2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I hope to God that P&M revive the 2009 GT1 livery or something. I miss that livery, it'd make the C7.R look twice as good. I'm Corvette fan, but I find the solid yellow livery kinda boring. If that Pennzoil livery did happen on the M6 GTLM's, they'd defiantly need to make the change.

When are we going to see the Panzer GTLM...:sly:...I mean M6 GTLM anyway? :P
This is the livery that really needs a reboot. Fun fact, this is the exact car that is in the Gran Turismo series.
diecast-chevrolet-corvette-c5-r-24h-le-mans-2000-minichamps.jpg

This is the livery that really needs a reboot. Fun fact, this is the exact car that is in the Gran Turismo series.
diecast-chevrolet-corvette-c5-r-24h-le-mans-2000-minichamps.jpg

Finally! A picture where I can read the names over the door!

Hate how the livery was so blurry in the GT games, since it was a standard car. I've been trying to find the names since GT5. Google image searches proved to be...inconclusive.

Finally! A picture where I can read the names over the door!

Hate how the livery was so blurry in the GT games, since it was a standard car. I've been trying to find the names since GT5. Google image searches proved to be...inconclusive.

That (and the epic-as-balls livery) is why I've been after the diecast that you see here for a long time. That and I'm a huge collector. In fact I could go for a C7.R diecast right now.
But with Pennzoil instead of GM goodwrench!

Sowwy but GM's with Mobil 1. So that's whom you'd be seeing then. And they totally should bring this one back. Anniversary special maybe?

ps. If someone can get me a C7.R picture at a similar angle, I can render up the old livery on the new car

That (and the epic-as-balls livery) is why I've been after the diecast that you see here for a long time. That and I'm a huge collector. In fact I could go for a C7.R diecast right now.

Sowwy but GM's with Mobil 1. So that's whom you'd be seeing then. And they totally should bring this one back. Anniversary special maybe?

ps. If someone can get me a C7.R picture at a similar angle, I can render up the old livery on the new car

We have seen Chevy's with Pennzoil sponsorship with Panther Racing in IndyCar and Dale Earnhardt Inc on the #1, but how much factory support those teams had direct from Chevrolet I dont know,

Dude, we must be like...long lost brothers or something. I've been thinking about picking up a C7.R diecast since it debuted in 2013. It's such an amazing, and sounding, car. That, and I may be slightly biased as they're the only factory (I think) based U.S. team, so 'Murica.

Might be a nice collection addition with the C7.R and a diecast of the new GT.

(Sorry for diecast discussion in IRL thread.)

Dude, we must be like...long lost brothers or something. I've been thinking about picking up a C7.R diecast since it debuted in 2013. It's such an amazing, and sounding, car. That, and I may be slightly biased as they're the only factory (I think) based U.S. team, so 'Murica.

Might be a nice collection addition with the C7.R and a diecast of the new GT.

(Sorry for diecast discussion in IRL thread.)
Yay kindred spirits! Indeed. What I'm now thinking of is who makes the C7 diecast that is in a pic above this. What would actually be cool is if there was a "blank slate" diecast that one could modify to have the livery of the #64

EDIT: Quickie of the 2000 livery on the C7.R
2014-01-automotive-roles-24-daytona-10-porsche-corvette-c7r-3-and-ferarri-458-556_zpswaqnxqwg.jpg
[URL=http://s1132.photobucket.com/user/AMPMROCKETFANN/media/2014-01-automotive-roles-24-daytona-10-porsche-corvette-c7r-3-and-ferarri-458-556_zpswaqnxqwg.jpg.html][/URL]

Last edited:
This is a surprise pairing. http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/123423-imsa-dalziel-and-goossens-join-visit-florida-com-racing

"While it is a big change for us to have an all-new driver lineup, we are keeping nearly everything the same on this side of the wall so that kind of consistency will help us as a team from a performance point of view," added Flis. "We are very happy about our relationship with Chevrolet and everyone at Pratt and Miller. We are already well into our 2016 program and looking forward to even more strength together with GM. I'm really happy to have that foundation in place already so that we can really focus on what is ahead for us starting at the November test."

Interesting 💡

Also GT3 http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/123427-imsa-series-clarifies-gt3-performance-targets

Last edited:
Technically, the Goosens-Dalziel pairing isn't that much of a surprise pairing:

"They've worked together before, are very fast, and I think will help us take this program further and into the future as we look ahead. I'm proud of what we accomplished last season, but we have our sights set on being stronger next year."

They must pay good for him to promise that.

When you think about it, Scott was more involved with the manufacturer when it was Lexus supplying powerplants then when BMW or Ford did. He was actually their ambassador at the time.

When you think about it, Scott was more involved with the manufacturer when it was Lexus supplying powerplants then when BMW or Ford did. He was actually their ambassador at the time.

