2015 TUDOR United Sportscar Championship

• Thread starter MonGnoM
  • 3,449 comments
I am NOT any kind of Cadillac fan, but one of my personal favorite race cars was the Cadillac Northstar LMP and its successor. It would be very interesting seeing Cadillac in the GT3 ranks. Anyone who follows Pirelli World Challenge may have seen Cadillac show its strength in racing. So let's see what Cadillac can do on this level should they challenge the waters of the USCR.

These drainage gates seem to be a recurring theme, that's the third one I've known about in the last 10 or so years, I remember seeing how much damage it did to Mark Winterbottoms V8 supercar at China, was horrendous, I believe a similar incident happened in F1 not so long ago either,

These drainage gates seem to be a recurring theme, that's the third one I've known about in the last 10 or so years, I remember seeing how much damage it did to Mark Winterbottoms V8 supercar at China, was horrendous, I believe a similar incident happened in F1 not so long ago either,

img_8177.jpg

Rubens Barrichello had a crash at Monaco in 2010 when this drain cover came up and damaged the suspension on his Williams.

You can imagine the damage this can do to a car.

img_8177.jpg

Rubens Barrichello had a crash at Monaco in 2010 when this drain cover came up and damaged the suspension on his Williams.

You can imagine the damage this can do to a car.

Yeah, and as strong as carbon fibre is, its no match for those iron planks,

Oh boy Mark Winterbottom was lucky, it was just a few inches from cutting through his seat and then into you know where

Tony Stewart said he's open to anything when it comes to the 24 hours of Daytona and other races after his retirement from Sprint Cup after 2016.
Would be cool to see him in a GTD car in 2017 at Daytona or Sebring. 👍 Didn't Gordon also say he was at least thinking about that sort of thing back when he announced his retirement?

Anyone going to Road Atlanta this weekend? I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Here's hoping it doesn't rain as much as they're calling for.

I'm going to the Road Atlanta race this weekend and I'm really worried about the rain. It's my 6th year going and I've been there while it rained, but i'd much rather it be dry out (fingers crossed). This year will the first year that I will have my DSLR with me so I'm super excited about testing out my panning abilities.

Anytime I see stuff about NASCAR guys maybe turning to sports car racing reminds me a lot about Earnhardt Sr. There is a very good likelihood he was going to retire and do that by 2003-2004 had he not died. Would of been amazing to watch.
Edit: also a fun thing about a possible Gordon-Stewart teaming. They are business partners. Gordon owns a portion of Hendrick who sells cars and engines to Stewart Haas Racing. So there is a better chance then you'd think of that happening

While the Prototurtle dies in 2017, the DP name lives on. Or should I say, DPi.
Better than IP2. ;) Here is the important part.

IMSA also announced that closed-cockpit LM P2 cars built between 2014 and 2016 will be eligible (grandfathered) to compete in the WeatherTech Championship during the 2017 season. Open-cockpit LM P2 cars and current Daytona Prototypes will no longer be permitted in IMSA competition after the 2016 season.

So will they manage to fix the Bop so the DPs don't win every race then? Or will it just switch and that you can only win if you have a DPi?

Back