2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments

The championship game that year?
View attachment 1314900

Flacco plays for the Browns leading them to a Super Bowl means he gets a revenge game against the Ravens. The Lions also get to beat Matt Stafford at Ford Field. As an added bonus, we get a Super Bowl sans Taylor Swift.

Inject this fanfiction directly into my veins.

I'd love to see both in the SB, no Swifties would make it even sweeter :lol:

Jerome

Sorry I'm late in hyping up tonight's game. Again, we have the New York Jets going to the Cleveland Browns for a little Thursday Night NFL action, the last one of the year 2023. If Cleveland wins tonight, they will have clinched a Playoff berth. NYJ were eliminated long ago with nothing to lose.

Enjoy tonight's match!

Good thing Woody Johnson has a vote of confidence in the Jets coaching staff because he might be the only person on the planet who does.

Good thing Woody Johnson has a vote of confidence in the Jets coaching staff because he might be the only person on the planet who does.
We are entering an era where the worst teams in the league may have 6 wins. That's not ineptitude, that's incredible.

We are entering an era where the worst teams in the league may have 6 wins. That's not ineptitude, that's incredible.
I mean the Panthers exist, but their woes will be compounded by not having a draft pick. The Jets, somehow, are lucky they are doing this without Rodgers as they get to keep their draft pick. Either way, Rodgers isn't going to solve for the problems of this team. The offensive line wasn't a problem for the early part of the game they were somewhat in. This time it is on the defense for having no idea how to take advantage of a 3rd and long and the team insisting Abanikanda is a secret weapon. Every time I see him enter the game I cringe because I don't think he's that good. Aside from one good return in week 1, their returners (KR and PR) seem to be either too risky or just plain dumb. Poor coaching and poor expectations of this team will be their undoing next year as well.

I mean the Panthers exist, but their woes will be compounded by not having a draft pick. The Jets, somehow, are lucky they are doing this without Rodgers as they get to keep their draft pick. Either way, Rodgers isn't going to solve for the problems of this team. The offensive line wasn't a problem for the early part of the game they were somewhat in. This time it is on the defense for having no idea how to take advantage of a 3rd and long and the team insisting Abanikanda is a secret weapon. Every time I see him enter the game I cringe because I don't think he's that good. Aside from one good return in week 1, their returners (KR and PR) seem to be either too risky or just plain dumb. Poor coaching and poor expectations of this team will be their undoing next year as well.
You've also got to take into consideration that the Jets were already eliminated from playoff contention, and they're playing the Browns who are really good, and still fighting for their division if not a wildcard spot.

You've also got to take into consideration that the Jets were already eliminated from playoff contention, and they're playing the Browns who are really good, and still fighting for their division if not a wildcard spot.
Yep. A lot of teams are good compared to the Jets.

I didn't watch the game last night because I didn't care. But the Jets are a bad team. I compare them to the Browns who a lot of injuries but who have somehow been able to make the playoffs.
Looking back at this season and the whole Saleh era there been a series of missteps and plain bad luck. Zach Wilson was a mistake at 2 but they didn't help him out by supporting and bringing him along slowly. They threw him into the fire in an offense not designed to highlight his skill set. Fire the OC put Wilson on the bench to learn behind Rodgers and make him the backup because they didn't think Rodgers would get hurt but his recent history says otherwise.
Wilson should have the 3rd QB so he could have had time to sit and learn. Joe Douglas basically performed franchise malpractice by not signing a decent backup and keeping Wilson glued to the bench. So now the Jets are stuck. They need to improve the Oline, receivers and coaching. Well now I go back to waiting for the Jets Superbowl the draft

CJ Stroud recently cleared concussion protocol, and he is looking to start this weekend against the Tennessee Titans. The Houston Texans basically must win this weekend and next weekend (at Indianapolis, where we seldom win) to have even hope of making the Playoffs. We are not a Playoff team in this form. However, to go from from pretender to contender in the span of one season would be a great story. A lot of injuries and a revolving door for coaches have summed up the Texans' woes between 2020 and 2022. If we don't get in, at least we have a chance to have our first winning season since the NFL went to a 17-game season.

