2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I'm not sure how it's IMSA's fault that Audi and Ferrari can't develop a car teams want to buy. I've only heard of one non-Audi affiliated team switching to the new R8 and haven't read anything about the Ferrari other than it being slow at the BoP test.
Still there is less diversity in GTD than there was last year. It's disappointing as **** to look at.

I get Audi's position since they paid the money and expect everybody else to do the same but if I am a team owner who bought a GT3 car and have my own drivers who are not paid by a factory I would be pissed. At this point they might as well make GTD a factory class too and allow all-pro lineups.

Meet the new head of Imsa marketing.
sorvino_goodfellas.jpg

Got a GT3 car you want to race, FU pay me. Want to race for the GTD manufacturers cup, FU pay me.

While your at it here is a straw to attach to your air intake and some lead to throw in the trunk-and we might make you buy a new rear wing too-FU pay me. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/imsa-set-to-control-gtd-performance/

I get Audi's position since they paid the money and expect everybody else to do the same but if I am a team owner who bought a GT3 car and have my own drivers who are not paid by a factory I would be pissed. At this point they might as well make GTD a factory class too and allow all-pro lineups.

Meet the new head of Imsa marketing.
sorvino_goodfellas.jpg

Got a GT3 car you want to race, FU pay me. Want to race for the GTD manufacturers cup, FU pay me.

While your at it here is a straw to attach to your air intake and some lead to throw in the trunk-and we might make you buy a new rear wing too-FU pay me. http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/imsa-set-to-control-gtd-performance/
This is stupid...no beyond stupid. Why can't they just use FIA BoP?! Blancpain is perfectly fine, and I can't believe this garbage...they're shooting themselves in the foot continuously. Can we please junk IMSA, the WSCC, and just start over again? Where's the SCCA when you need them, this is becoming the biggest joke of a racing category I've ever heard of. It's like IMSA is trying to actually single handedly destroy their series! Might as well require everybody to drive a spec car.

This is stupid...no beyond stupid. Why can't they just use FIA BoP?! Blancpain is perfectly fine, and I can't believe this garbage...they're shooting themselves in the foot continuously. Can we please junk IMSA, the WSCC, and just start over again? Where's the SCCA when you need them, this is becoming the biggest joke of a racing category I've ever heard of. It's like IMSA is trying to actually single handedly destroy their series! Might as well require everybody to drive a spec car.
I'm not sure that I want the SCCA either given that quite a few of the rounds in the PWC had terrible race control at best...

A tad off the current topic, but I just learned that someone who raced where I used to race raced for Flying Lizard at Petit Le Mans. Pretty cool. 👍

Nice! 👍

Did they change GTD's color to green? That'd be IMSA's first smart decision if they have indeed updated the color system.
Glad to see a different colour for each class, but they've got it wrong. GTD should be orange, with GTLM returning to green like in ALMS.

Glad to see a different colour for each class, but they've got it wrong. GTD should be orange, with GTLM returning to green like in ALMS.
Sadly it's apparently just a change for PC and GTD from blue to green. IMSA you dolts. :banghead:

Didn't see that one coming. :odd:

Incoming, Audi #2! Magnus Racing going to a new R8.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/123291-imsa-magnus-racing-set-for-audi-switch

Updated GTD roster (bold=confirmed 100% in):

Audi, 2
Porsche, 3
Lamborghini, 3
BMW, 1
Viper, 1 (2 for the NAEC)
Mercedes, 1-??? (Barring delays, Daytona is questionable, Sebring and beyond confirmed)
Lexus, 0 (coming 2017, some 2016 races possibly with 1 car)
Aston Martin, 0 (TRG-AMR focusing on PWC)
Ferrari, 0
Mclaren, 0
Cadillac, 0

Total: 11-12 cars, 6 manufactures

Last edited:
Didn't see that one coming. :odd:

Incoming, Audi #2! Magnus Racing going to a new R8.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/123291-imsa-magnus-racing-set-for-audi-switch

Updated GTD roster (bold=confirmed 100% in):

Audi, 2
Porsche, 3
Lamborghini, 3
BMW, 1
Viper, 1 (2 for the NAEC)
Mercedes, 1-??? (Barring delays, Daytona is questionable, Sebring and beyond confirmed)
Lexus, 0 (coming 2017, some 2016 races possibly with 1 car)
Aston Martin, 0 (TRG-AMR focusing on PWC)
Ferrari, 0
Mclaren, 0
Cadillac, 0

Total: 11-12 cars, 6 manufactures
Cristina Nielsen is rumored to be going to Scuderia Corsa so that will be atleast 1 Ferrari-question is a 458 or 488. Will the new 488 be available in 2 weeks from now for the test?

Cristina Nielsen is rumored to be going to Scuderia Corsa so that will be atleast 1 Ferrari-question is a 458 or 488. Will the new 488 be available in 2 weeks from now for the test?
Ferrari should be able to get them one, at least, there haven't been any articles about an issue with production. Though isn't Scuderia Corsa rumored to be entering GTLM?

To explain Mercedes better to others who don't know possibly: Mercedes want and plan on entering the Rolex 24 @ Daytona and the 2016 WSCC season. However, with an influx of orders for the new AMG GT GT3 and a priority on the orders for the customers entering the 24 Hours of Dubai, Mercedes is worried that it may not be able to make a car in time for Daytona. The plan they have is to enter a factory car at Daytona and customer team's will arrive in the WSCC by Sebring when their car's are produced. The rumor is about 1-2 customer team's. Mercedes could possibly enter their own car for the entire season as well. So 1-3 Merc's are possible (thank God...we need a NA V8 in GTD).

Scuderia Corsa – The Giacomo Mattioli-owned squad could make the move up to the GT Le Mans class next year, although at least a partial-season program in GTD is a near certainty. Delays in the new GT3-spec version of the Ferrari 488 will likely see the team start the season with its tried-and-trusted 458. (1-2 cars)

Maybe both.

Silly Cindric, People love'em a good story (no matter how true it is).

Back