2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
The cars are dumb. If you want to look like a European car, race in a European series. Nascar has been trying for years now to attract new fans while alienating their core fans. It's absurd. It's an American stock car series, period. Of course, Nascar has long forgotten that crucial fact. Again, if I am in Europe, the cars would be great. And for what it's worth, any American based, stock appearing race car has had numbers on the doors since the beginning.

The cars are dumb. If you want to look like a European car, race in a European series. Nascar has been trying for years now to attract new fans while alienating their core fans. It's absurd. It's an American stock car series, period. Of course, Nascar has long forgotten that crucial fact. Again, if I am in Europe, the cars would be great. And for what it's worth, any American based, stock appearing race car has had numbers on the doors since the beginning.
Tell us your feelings about Toyota in the Cup Series too! Should be pretty good.

Last edited:
Nascar has been trying for years now to attract new fans while alienating their core fans.
The only fans they've alienated are the ones clinging to a 157 year old failed revolution.

It's absurd.
No, it's smart. NASCAR has an aging fanbase and the old product wasn't attracting new ones to replace the ones dying out, their only options were to either change the series to hopefully attract new fans or become the next Blockbuster. That's not to say everything they've done in the last 10 years or so has been a good idea because clearly for a period they were striking out more often than not, but it certainly seems like they are closer to rebounding than they were 5 years ago.

And for what it's worth, any American based, stock appearing race car has had numbers on the doors since the beginning.
For what it's worth, there has actually been a variety of number placements used on American based stock appearing race cars since the beginning.

images

original-2-300x195.jpg

rs=w:600,h:600

1952-hudson-hornet-6-nascar-racer-profile.jpg

If you're going to attempt to give a history lesson at least do a basic Google search.

Last edited:
I want to hear your opinion of a foreign manufacturer in NASCAR. I'm sure it's great and super informative.
Also, mandatory reminder that the first officially sanctioned NASCAR races were won by Jaguars, and it has never been a requirement that a manufacturer be American based to enter. Only that the model of car entered be built in a factory the US, and even that stipulation wasn't originally mandated and more or less went out the window around the turn of the century.

Last edited:
Also, mandatory reminder that the first officially sanctioned NASCAR races were won by Jaguars, and it has never been a requirement that a manufacturer be American based to enter. Only that the model of car entered be built in a factory the US, and even that stipulation wasn't originally mandated and more or less went out the window around the turn of the century.
Unless I'm mistaken, the first recorded instance of a Jaguar in NASCAR occurred in 1953, when 6 of them ran at Langhorne Speedway in Pennsylvania. Other makes in that race were Volkswagen, Aston Martin and Porsche.
https://www.racing-reference.info/race-results/1953_International_200/W/

The 1954 International 100, at Linden Airport Road Course in Linden, NJ, was the first time a foreign make won a NASCAR Race (until Toyota did so as well 54 years later) as a Jaguar took home the victory. That race had some weird notes as 12 of the 43 starters were in Jaguars and only 3 were in Fords (none were in Chevrolets). There was 1 Porsche, 5 MGs, 2 Austin Healeys and 1 Morgan (which I find no record of elsewhere) also competing.
I cannot find any other instance where a German manufacturer competed in NASCAR. Surprisingly, Jaguar record a victory in NASCAR before Chevrolet (1955), Buick (1955) or Pontiac (1957).

What is your actual point here? Are you really reducing the Gen-7 car to the word "dumb"?

What do you mean "It's an American stock car series"? The cars haven't been "stock" cars since the introduction of the Gen-4 car in 1992. The cars are all built in America by Americans to rules created by the American sanctioning body, so how much more American do you need? You want them to run on Bud Light and have the engines rev out the tune of Star Spangled Banner?

I usually find any point in an argument that ends with the word "period" is intellectually flimsy, but you seem to have really taken the cake here.

Have you ever actually seen any European cars racing? Tell me, what is it about the 2-litre turbocharged 300bhp Eurobox cars that you think is so similar to your spaceframe 5.8L 750bhp V8 saloons?

Are you really freaking out over the fact that the numbers on the car aren't where you expect them to be? Is that your point?

I'm sorry, but the #3 on the pole for tomorrow's Xfinity race feels so incredibly staged to me.

Last edited:
Last couple of years, this has been the best superspeedway race of the year. Hopefully we get another good one today.

Ross shared his watermelon with a kid in the stands. :lol:

Also, credit where it's due I noticed a big improvement in Fox's coverage this week. :cheers:

At least Chastain won that race legitimately without a bump and run. He's definitely a championship threat at this point.

It could’ve rained! 😆
Yeah that would've been worse cause it was a four hour drive to the track and then an hour and half to park my God. Still I wish there was some more cloud coverage cause I'm so sun burnt now. :embarrassed:

I had a pretty good view of pit road and I really loved seeing the pit stops. :D
DSC07267.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah that would've been worse cause it was a four hour drive to the track and then an hour and half to park my God. Still I wish there was some more cloud coverage cause I'm so sun burnt now. :embarrassed:

I had a pretty good view of pit road and I really loved seeing the pit stops. :D
View attachment 1142516
Blaney!!
It took me 10 laps to get use to looking for black & white.
Every time I’ve been down there you don’t know if people are sun burnt or been on a 3 day drinking binge.🤣

Ya’ll had one heck of a race to watch!

Blaney!!
It took me 10 laps to get use to looking for black & white.
Every time I’ve been down there you don’t know if people are sun burnt or been on a 3 day drinking binge.🤣

Ya’ll had one heck of a race to watch!
I like how Blaney is really testing our vision. A few weeks ago he had the Fake Miller car (Black and Yellow-ish gold). This week he had the old colors for Newman's Alltel car.

My brain is stuck in last year. The jackman is blocking the "1", so all I see is "2" and Wurth and mistake it for Keselowski. :boggled:

You say it was crowded. The stands looked pack on TV. I believe you.

Denny Hamlin to undergo sensitivity training over a tweet. Ironically the target of the racial tweet was the guy that NASCAR gave the boot to for the same infraction.

Back