• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 10,093 comments
Welp...this is weird: xD

Drive Sober Path to the Blouse Championship

McDonald’s Ladder for the Letter Opene

Fr8Auctions Series presented by Bordeauxs Butt Paste

Toys R Us Series by Norfolk Southern

wp_ss_20161005_0001.png

What is the current status of The Bank of America 500 at Charlotte? The venue will be somewhat close to the projected path of the center of hurricane Matthew. Storm damage could be widespread beyond the cone. Certainly a big chance of rain.

Would Martinsville be a place multiple lines are needed? Can drivers not go from the inside corner to the outer wall consistently? I guess they figure it worked at Bristol, why not here.

I can see adding that stuff to Martinsville making that big of a difference. Grip isn't the issue, it's the radius of the turn that makes the outside unusable. The inside line is always going to be prefered because

1. It's shorter
2. You can't carry speed on the outside compaired to the lower lane.

If they want to make the outside an option they either need to reconfigure the track entirely or, dare I say it, add an abysmal amount of banking to the outside, which I hope never comes.

They probably need to make the inside slower, actually.

I can see adding that stuff to Martinsville making that big of a difference. Grip isn't the issue, it's the radius of the turn that makes the outside unusable. The inside line is always going to be prefered because

1. It's shorter
2. You can't carry speed on the outside compaired to the lower lane.

If they want to make the outside an option they either need to reconfigure the track entirely or, dare I say it, add an abysmal amount of banking to the outside, which I hope never comes.

They probably need to make the inside slower, actually.
I'm definitely biased, but I thought Matt Kenseth did a pretty solid job holding his position in the outside lane on restarts in the last few races at Martinsville.

I like Martinsville just think if they went back to single file restarts, it'd be better given the top groove doesn't really work. As I said, drivers have been playing games coming out of the pits to not have to get the outside and it bunches up pit road and it sucks.
I love seeing drivers try to do this, then get moved back to the outside lane when another car ahead of them gets a speeding penalty. Had they just stayed in line, they would have gotten the inside lane.

No joke. I thought it was raining and they were showing last weeks race, but no, someone at CMS thinks a pre-qualifying ceremony is a good idea.

Maybe it's me, but I think it's a bit pretentious.
Can't anything just be casual? I mean this is ridiculous...made worse by a Rebecca Black clone no less.

It's glorified practice NASCAR...GLORIFIED, PRACTICE! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP IT.

Yes this has made me salty...gonna grab a ginger ale and watch some old Robin Williams clips to chill now
. :P

Camera mics are picking up the wind noise off the individual cars. TV picks it up in qualifying more than the race, but along with the engine roar it's one of my favorite sounds at a live race.

Also, guys still in tech AGAIN? Chasers nonetheless? Good grief.

Commercial Edit: DMR, make a different 🤬 commercial! FFS!

Last edited:
From Jayski:

Martinsville Speedway won't make changes to track surface: After trying a suggestion from a NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, Martinsville Speedway won't make any changes to its track surface for its Chase race later this month. #4-Kevin Harvick suggested NASCAR use the same substance on Martinsville Speedway that was applied to Bristol Motor Speedway's surface in August. Bristol treated its lower groove with a substance similar to what is used at the starting area in drag racing to help tires gain grip. NASCAR stated that resin was put on that track after the Camping World Truck Series race and then the Xfinity Series race. The result was two-wide racing. The 20 lead changes in Bristol's Sprint Cup race ranked second among the track's last eight races. Harvick applauded the changes and said more tracks should be treated as Bristol was. Martinsville Speedway applied the substance to its top groove in the corners during Wednesday's tire test, the second of a two-day test. #78-Martin Truex Jr., one of four drivers who took part in the session designed for the 2017 season, doesn't think Martinsville should do anything to its track next year. "It wasn't as tacky as it was at Bristol,'' Truex said of Martinsville's surface after it was treated. "I don't know if there was less of it down. The thing I didn't like about it was that you could pretty much run anywhere on the racetrack in the concrete in the corners and run like the exact same speed."(NBC Sports)(10-7-2016)

Back