2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand PrixFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 952 comments
Man. Seeing how many errors there are today in that narrow chicane, we sure as hell are going to see a red flag on Sunday.

Ah. Palmer gave us one already!

So many mistakes these past few minutes. Crazy.

Indeed. It's as if there is little to no grip at certain parts of the track.

I hope this continues all weekend.

Welp. Alonso will be starting from Armenia. Busted engine once again.

Last edited:
Van Doorne's top speed is 11 kilometers slower than the number 19. And 26 slower than the fastest.

Bottas number 2 and Hamilton 10? Are Mercedes conspiring against Hamilton again? But again qualifying is where it really matters

Are Mercedes conspiring against Hamilton again?
Yes. Roscoe was caught peeing on Toto Wolff's prized life-sized cardboard cut-out standee of Arnold Schwarzenegger that he keeps in the Mercedes trailer. The team don't know how Roscoe got in, although unconfirmed reports suggest that Susie Wolff was seen giving Roscoe a belly rub when the team officially considered him to be a bad dog.

Probably the most overrated driver in F1

That is a bit harsh, and exaggerated. I haven't seen any hype around him that's anywhere as big as the hype around Verstappen was.

The difference between both drivers is that Verstappen actually had a car to prove his abilities in when he was with STR.
How can you possibly say the Mclaren chassis is the best on the grid? Mercedes, Ferrari, and RBR are MILES ahead of Mclaren. Even with the Mercedes engine, I think Force India's chassis rivals that of Mclaren.

I agree with @prisonermonkeys on this issue; it's incredibly hard to prove yourself when you're paired with the current best F1 driver, in a car that has a decent chassis at best, and the worst engine on the grid. I think saying the Mclaren chassis is one of the best is just an excuse for cutting Mclaren slack. They should've ended the co-operation with Honda after 2015 when it was clear the Honda engines weren't improving.

As much as I want to see Vandoorne succeed in F1, and battle it out with Max, I do have concerns around Alonso out-qualifying him at every race, and with a big gap. And then there are the mistakes he makes; The one in Barcelona which was a rather poor showing for him. And Monaco, which could've granted the team their first point of the season.

Formula 2 feature race is on at the moment. Turn 8 - the entrance to chute past the castle - has been completely revised.

The curb that was at that corner, just pitches the car at the wall. Same way the curbs at Surfers pitch the V8s into the wall.

Someone high up please get the camera men to stop zooming in on the driver's helmets. It's just stupid.

At least this week the camera positions are pretty good like Singapore, unlike the Canadian GP the other week.

As for the lack of grip on a greenish track, the wider tyres probably aren't helping at all.

Last edited:
I don't think I have ever seen so much happening in the practice sessions, we had drivers crashing out and stopping all over the place, qualifying should be interesting!

Latest Posts

Back