2023 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 768 comments
Chris Buescher wins at Daytona!

Bubba Wallace will make the playoffs.
Chase Elliott will not.

Buscher wins, 1-2 for RFK, Bubba makes the playoffs. Finally can relax a little.

React Sigh GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

While a fan of Chase I would have liked to see him make the playoffs, at the same time, he didn't deserve the chance to be in the playoffs in my eyes.

For as wild as the wrecks were, it actually was a pretty tame July Daytona. Just 1 big one and a (pretty major) 2 car incident. We didn’t have the quadruple overtime with 5 big ones it feels like we usually see.

Last edited:
For as wild as the wrecks were, it actually was a pretty tame August Daytona. Just 1 big one and a (pretty major) 2 car incident. We didn’t have the quadruple overtime with 5 big ones it feels like we usually see.
FTFY

And if they only ditch the stage cautions for next year at all types of tracks, it would be better.

Didn't see this thread, but i saw that #41 wreck live during a watch party.

Someone please keep the thread appraised on his condition, that was absolutely brutal to watch and I hope he got away from that without anything serious.

Playoff Points standings going into Darlington:

Byron/Truex +29
Hamlin +18
Buescher +14
Busch +12
Larson +10
Bell +7
Chastain +4
Keselowski +3
Reddick +2
Blaney/Logano +1
———————————
McDowell -1
Stenhouse -3
Harvick -4
Wallace -8

Didn't see this thread, but i saw that #41 wreck live during a watch party.

Someone please keep the thread appraised on his condition, that was absolutely brutal to watch and I hope he got away from that without anything serious.

Last edited:
That Blaney hit was HARD. I don't think I've ever seen the SAFER barrier move that much. I can't imagine how that would have turned out if it was just the old concrete wall.

I also don't think I've ever seen a car catch so much air that it did 5 barrel rolls without touching the ground. Yeah, guys have barrel rolled before, but usually they hit the ground between each roll. Glad to see Preece upbeat in his tweet.

Congrats to Buescher on yet another win. I'll be honest, I thought Roush was done a few years ago. But Keselowski clearly has made a difference coming over as part owner, and things are starting to pay off for them. I did not see these wins coming.

There are a lot of things in modern NASCAR that I don't care for, but modern safety standards and construction methods are not among them.

Round 16 of the eNASCAR Coca-Cola iRacing Series from Dover Motor Speedway tonight at 9 ET. This is the second race of the playoffs.

I will forever refer to those as "Mid-transformation Demon eyes" because wow, they are quite a sight (despite being not all that harmful)

It's coming down to the wire for Herbst and Kligerman. Expect one of the two if not both to absolutely do or die in Kansas.

Harvick pit right after the caution came out and now his race is ruined. Had a real shot to win it tonight.

Kyle Larson advances to the next round of the playoffs by winning the Southern 500!

He got screwed over there. What a load of crap.
He could have rolled down pit road without stopping in his pit. He would have lost a bunch of spots by doing pit road speed rather than slowing toward pace car speed, but he wouldn't have started at the tail end of the longest line.

Hamlin is staying at JGR, 23XI is staying with Toyota.

Not surprising in the least.

I mean, 23XI was going to stay/move to whatever manufacturer Hamlin was driving for, so if he stayed at JGR, we pretty much knew the end result.

I guess Erik Jones can breathe easily.

Wonder if he's still got the thought of being booted still in his mind with Legacy going to Toyota?

Back