMR will most likely be at Daytona to test the new car (and at Sebring as well), and AF Corse will be bringing a GTLM car most likely as well. So at Daytona, probably 10-12 cars in the class. For the season we're looking at 9-10 cars, possibly 11.

It'd be nice if Scuderia Corsa moved up, another car in GTLM would be cool. But then again they're the only Ferrari in GTD...however they're a Ferrari...so either way it's going to be crashing at some point. :sly:

I think they'll be there since its the final year before the new specs kick in.

No DeltaThing? Or where they not targeting 2016?
Nope, Deltawing is supposedly thinking of 2017. We're safe for a year before the small ugly thing returns. :scared:

I think they'll be there since its the final year before the new specs kick in.
Actually they may not even enter the Prototype class at this point. They aren't confirmed to be entering the class for next year and if they are indeed thinking of a GTE/GTLM car, then they'll probably take a year off to do development. Or not. Another issue is Rojas possibly departing the team and taking his sponsor with him.

Actually they may not even enter the Prototype class at this point. They aren't confirmed to be entering the class for next year and if they are indeed thinking of a GTE/GTLM car, then they'll probably take a year off to do development. Or not. Another issue is Rojas possibly departing the team and taking his sponsor with him.

Now that you mention it, I just remembered that he is supposedly linked with MSR for next year in a second car (so the rumors say anyway).

Now that you mention it, I just remembered that he is supposedly linked with MSR for next year in a second car (so the rumors say anyway).
Would make sense. If I was him I'd be looking for a team whose actual goal is winning and not so much development of a weird car.

Turner were scheduled to begin a test at Sebring today with the new M6 so lets hope that some video gets posted in a day or two.

GTD update. 8 cars and lots of TBA's http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/2016-imsa-silly-season-update-gt-daytona/

3-4 Lambos
3- 911's
1- BMW M6
and a bunch of ???

PC with 5-7 cars. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/2016-imsa-silly-season-update-prototype-challenge/

So the field full field looks like
P-7-9
GTLM-9
GTD-7-8
PC-5-7

28-33 full time cars for 2016 and another dozen TBA's.
IMSA ALLOW ASTON MARTIN IN OR YOU'RE A BUNCH OF STUPID *************!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :mad: :ouch: :grumpy: :mad: WHAT ARE YOU A STUPID MIDDLE SCHOOL CLUB?!

Last edited:
IMSA ALLOW ASTON MARTIN IN OR YOU'RE A BUNCH OF STUPID *************!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: :mad: :ouch: :grumpy: :mad: WHAT ARE YOU A STUPID MIDDLE SCHOOL CLUB?!
Clam down and step away from the ledge, the official partner thing is still undecided.Based on that initial list of GTD cars there will be plenty of room in the pits for a few extra cars.

Clam down and step away from the ledge, the official partner thing is still undecided.Based on that initial list of GTD cars there will be plenty of room in the pits for a few extra cars.

Judging by your "loose" figures, there seems to be enough room for another 3 championship series in pit lane, 30 odd cars spread across 4 categories is going to be fairly lifeless next year,

Judging by your "loose" figures, there seems to be enough room for another 3 championship series in pit lane, 30 odd cars spread across 4 categories is going to be fairly lifeless next year,
NAEC fields will be bigger and dont forget 2016 is a transitional year so the fields will be smaller until everybody figures out what package to run in '16 and '17. On that note.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/123092-imsa-action-express-keeping-17-options-open

Cadillac/Dallara DPi rumor grows.

GTLM and to a lesser, indirect extent P are the more critical classes because that's where the factory money is most noticable. If those counts were terrible, the series would be in trouble. Those counts look pretty solid in those classes, so the season should at least start okay. If a couple teams in either of those classes withdrew later, IMSA might have a serious issue.

NAEC fields will be bigger and dont forget 2016 is a transitional year so the fields will be smaller until everybody figures out what package to run in '16 and '17. On that note.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/123092-imsa-action-express-keeping-17-options-open

Cadillac/Dallara DPi rumor grows.

I guess we wont really see how fruitful these new ventures are until 2019-2020, I'm loving the bodywork idea for prototypes, once things get settled in we should see some new teams or teams return,

Back