2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
So will they manage to fix the Bop so the DPs don't win every race then? Or will it just switch and that you can only win if you have a DPi?
A all-pro P2 car can beat a DP team now, the problem is nobody has entered one. Mazda will bring a real engine next year,which I assume will be very close to it's 2017 spec. HPD are looking to switch to it's 3.5L TT and I would bet that there is more than just a single HPD powered P2 car on the grid next year.

I saw that DeltaWing GT on Facebook earlier today. Weird as it looks, I like it. It reminds me to an extent up front of the late 1990s Pontiac Firebird/Trans-Am. I am not in love with DeltaWing and their cars, but I have never been any real hater of DeltaWing. I look at this DeltaWing GT car much like I think of Formula E as a motorsports enthusiast. Sure want to see how this thing performs.

Oy, they said it'll be a GT car next year right? Don't tell me they're actually going into GTLM with this thing? :odd: Well, that'll add another car I suppose.

Better than IP2. ;) Here is the important part.

IMSA also announced that closed-cockpit LM P2 cars built between 2014 and 2016 will be eligible (grandfathered) to compete in the WeatherTech Championship during the 2017 season. Open-cockpit LM P2 cars and current Daytona Prototypes will no longer be permitted in IMSA competition after the 2016 season.

So Mike Shank gets to keep his car and the rest need to buy new ones, that's probably the best news that team has had since pole at Daytona

DA ****?! :crazy:
deltawing.jpg
DAF FUNKING FUNK?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?? What the James May am I looking at? its like a hybrid of an 80's ATV and a 90's Firebird

I took a look back to some of the posts I missed. What the heck kind of name is DPi for a class? :odd: They should have named it GT Prototype. Oh well, still excited for the new regs.

No! :scared: I hope they can still make it...wait why is @DeltaWingRace being tagged?
It is their shop that is only a few miles from the track.

This doesnt look good.

Glad that Panoz helped them! :bowdown: :cheers: :gtpflag: And glad that Shank will be able to race this baby. Hopefully the race isn't screwed up by the horrific rains. They can race in the rain...but not in a lake. :scared:

BMW M6 confirmed to be in GTLM next year.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/122261-bmw-motorsport-announces-plans-for-bmw-m6-gtlm

EDIT: So to have some fun...here's next year's GTLM grid. :P
Corvette, 2 cars
Ferrari, 1 car
Porsche, 2 cars* (Walker's team still screwed?)
Ford, 2 cars
BMW, 2 cars
Deltawing, 1 car* (going off of various rumors...this ugly **** will be here next year)
Total - 10 cars possibly (11 if the Falken team can get a sponsor)​

Last edited:
Weird how no one noticed this from practice:

Run under heavily overcast skies, MSR's Ozz Negri posted a lap of 1m15.163s to clear Scott Pruett in the Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Ford EcoBoost DP (1m15.627s) and Katherine Legge in the DeltaWing DWC13 (1:15.757).

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that car is in some mighty fighting shape. Looks like the Farewell tour in 2016 might be a fight for the ages.

No I meant can a GTLM car win the race outright if the weather stays like this?

Keating really didn't want to do that, that's his championship hopes over.

Somebody explain to Keating to STOP REVERSING ONTO THE TRACK. :banghead: Not to mention his poor driving today...Jesus.... :ouch: Screwed up the Porsche and Vette' battle too.

Back