2017 NASCAR Discussion threadNASCAR 

• Thread starter MustangRyan
  • 3,756 comments
Stenhouse doing Stenhouse things.

Edit: Jeff proving that Evernham was the brains of the operation. "Will the Toyotas pit before the end of the stage?" "I didn't see any benefit to them pitting at lap 10 or 12."

Hey, Jeff, the Toyotas pitted at lap 18, setting themselves up to make it to the end of the segment on fuel. It really worked out well for Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin. Most of the rest got messed up when Erik Jones and Daniel Suarez missed their pit boxes. Kenseth had a flat tire and had to come back.

Last edited:
Woo, Newman shootin' the gap!

EDIT: I almost don't want to watch the end of this segment. 3edgy5me.

Truex with an unsafe release?

Was that the 78 who pulled above the yellow line? They aren't calling it and Logano nearly smacked him

18 4 21 2 88 42 1 11 48 10 top 10 following stage 1

This isn't the first time somebody shot up the track right out of the pits today.. geez what the hell are they thinking? It may have been the same car as the first time I saw it happen.

Was that the 78 who pulled above the yellow line? They aren't calling it and Logano nearly smacked him

18 4 21 2 88 42 1 11 48 10 top 10 following stage 1
Seen both Truex and Jones do that. It's almost like the rule of maintaining the line around to the backstretch doesn't exist anymore...I guess if all they want is attention, that'll get it when it goes bad.

Yeah, I think the segments suck. The most exciting thing was guys getting impatient. I'm willing to bet Jr, Chase and Jimmie aren't stressing that hard, so what's changed? The amount of BS that's being shoveled, that's it.

Kes just misses his box.

This isn't the first time somebody shot up the track right out of the pits today.. geez what the hell are they thinking? It may have been the same car as the first time I saw it happen.
First time it was the 77. The second time it was definitely the 78. I thought that it was the 77 again but the 77 nearly bumped Jr. on the backstretch that same lap so it was the 78.

Toyota running the same pit strategy in both segments. Let's see if Jeff Gordon questions it again.

I'm just imagining in my mind how great the series would be with 2003 rules in place again...racing in between the segments isn't too bad, but the segments **** it up.

I thought one of the selling points about the segments is they can run more ads during the breaks and less during the race.

Didn't believe that for a second so I'm not surprised.
Ha! Think again, Fox isn't so generous...and neither will NBC be any different unfortunately...:banghead:

I don't like that the final segment pretty much guarantees that everyone will pit at lap 40 of 80. At least with 60 lap segments, there are people pitting at laps 20/30/40.

a9hyd9qh7oq6fbnneavt.gif

As much as I hate to say it as a Jr fan, Jr honestly should have just retired. He just got cleared to race after the concussion last year and the last thing he needed to do is take an impact like the one he just had.

Latest Posts

Back