2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
First stage in, and cars seem to be racing pretty good here.

To say Logano is my least favorite driver at this exact moment would be an understatement. 😡

Edit: Despite the way it ended for my favorite driver, really great race all around.

Last edited:
Logano as always making it hard to be a Penske fan. :yuck:

I can't really say I blame him though since stuff like that has been happening all year across the top 3 series' and NASCAR hasn't lifted a finger.

Round 7 of the 2022 eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Kansas Speedway is live in just over 20 minutes from now.

This was the crash test where all those rumors during the off-season about the Next Gen failing came from.

Last edited:
Erik Jones with a crossthreaded lug nut. Team doing everything they can to try and get it off.

Kurt wins!

I think we could actually see NASCAR have to make a tough decision this season as we're at 11 different winners and there's easily 6 drivers without wins in the field that could get one by the end of the regular season. I would love to see NASCAR's reaction if a winner got bumped considering how much they push the "win and your in" thing.

Last edited:
Really good race with a great battle for the win. So far the Next Gen is delivering on the intermediates.

Kurt wins!

I think we could actually see NASCAR have to make a tough decision this season as we're at 11 different winners and there's easily 6 drivers without wins in the field that could get one by the end of the regular season. I would love to see NASCAR's reaction if a winner got bumped considering how much they push the "win and your in" thing.
Wasn't it determined though that if there are more than 16 drivers winning, the tiebreakers would be first by amount of wins THEN by points?

Wasn't it determined though that if there are more than 16 drivers winning, the tiebreakers would be first by amount of wins THEN by points?
You would still have a winning driver getting bumped, which is probably the only thing I'd love to see more than a winless driver getting the Championship.

The points leader gets in first, even if they are winless.

The next 15 spots go to the drivers with the most race wins. If there are more than 15-16 race winners, points are used as a tiebreaker amongst the drivers with a single race win.

Yeah, Kurt!

I love how the season is so competitive that it may jack up their precious playoff system. Knowing NASCAR though, they will probably just expand it to 20 drivers or something and water it down even more.

Not gonna happen. Blaney and Truex will get one. Suarez without all of the bad luck might be a possibility. Harvick is done and needs to hang it up. I'd give Bell 50%, Reddick 25% and Jones 10%. But with NASCAR, if given the opportunity would gladly gift one to Wallace or Almirola. Gonna be interesting to see what SHR has in store for next year. Almirola is on record for his retirement. Harvick has been a no-show for this and last season. And Custer just isn't very good. Would not surprise me to see Tony Stewart shut it down and concentrate on his own series

Let's just go back to the "Winston Cup" points system so everyone has a chance to contest the title. The "win and you're in" format seems unfair in such a competitive championship season.

Well this thread has been laughably quiet lol, what a sterile, boring "aL1 5tAr" race that was.

Last edited:
Race was not great. Hard to pass, lots of tire failures, a special all star race only rule and a horrible call by NASCAR almost stealing the win from Blaney.

But the icing on the cake was NASCAR allowing Blaney to run 185mph+ with his window net down. There was no excuse for that. None. What would have happened if Blaney got turned in front of the field on the restart and debris went thru the window? They were willing to sacrifice his safety to try and fix a situation they created and that is completely unacceptable.

I’m sorry, but the TMS repave has to be one of the most idiotic doings-on to a circuit I can remember. The repave done could have just been a new surface and that is that. But no, they shallowed up the corners to the nth degree, making it a 1 1/2 lane race track at the bottom. Plus the damn PJ1 practically nuking a lane that makes it so cars can barely go two wide is so frustrating. We might as well just re-name COTA “Texas Speedway” cause we get better racing there than at this shallow asphalt salad bowl.

What a farce that could have been. Their stupid, long final stage meant the field got strung out, so they had to try and manufacture a close finish.

Thank God Blaney still won.

Race was not great. Hard to pass, lots of tire failures, a special all star race only rule and a horrible call by NASCAR almost stealing the win from Blaney.

But the icing on the cake was NASCAR allowing Blaney to run 185mph+ with his window net down. There was no excuse for that. None. What would have happened if Blaney got turned in front of the field on the restart and debris went thru the window? They were willing to sacrifice his safety to try and fix a situation they created and that is completely unacceptable.
I turned it off with 5 to go, what exactly happened with that last caution??

Last edited:
Back