Remember- we have a lot of 8-7 teams whose Playoff hopes hang in the balance, Texans included. There's going to be quite a bit of madness as teams look to fulfill the "AND" and "OR" situations. In other words, "__ with a win AND a __ loss." I still remember that year when the (then) Oakland Raiders could make the playoffs if seven teams had plenty of AND OR situations... and they almost did make it! Anything can happen, mates.

Tonight at 8PM Eastern, we got Joey D's Detroit Lions going down south to take on the Dallas Cowboys. These two could meet in the NFC half of the NFL Playoffs bracket, so this could be a potential preview should these two meet again in the Playoffs. Both teams are in the Playoffs. All this game basically is for is to possibly sweeten the offer of playing in the playoffs.

Enjoy tonight's game!

One last time in 2023... you ready for some NFL football today? There are still many things to be settled. Teams may even get eliminated from postseason contention today or this week. We settle the score on the football field.

Enjoy today's games, and be sure to share how your team(s) did this week if you wish!

Not sure what should be done about that 2 point conversion at the end of the Cowboys/Lions game. Only thing is that the NFL needs to stipulate hiring refs possessing hearing, eyesight and a functioning brain.

Probably the most 2023 Panthers thing to happen is for their kicker to get injured right before the game.

Last edited:
The Houston Texans end 2023 with a win, and a big one- 26-3 over the Tennessee Titans. The Texans' playoff hopes rely on if they can win at the Indianapolis Colts next week. The Texans haven't done well in Indianapolis in the past. The Jacksonville Jaguars may likely win the AFC South (JAX at TEN next week), but Houston REALLY needs to win that game at Indy if they want to sneak into the Playoffs. This is the first winning season for the Texans since the NFL moved to a 17-game schedule.

Three possibilities I can think of:
1.) HOU wins at IND, JAX loses or ties at TEN- HOU AFC South Champions

2.) HOU wins at IND, JAX wins at TEN- HOU clinches playoff berth

3.) HOU loses at IND- HOU done for the season, regardless of JAX at TEN result

Up next: at the Indianapolis Colts. Win, and you're in.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games!

First time the Panthers have been shutout since 2002 and seven first downs equals the second lowest in franchise history. A fitting way for this turd of a season to be ending.

And I am not a expert on this type of thing (or many things at all, tbh ) but I'm fairly certain this is not how an owner should be behaving.

Tepper is a terrible owner who is in over his head. I think the NFL made a mistake in thinking he would be a good owner since he was a minority owner with Pittsburgh

First time the Panthers have been shutout since 2002 and seven first downs equals the second lowest in franchise history. A fitting way for this turd of a season to be ending.

And I am not a expert on this type of thing (or many things at all, tbh ) but I'm fairly certain this is not how an owner should be behaving.

Unless he starts using slurs or covering up sexual impropriety, he's probably safe.

The Lions won that game. At worst the officiating crew was deliberately skewing the results, at best they're grossly incompetent. Either way, something has got to change in the NFL since this is like a weekly occurrence.

The Lions won that game. At worst the officiating crew was deliberately skewing the results, at best they're grossly incompetent. Either way, something has got to change in the NFL since this is like a weekly occurrence.
What if we made Angel Hernandez an NFL Ref?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Well, be thankful you don't have the NFL equivalent of Tim Donaghy or Jerry Meals as a referee or umpire. Those guys would have screwed the Detroit Lions as well.

The final week of the 2023 regular season is here. Welcome to Week 18! An incomplete Playoffs picture will be fully painted and complete after this week. If your team still has a chance to make the postseason, better make it count this week. Let me talk about some of this week's games:

* The Pittsburgh Steelers will be heading down to Baltimore to meet the powerful Baltimore Ravens on Saturday afternoon.

