2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments
SVG coming 10th is a testament to him being a great driver. Not a podium this time but look at the calibre of those who finished behind him, some of them great drivers and champions also. NASCAR is as much a team event as a driver event probably more than some other types of racing so congratulations to the whole team and SVG. NASCAR is a great form of racing that offers many winners and not usually a procession of the same ones winning every time. (PS I am a NASCAR fan from the 2000's and love ovals as well).

NASCAR has quietly released NASCAR Classics. An enormous video archive of nearly every NASCAR cup series race ever run. Almost every cup race from every season, is available to watch. FOR FREE!

classics.nascar.com

IMG_8444.png

Edit: They’ve just announced it.

Last edited:
Chase Elliott runs out of fuel with 35 laps to go and now must win Daytona to make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Either Bubba/Gibbs makes it or the Daytona winner makes it. The other 15 spots have been clinched.

William Byron gets his series leading 5th win on the season, dominating at Watkins Glen!!!!

Take the 9 to the R&D center and figure out why his crew chief thought he could make it 3 laps after he flipped the switch.

Me, a Bubba fan, thinking about next weekend:

Nervous Key And Peele GIF

5 Wins for Byron is pretty wild. He's been having an excellent year to say the least.

Also that odd moment when you realize that RFK is pretty much the best Ford team currently.

Last edited:
Creed’s search for his first Xfinity win will continue after losing to Allgaier by .005 of a second at Daytona.

Last edited:
A hot rumor is that Stewart-Haas will try to sell up to 2 of its 4 charters next year. The linked story notes that only 2 drivers (the incoming Josh Berry in the not-yet-sponsored 4 and Chase Briscoe in the 14) are confirmed for 2024, and that Aric Almirola is "very likely" to retire, with Smithfield likely departing as a sponsor if that happens. Reading the tea leaves, SHR is likely to drop at least the 41 and move the self-sponsorship to the 4.

I know JR Motorsports still hopes to get into Cup, but I doubt they'd move 3 teams up from Xfinity to soak up both SHR charters and the expected seized charter from Rick Ware Racing (the 51 is now 11 points behind the 42 for 33rd place in owners' points), especially since the price of a charter is supposedly in the $40-50 million range. The other serious possibility for a charter move is Trackhouse getting one for Shane Van Gisbergen. If there are 3 teams looking for 3 charters, I'd expect the price to come down some.

Last edited:
Martin Truex will win the Regular Season championship.
Bubba Wallace will make the playoffs as long as we don't have a new winner.

1 stage to go.

Martin Truex will win the Regular Season championship.
Bubba Wallace will make the playoffs as long as we don't have a new winner.

1 stage to go.
If Berry wins, Wallace makes the playoffs, but the 23 team does not.

I actually can't believe I'm rooting for Kevin Harvick to win.

Edit: Ryan Preece goes rolling!

Preece is out of the car.

Last edited:
Horrible crash for Preece
Edit: Preece was assisted out of the car.

Last edited:
Back