2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
After seeing the Giants win again I see that Daniel Jones is not a good QB. The fact that the Giants offense looks like a functional NFL offense with an undrafted free agent rookie QB speaks volumes about Jones. They looked functional when Tyrod Taylor was playing as well. So now the Giants have a 40 million anchor around their necks and it is going to be interesting to see what happens with them

* The Indianapolis Colts will host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday.
This is just wrong

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

kjb
After seeing the Giants win again I see that Daniel Jones is not a good QB. The fact that the Giants offense looks like a functional NFL offense with an undrafted free agent rookie QB speaks volumes about Jones. They looked functional when Tyrod Taylor was playing as well. So now the Giants have a 40 million anchor around their necks and it is going to be interesting to see what happens with them
Let's cut that anchor! Tommy DeVito is looking like a starter to me. If the locker room is feeling it and let's say we split Philly and win against the Saints, I'd name him as our starter (Rams are hot n cold, that could be a great game). He's been putting points on the board, I think it's a no brainer.

Jerome

The National Football League wants to expand its worldwide appeal by playing some more regular season games in two new places. Within the next two years, the NFL hopes to play games in Brazil and Spain. The NFL has never played in Brazil or Spain before. The NFL will make its Brazilian debut next year. More information is here, in case you're interested: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39104125/nfl-set-decide-2024-brazil-game-wednesday-source-says .
Sucks for us because Spain and Brazil are both Dolphins international markets. We already have a home game cannibalized by London, and the Brazil game would take away from another Miami home game since we're the only franchise with Brazilian rights. This year was good for us since we had the Chiefs in Germany instead of at Arrowhead. Hopefully they have us playing the Bears in Spain so that Chicago can qualify as the home team.

It is sad to learn of Al Michaels being demoted and not going to call any 2023 NFL playoffs action. He recently parted ways with NBC. What exactly happened I am not sure of.

On a different note, we got Chargers at Raiders tonight in Paradise, Nevada. Las Vegas and the AFC West are in vogue tonight. Hopefully this game won't be as sad as last Thursday Night Football's game. Enjoy tonight's game!

I think the NFL got upset with him. He did a game recently and reportedly wasn't very enthusiastic while doing a game. I can't remember which game it was but it was a bad game

Was he calling the Vikings/Raiders game? If so, thats super unfair. Al Michaels is a legend, imo, he should have earned a little grace for all the years he's put into the NFL, no?

Jerome

kjb
I think the NFL got upset with him. He did a game recently and reportedly wasn't very enthusiastic while doing a game. I can't remember which game it was but it was a bad game
I could have sworn it was a Bears game. If it was, I can't blame him.

Only the bookies will be watching the second half of this one, and Al "No Playoffs for Me" Michaels will cater his call for them.

It's supposed to be an NFL game, but the score looks like a college game. This is almost like Las Vegas Raiders beating USCal or UCLA. Or if Loyola Marymount had a college football program, it would be the LV Raiders beating the LMU Lions. Another Thursday Night clunker. Last I checked: LV leads LAC 63-14 with 8:39 left in the game.

How can a team go from scoring no points in one game to 63 in the next?
When the opposing team's QB sounds like he'd be more suited for hockey. Easton Stick is the most hockey name I can think of. Also, Los Angeles is now in the Jets quandary of having no QB. Last night they didn't have their lead WR either so they needed to be perfect on defense to have a chance. They were not and pretty much gave up interest in the game VERY quickly.

Well the Chargers have finally fired Brandon Staley and their long time Gm Tom Telesco. Personally I felt like he should been fired after their playoff lost last year. I think with the right coach this can be a good team but we'll see what happens

Usually, football on Saturdays is usually college football or some of the NFL Preseason games. Now if you love your NFL action on Saturdays, this is one for you to enjoy. Three games will be on tap today. I think all three games are on NFL Network as well. Here's a reminder of today's games:

• MIN Vikings at CIN Bengals
  • PIT Steelers at IND Colts
  • DEN Broncos at DET Lions

Enjoy today's games!

The 1st quarter isn't even over, and yet two defensive Bengal players named DJ have already been carted off the field. :rolleyes: The Reader one is big. We need that big body on the line.

Was he calling the Vikings/Raiders game? If so, thats super unfair. Al Michaels is a legend, imo, he should have earned a little grace for all the years he's put into the NFL, no?

Jerome
Al Michaels is a jerk. He needs to retire already. Mike Tirico was supposed to be in for SNF years sooner but Al Michaels pulled a Jay Leno and refused to step down. Tirico and Collinsworth have been so much better as a pair, imo, than Al during his last few seasons. TNF with Herbstreit has been exhausting, but then again each game has been a complete dud so I'm shocked they don't just fall asleep in the booth.

The 1st quarter isn't even over, and yet two defensive Bengal players named DJ have already been carted off the field. :rolleyes: The Reader one is big. We need that big body on the line.
DJ Reader went down? I feel sorry for the former Texan, DJ Reader.

Another busy Sunday of NFL football is to come. So get ready for this Sunday's games!

That's the Lions team I expect. They looked really good last night and the defense was solid compared to other weeks. If they keep playing like that, we're actually going to win a playoff game.

I forgot about the Jets scheduled bye this week. Seems like the offensive line is all there.

Regulation solved nothing in Nashville. The Houston Texans ended up winning at the Tennessee Titans 19-16 in Overtime. Tennessee wore the Houston Oilers' uniforms and decked out Nissan Stadium in "Luv Ya Blue" Oilers colors and logos. How the Texans even managed to slowly claw back in the 2nd half to a tie is an accomplishment. Case Keenum did a commendable job taking over for CJ Stroud. Kicker Ka'imi Fairbairn was back on the Texans' roster, and he did most of the damage followed by the Texans scoring the game-tying Touchdown in regulation. When it seemed like the Texans won on a game-winning touchdown rush, Holding brought it back. Ka'imi Fairbairn was the hero in this one for Houston. Just the resolve of the Texans was incredible in this Texans victory. What. The. Heck?! Awesomeness!

Up next for Houston: back home to host the Cleveland Browns.

Congratulations to all winners from this week's games!

[UPDATE] Forgot to mention in Overtime.

Last edited:
Tennessee should be banned from wearing Houston Oilers uniforms, especially when facing Houston. That's so disrespectful and confusing. That would be like the Ravens wearing brown jerseys and orange helmets against the Browns.

You know what's worse for Tennessee Titan fans, Omnis? Not only did Tennessee lose this game, they were also eliminated from postseason contention with this loss. Our ABC affiliate here in Houston, ABC 13, had a caption that read "Texans at Titans (Not the Oilers!)" to talk about this game on the sports segment. So you could say the Texans' win was a double whammy for the Titans.

By the way, congratulations on your Miami Dolphins winning the inner-forum GTPlanet rivalry over Blitz24's New York Jets, showing no love with the 30-0 victory (tennis references). I also want to salute Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals with the 27-24 victory in Overtime against the Minnesota Vikings. Give Joey D's Detroit Lions their flowers with a 42-17 smashing of the visiting Denver Broncos. And finally, the Carolina Panthers beat somebody other than my Texans- 9-7 win at home against the Atlanta Falcons.

Imagine losing to this trainwreck of a Panthers team, in front of hardly any fans. Sucked in Atlanta.

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Last edited:
My thoughts on the Texans win yesterday and the total lack of class from that organisation in Tennessee are summed up with my profile picture.

LFG!

I was okay with Saleh making it through the season but I'm starting to go the other way now. Poorly coached game all around. How does team not show up for a division game?

Latest Posts

Back