2022 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,424 comments
I'm beginning to think the re-evaluation of the California reconfiguration may be a good thing.

Byron certainly earned that win though, plus that scheme is probably second only to the Trackhouse GoPro liveries for best livery of the race.

Holy crap, I don't think NASCAR spent enough time on the Short Track package, that race was boring as hell. Literally NO green flag passes for the lead. And to think these cars are supposed to be more durable to encourage contact and banging?

People were complaining when the laps went down to 400 but that was probably a good thing :yuck:

I’m definitely curious as to what the problem might be. It didn’t seem like the track really rubbered in. Never got a second groove to come in. So maybe something to do with that. Maybe not enough power? They are running 100hp less than last year.

Last edited:
I think Bowyer and Knauss discussed something in the booth about the racing at the short tracks and why it's been less than stellar recently. They both came to the same conclusion as to why, but I was only half paying attention and didn't catch their reasoning.

Something odd about this race was lack of crashes. Normally you see guys getting spun out left and right at Martinsville because it's so easy for the car behind to accidentally (or not accidentally in some cases) get into the corner too deep. But the other notable thing was lack of flat tires due to contact. The out-of-control tire problems that had been plaguing the racing the past couple of seasons likely would have made the race more interesting since they would have brought out more cautions, leading to more restarts and action.

I think Bowyer and Knauss discussed something in the booth about the racing at the short tracks and why it's been less than stellar recently. They both came to the same conclusion as to why, but I was only half paying attention and didn't catch their reasoning.
I think it was something about the removal of the minimum ride height rule a few years ago?

The Martin throwback scheme works to a degree. I like the paint job itself. The problem is that the 6 on the original fits perfectly in the red portion on the door. And the white number works well too. With the number moved up, it sits partially in the white area, so they're forced to use a dark number for it to show.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever get a really good throwback scheme again as long as the number stays where it is. :indiff:

Live in 30 minutes:
Round 5 of the the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from dirt covered Bristol Motor Speedway.

There will be an announcement from SMI tomorrow at 3PM (not sure if local or EST) and while nothing has been confirmed, Jr. kind of spoiled it on his podcast that it would be good news about North Wilkesboro (they also hinted it pretty heavily during practice). Unless something has changed it won't be getting a Cup date, but I would love to see Trucks and Xfinity start mixing it up and going to more smaller markets instead of supporting Cup most weekends.

nascar.com/presspass

Last edited:
Austin Wayne Self and DiBinedetto are literally stuck together. Can’t say I’ve seen that before. :lol:

So, this is the first time I've actually been able to sit down and watch the dirt races since they became a thing. Is the red flag after each stage normal, or is it because of the possibility of rain?

So, this is the first time I've actually been able to sit down and watch the dirt races since they became a thing. Is the red flag after each stage normal, or is it because of the possibility of rain?
They don't have normal pit stops so they have a 3 minute red flag period between each for teams to change tires and add fuel. Teams can stay out of they want to in order to gain track position.

They don't have normal pit stops so they have a 3 minute red flag period between each for teams to change tires and add fuel. Teams can stay out of they want to in order to gain track position.
Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Racing is fun when they aren’t rolling around under caution for single car spins.

Race wasn't terrible but I really hope if they insist on returning next year they run the race like they did the Clash.

Also... :lol:

I pointed out a while back that Kyle has backed into a few wins himself. But I guess the difference is one dude backed into a good portion of his wins and the other is a 60x winner and a 2 time champion. It’s quite hilarious that it all went down like that tonight though.

Back