2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
Ended up being a somewhat decent race.

Congrats to Elliott on the win, the JGR teams gave that one away.

Congrats to NBC on surpassing ESPN for levels of not giving a damn about Nascar.

I think if NASCAR would have a pay channel they would still find a way to change it in middle of races! Whoever makes these contracts for NASCAR needs to be fired and fined. The ratings have been on a downfall since they have been moving races on TV.

I think if NASCAR would have a pay channel they would still find a way to change it in middle of races! Whoever makes these contracts for NASCAR needs to be fired and fined. The ratings have been on a downfall since they have been moving races on TV.
If NASCAR WERE to have a pay channel, based on how many commercials they run, it might actually make sense if they were to pick up a style similar to Formula 1.

I missed the race, but I was able to watch a few highlights, including seeing Bubba's pit crew screw him yet again by loosing a wheel while servicing the car. :banghead:

It is beyond infuriating that this is such a regular issue for this team, especially since Bubba (from what bits I've been able to see so far) has shown solid speed several times so far this season. I'm by no means a longtime NASCAR fan, but the 23 Pit Crew is probably one of the most consistently poor pit teams I've ever seen in any series.

Reddick getting the win's a nice change of pace, especially with how close he was to winning the Bristol Dirt race.

Also, hats off to Trackhouse getting 4th and 5th.

Note: I attended said race, and Justin Marks ran the Trans am TA2 race, and I'll say this. That man can drive. :lol:

Another first time winner. Well deserved for Reddick after so many close calls. With no cautions other than the stage breaks, it turned into a 2 man race as he and Elliott blew away the field. Larson was over 20 seconds behind at the end. Incredible.

I'm very happy to see Reddick got the win. It will be very interesting over the next 8 races as it seems like every time the prospect of seeing 16+ winners starts to seem unlikely someone scores their first win of the year. A part of me hopes we see 16 winners with Blaney not being one of them just to see the reaction to the (current) 2nd place driver in the regular season standings completely missing the playoffs.

I was just thinking about something. If NASCAR created a separate series that raced strictly on road courses only, would you watch the races?

I was just thinking about something. If NASCAR created a separate series that raced strictly on road courses only, would you watch the races?
No. That would be just another racing series.

Nascar needs to find a balance between the ovals, rovals and road courses. And perhaps a street race.

Round 11 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Road America live in 30 minutes.

Last edited:
As much as it pains me to say it, today marks the 20th anniversary of the first NASCAR race I can remember actually watching. I may not be as big of a NASCAR fan as I was in the 00's, but the series will always have a special place in my heart as it's what got me into racing.

As much as it pains me to say it, today marks the 20th anniversary of the first NASCAR race I can remember actually watching. I may not be as big of a NASCAR fan as I was in the 00's, but the series will always have a special place in my heart as it's what got me into racing.

I wish I could remember the first race I ever watched. All I know is that it was in the early 90s (1993 or 1994).

I don't remember the first race I ever watched because I was super young, but the first race I attended was the 1997 California 500 when I was 15.

No idea what race I first watched, although it was probably late 80's or early 90's.

First race I attended was Watkins Glen in 1998 when me and my Dad decided to bail on a family reunion and stole my uncle's Riviera convertible for an afternoon.

I don't remember my first race as I was probably sucking on a bottle way back in the 50's. My mother and father were big fans, father raced back in his early years. Mother quit being a fan as she was at race Fireball Roberts had car catch on fire and passed.

First race that I have a memory of watching is the 2002 Bristol night race. As a Jeff Gordon fan I was happy but my Dad was a Rusty Wallace fan so he was pissed.

First race I attended was the 2008 Talladega Fall race.

I missed Saturday's race but it turns out there was some "shenanigans" that have now come back to haunt Noah Gragson.

First race I was allowed to watch the whole of...2001 Daytona 500. Was at my grandparents after church. Second race I got to see was Atlanta a few weeks later.

First race I saw in any capacity was a highlight reel of the 2007 Daytona 500. The first full race I can remember sitting thru was the 2009 Daytona 500.

Sounds like the Chicago race will be announced on the 19th.

https://theathletic.com/news/chicago-endorses-nascar-race-2023/5vZTrBugWvxE/

I'm not exactly opposed to the idea since it's something different, but I'm very opposed at it coming at the cost of Road America which seems to be the rumor. It just seems like a boneheaded idea to drop a well attended race in favor of an unknown. Than again NASCAR's mantra has been "one step forward two steps back" for quite awhile.

Terrible idea. Especially if Road America is dropped.

The street race through Grant Park will be a terrible idea.

If Nascar wants to return to the Chicago area, just go back to Joliet.

Have to imagine that Landon Cassill's ride at Kaulig is now in jeopardy following his sponsor Voyager filing for chapter 11 yesterday.

Have to imagine that Landon Cassill's ride at Kaulig is now in jeopardy following his sponsor Voyager filing for chapter 11 yesterday.
Considering he gets paid entirely in cryptocurrency by them, his bank account is certainly in jeopardy right now...

Back