2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments
Wonder if he's still got the thought of being booted still in his mind with Legacy going to Toyota?
What Erik Jones sees:
bh187-mortal-kombat.gif

1 stage in and already trouble. Truex blows a tire like 6 laps in and is going to finish last. Depending on how today goes for drivers near the cut line, might be a bit of a fight next week at Bristol for the reg season leader to advance to the next round.

Reddick takes advantage during the late caution to steal a win at Kansas.

Tyler Reddick steals one from Denny Hamlin in overtime and advances to the next round of the playoffs.

Remember when NASCAR didn't have stage breaks?
pepperidge farm.gif

(Actually it wasn't that long ago. Why is it that the drivers can't handle it now??)

It's not that the drivers can't handle it, it's that the networks like having scheduled ad breaks where their commercials aren't interrupted by a crash happening.
They're official reasoning sounds far worse. They aren't even hiding the fact they can't officiate competently anymore.

NASCAR really is the definition of 1 step forward 2 steps back.

They're official reasoning sounds far worse. They aren't even hiding the fact they can't officiate competently anymore.

This is basically a pre-text to axe the Roval for 2024 isn't it?

eNASCAR Coca Cola iRacing series cutoff round tonight. Deciding the final 4 who’ll race at the Hall of Fame for the Championship!

Last edited:

Well, if NASCAR wants the "same rules and procedures" for each race in the playoffs, why not have EVERY race with NO stage breaks? But I feel @EngieDiesel is right. The networks love having the contrived breaks to air their commercials. Though it doesn't stop them from showing a crap ton of ads the rest of the race, anyway.

Noah Gragson has been reinstated by NASCAR. Of course, he is still teamless.

OF COURSE they'll backflip on a decision that many people welcomed.

Not surprising, but it is now official. Of course this means the commentary teams really need to get his name down because he is going to be around a lot next year.

Not surprising, but it is now official. Of course this means the commentary teams really need to get his name down because he is going to be around a lot next year.

Don't worry, we Americans are too lazy to pronounce long names. He'll simply be referred to as SVG.

Don't worry, we Americans are too lazy to pronounce long names. He'll simply be referred to as SVG.
Considering how badly most buchered American driver Matt Dibenedetto's name, I sadly see SVG being the best they will do in (Outside of possibly Mike Joy and Rick Allen, the only two that ever got Matt's name right)

I get the feeling that'll change, with Rick Ware's charter up in the air.
Yeah. Lets be frank: He was there because of his son and now that he is permanently out of the picture (For the foreseeable future anyway), there's kinda no point for him to be there.

I get the feeling that'll change, with Rick Ware's charter up in the air.

Yeah. Lets be frank: He was there because of his son and now that he is permanently out of the picture (For the foreseeable future anyway), there's kinda no point for him to be there.
Speaking of that, both of the RWR teams are 2 points behind the 77 for 33rd.

The other semi-hot rumor on the charter front, which came out yesterday before the Van Gisbergen/Trackhouse announcement, was that Live Fast (which would be entering the third year of bottom-3 territory next season) was looking to sell its charter with Spire as a stalking-horse suitor for Trackhouse and Zane Smith.

Between that and the John Hunter Nemechek/Legacy news, there are now the possibility of 0-4 charters changing hands, with the 77 and 42 staying in business. Least likely are 0 (I just don't seen RWR being a 2-car team even if NASCAR doesn't seize the charter being used on the 51) and 4 (Stewart-Haas is rather unlikely to drop to 2 teams, and the contraction rumors have died down).

Last edited:
He has quite a few programs outside of NASCAR (some completely his, some just partnerships) so I don't think finding a ride for his son is the primary factor in his involvement.

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see the team completely folded into RFK as that seems like it would be his best chance of success. Rick seems great at finding funding but can't seem to put it in the right places on his own.

finding a ride for his son
I wouldn't be surprised he jumps to Indycar since Dale Coyne's constantly looking for funding.

Edit: And I almost forgot I got to witness that at Road America a few years back. :lol:

Last edited:
Having said that I wouldn't be surprised to see the team completely folded into RFK as that seems like it would be his best chance of success. Rick seems great at finding funding but can't seem to put it in the right places on his own.
Would that make it RFKW? Think of the radio call letter possibilities if Roush were to give up first billing - Classic Hits KRFW or New Age WRFK.

Seriously, it would be on paper a good match. Roush has had problems getting funding, while Ware can't put together a competitive product. Unfortunately, it's more likely to be Roush lack-of-funding plus Ware's lack of performance.
I wouldn't be surprised he jumps to Indycar since Dale Coyne's constantly looking for funding.

Edit: And I almost forgot I got to witness that at Road America a few years back. :lol:
The 51 is still a Dale Coyne/Rick Ware collaboration.

Latest Posts

Back