2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
I'm glad to see Blaney got the win after Nascar tried to screw him over by throwing a fairly unnecessary caution right before he took the checkered.

The whole race stunk though.

It seems I made the right decision completely ignoring this weekend.

I really think it’s time to either use the All-Star race as a chance to do something crazy like they did with the Clash or just axe it altogether. I know it’s easy to just blame it on the fact it’s Texas but even when it was at Charlotte it had been boring for quite some time.

I turned it off with 5 to go, what exactly happened with that last caution??
As Blaney came off of turn 4, literally 200ish feet from start/finish, NASCAR threw the yellow for Stenhouse brushing the wall on the exit of 2. Normally that would be the end of the race so no problem. However this years allstar race had the same green white checkered rules that ARCA has. Race must finish under green. So caution comes out, race not over. Blaney already mid celebration thinking he just won lowers his window net. He is then informed that there will be a restart.

The caution came out for Stenhouse grazing the wall coming out of turn 2. But every driver on track had already passed him before the caution was called in what was very clearly an attempt to force a restart, since Blaney was about to win by over 3ish seconds and that wasn’t exciting enough.

Under caution Blaney tried everything he could to reattach the window net. Unfortunately the nets really aren’t designed to be installed by the driver but by a pit crew.
Here’s the official rule on window nets:
DFB202B5-2099-45EF-9BC8-C9C3257AE2E7.jpeg

Regardless of how this all happened, NASCAR should have blacked flagged Blaney, and forced him to pit to fix his window net as that is a very serious safety issue. But they didn’t. Blaney got the net kind of in place, and NASCAR waved the green for the restart during which the net fell down again. Blaney then proceeded to hold off Denny Hamlin and win.

Last edited:
As Blaney came off of turn 4, literally 200ish feet from start/finish, NASCAR threw the yellow for Stenhouse brushing the wall on the exit of 2. Normally that would be the end of the race so no problem. However this years allstar race had the same green white checkered rules that ARCA has. Race must finish under green. So caution comes out, race not over. Blaney already mid celebration thinking he just won lowers his window net. He is then informed that there will be a restart.

The caution came out for Stenhouse grazing the wall coming out of turn 2. But every driver on track had already passed him before the caution was called in what was very clearly an attempt to force a restart, since Blaney was about to win by over 3ish seconds and that wasn’t exciting enough.

Under caution Blaney tried everything he could to reattach the window net. Unfortunately the nets really aren’t designed to be installed by the driver but by a pit crew.
Here’s the official rule on window nets:
View attachment 1153133
Regardless of how this all happened, NASCAR should have blacked flagged Blaney, and forced him to pit to fix his window net as that is a very serious safety issue. But they didn’t. Blaney got the net kind of in place, and NASCAR waved the green for the restart during which the net fell down again. Blaney then proceeded to hold off Denny Hamlin and win.

I blame Blaney for not confirming that the race was over BEFORE taking down the window net, but NASCAR should have put in some type of restart line (like they had for races a few years ago) JUST FOR THIS RACE to prevent any sort of confusion from occurring. If NASCAR really wanted to throw the caution for a car just bumping the wall like that, they might as well have put in the rulebook for this race that we will throw a competition caution with 2 laps to go to ensure a close finish.

The guy controlling the yellow flag button was trigger happy all weekend. No reason to throw that caution at the end and if they black flagged Blaney, they should of gave him spot back.
Another Nascar attempt to make a boring race exciting.

Looks like we will have a 3rd Trackhouse car for at least one race this season. Number is 91. Any potential drivers and events are both to be announced soon.

Last edited:

Looks like we will have a 3rd Trackhouse car for at least one race this season. Number is 91. Any potential drivers and events are both to be announced soon.

I doubt we'll see any big names, but getting some of the drivers from the Canada, Europe and Mexico series' into a competitive Cup car would be interesting.

It also wouldn't shock me if the first race was Sonoma either since it would be odd to announce the program without at least 1 driver already lined up.

Round 8 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Charlotte Motor Speedway starts in 12 minutes.

Last edited:
I would hate to be hanging upside down for so long.
Indeed. I was getting a bit worried with how long they were taking trying to get Buscher out.

Edit: As much as I love Bowyer...right now, really?

Last edited:
Probably the best 600 I've seen.

Between this race and Indy, it was a good day of racing. More than made up for the Monaco race.

That was an entertaining race to say the least. The Buescher flip was certainly unexpected, and I was amazed how many times he tumbled.

Pretty much everyone I was rooting for who was running near the front all race had issues late. I was especially gutted for Suarez and Reddick. Instead we ended up with the usual guys who have already grabbed plenty of career wins up front that really had no business winning this particular one.

I do want to make note of something else. What bothered me (and has for years now) was the choice of car cams during crashes. It seems like every time a crash starts to happen in front of a driver while the view is from their roof cam, the director is hell bent on immediately switching to the rear bumper view. Why?? You completely miss how the driver got through a wreck and instead see cars slowing down behind them. It annoys the crap out of me. We could have had a great view from Suarez's roof of Buescher starting to flip if they hadn't decided to switch the rear bumper as soon as he started to spin instead.

Round 9 of the 2022 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from World Wide Technology Raceway is live in 1 1/2 hours.

Not a good week for Buescher. First his flip at Charlotte and now he's out for East St. Louis/World Wide Technology:

Xfinity is in Portland this weekend while the Trucks are supporting the Cup series at Gateway.
Yep, this is the reason. I just realized that if they wanted to stay with a driver already associated with Ford, they could only choose from Zane Smith, Tanner Gray, Taylor Gray or Hallie Deegan. Smith is the most experienced from those drivers.

So Portland was… eventful. Start of the race with AJ having all the issues he was having, I told my friend there was no way he could win it. Well…

Race was fun threw the first two stages. Ty Gibbs has some masterclass talent in the rain. In both of the first stages he was pulling 15-19 second gaps on 2nd place. Driving around lap cars like they were standing still. Shame the rain stopped. Cause once the slicks got put on the race kinda blew with all the turn 1 crashes they kept having on restarts.

Edit: in the truck race earlier today, on the last lap, Carson Hocevar had major contact to the driver side of his car and was taken to hospital for evaluation. Here’s a statement from the team.

Last edited:
Just seeing the highlights from today's race. I think the whole situation between the 1 and 11 went on far too long. There should have been a penalty for the first incident and Denny made his point the first time, he shouldn't have been allowed to do what he did more than once.

That was a entertaining race.

Denny was an idiot, and Ross showed a lot of restraint not finishing him off when Denny repeatedly held him up after making his point.

I get that Denny was upset, because yes, it did mess up his race. But it was childish how EVERY time Ross came up to pass him, he would act like that. I'm stunned NASCAR didn't park him for continuing to do it all race. I do wonder how he was keeping minimum speed out there...

Oh, and then AFTER Ross owns up to the mistakes he made during the race (I feel he deserves partial, not full blame for getting sandwiched in the Elliott incident), Denny STILL vows revenge.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...hase-elliott-contact-race-payback/7534193001/

Back