With BMW there wasn't really anything for him or anyone else to do, BMW gave some support to Dinan, and for the most part it was all Dinan and his group and not a true BMW manufacturing effort like we saw with Lexus or Ford. They slapped their name on the engines and gave sponsoring to CGR. Ford on the other hand...it's always confused me with that since it never really seems they have a connection with CGR, until now and perhaps that's why he didn't do much with them.

Either way my point is it wasn't as if he was shown the door, if anything he among any of the CGR drivers in Sports car racing has a secure seat. So him leaving strikes me strange which is why I commented about perhaps money is what caused him to make such a promise, can't be the speed of the cars cause it lacks.

With BMW there wasn't really anything for him or anyone else to do, BMW gave some support to Dinan, and for the most part it was all Dinan and his group and not a true BMW manufacturing effort like we saw with Lexus or Ford. They slapped their name on the engines and gave sponsoring to CGR. Ford on the other hand...it's always confused me with that since it never really seems they have a connection with CGR, until now and perhaps that's why he didn't do much with them.

True about the BMW, which is why its strange that they started slapping official logos on the car as if they were supplying the motors when they weren't.

Either way my point is it wasn't as if he was shown the door, if anything he among any of the CGR drivers in Sports car racing has a secure seat. So him leaving strikes me strange which is why I commented about perhaps money is what caused him to make such a promise, can't be the speed of the cars cause it lacks.

I wasn't saying he was shoved out, I was saying that he actually had more involvement with Lexus then he ever did with anyone else that provided engines for CGR, therefore it was likely the reason he went. It'd be stupid to say he was kicked out considering he's pretty much a longtime member over there so he's in more then good standing with them.

I wasn't saying he was shoved out, I was saying that he actually had more involvement with Lexus then he ever did with anyone else that provided engines for CGR, therefore it was likely the reason he went. It'd be stupid to say he was kicked out considering he's pretty much a longtime member over there so he's in more then good standing with them.

I know you weren't. My original comment was a bit tongue in cheek about the whole thing, and as I said, the point was I don't get why switch if you're at a good team that isn't forcing you out . Ford even on their bad day with this program is probably going to be a whole lot better than Lexus, so the only thing I can see being the reason to go...is money.

I get what you're saying though as well, I just don't see why you'd break off a long career with a team like CGR for a manufacture that you may or may not be able to get up to speed.

*note I was implying that the only reason I could see for him to leave or have to is if he was forced out, sorry if you thought I made it seem you said that...in reality it was my idea to add to this conversation.

We have seen Chevy's with Pennzoil sponsorship with Panther Racing in IndyCar and Dale Earnhardt Inc on the #1, but how much factory support those teams had direct from Chevrolet I dont know,

Shell-Pennzoil currently sponsor Penske in Indycar, who use Chevrolet. but they also sponsor Penske in NASCAR, so it might be more of a team partnership than a Manufacturer partnership.

I know you weren't. My original comment was a bit tongue in cheek about the whole thing, and as I said, the point was I don't get why switch if you're at a good team that isn't forcing you out . Ford even on their bad day with this program is probably going to be a whole lot better than Lexus, so the only thing I can see being the reason to go...is money.

I get what you're saying though as well, I just don't see why you'd break off a long career with a team like CGR for a manufacture that you may or may not be able to get up to speed.

*note I was implying that the only reason I could see for him to leave or have to is if he was forced out, sorry if you thought I made it seem you said that...in reality it was my idea to add to this conversation.
You don't think he went to Lexus because it's what he simply wanted to do? I'm usually pretty cynical, so it wouldn't surprise me that he went to Lexus for money.....but, at the same time, it's not unheard of for pro athletes to leave a winning team to go play for a team they have some connection to.

I have a feeling it was a combination of both. Lexus helped him out earlier in his career, so now he's willing to return the favour...and Lexus is probably paying him quite nicely as well.

I have to believe there are at least some decent people out there, maybe Scott Pruett is one of them :lol:

You don't think he went to Lexus because it's what he simply wanted to do? I'm usually pretty cynical, so it wouldn't surprise me that he went to Lexus for money.....but, at the same time, it's not unheard of for pro athletes to leave a winning team to go play for a team they have some connection to.

I have a feeling it was a combination of both. Lexus helped him out earlier in his career, so now he's willing to return the favour...and Lexus is probably paying him quite nicely as well.

I have to believe there are at least some decent people out there, maybe Scott Pruett is one of them :lol:

If the connections were that deep he'd have raced for them in Japan. But you could be right about it being both, I think it makes sense considering he had a valid seat still.

I don't see whats the problem with it coming back. It was quick at Daytona and considering the gearbox was literally the only issue with this car, I don't see the problem with continuing with it before the new prototype specs take over.

Interesting moves all around.

Latest Posts

Back