* Win and you're in. The Houston Texans will try to do what they've failed to do so often- win at the Indianapolis Colts. Both teams are 9-7. If Houston wins, the Texans can claim either the final AFC Wild Card slot... or even win the AFC South. These outcomes will depend on what happens with Jacksonville at Tennessee and even Buffalo at Miami.

* The Battle for Ohio is on for Sunday as the Cleveland Browns play at Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals.

* After getting screwed last week, Joey D's Detroit Lions will host the Minnesota Vikings.

* Another cat team plays! The Jacksonville Jaguars will try to win the AFC South by trying to down the Tennessee Titans in Nashville.

* Ah, an NYC-Boston rivalry. Blitz24's New York Jets will take flight at the New England Patriots.

* Carolina will end their woeful 2023 NFL season by hosting the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Can the Panthers notch their 4th win of the season?

* At the site of Super Bowl LVIII, the Las Vegas Raiders will host the Denver Broncos. Sadly, neither Las Vegas nor Denver will be in the postseason.; so this game is all about pride.

* The Philadelphia Eagles are in the Playoffs, but they have been losing lately. Jump Ace's New York Giants hope to compound Philly's misery a bit more.

* Sunday Night Football this week has the AFC East in vogue and two postseason teams ready to collide. We got the Buffalo Bills going on down to the Sunshine State to battle Omnis' Miami Dolphins.

Of course, many more games are on tap for this week. I'm sorry if I failed to mention favorite teams of any other GTPlaneteers. I do like to give shoutouts to personalize the previews.

I mentioned an incomplete Playoffs picture. Let's update the teams IN for this postseason (changes in italics):

--- PLAYOFFS PICTURE: "IN!" TEAMS ---
...AFC East Champions...
Baltimore (AFC North Champions)[/I]
...AFC South Champions...
Kansas City (AFC West Champions)
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...
...AFC Wild Card 3...
Miami (clinched berth)
Cleveland (clinched berth)
...NFC East Champions...
Detroit (NFC North Champions)
...NFC South Champions...
San Francisco (NFC West Champions)
Dallas (clinched berth)
Philadelphia (clinched berth)
Los Angeles Rams (clinched berth)

We paint the full playoffs picture after this week.

Enjoy this week's games!

David Tepper has been fined 300K by the NFL. 300K doesn't hurt someone with 20 billion in the bank. He probably loses that in his couch. He apologized and stated that he should have let NFL security deal with the incident that he caused. Tepper needs to be glad he didn't pour the drink on the wrong person. He's owner and he needs to have a thicker skin than this. He is really trying to outdo Jerry Richardson and Synder as bad owners

Carolina Panthers' owner, David Tepper got punished for his actions of tossing a drink at Jacksonville Jaguars fans. That punishment? He is now $300K light in his bank account for tossing a drink at Jacksonville Jaguars fans. This seems more like a slap on the wrist than any kind of convincing, example-setting, precedent-making punishment. What say you on Tepper getting fined and not suspended?

[UPDATE] Tree'd.

Last edited:
I heard there are actually three possibilities for the Houston Texans depending on if they win at Indianapolis this Saturday night. Follow my lead regarding my Houston Texans and their 2023 Playoffs hopes:

* If HOU def. IND + TEN def. JAX = HOU wins AFC South and hosts CLE in the Playoffs.

* If HOU def. IND + JAX def. TEN + BUF def. MIA = HOU is a 7th seed and play at MIA.

* If HOU def. IND + JAX def. TEN + MIA def. BUF = HOU is a 6th seed and play at KC.

And obviously...
* If IND def. HOU = HOU's season is over; what happens afterwards with JAX, TEN, BUF, and MIA inconsequential to HOU.

So apparently, HOU's postseason position also depends on what happens with Buffalo if the Texans win at the Colts. I don't know who I'd want to face if I were Houston if we win this weekend- vs. CLE, at MIA, or at KC. The only team of these three we faced this season is Cleveland, and we lost worse than the final score of 36-22 indicates. Kansas City gives me nightmares of the 2019 Playoffs when we blew a 21-0 point lead after the first quarter to lose 51-31 at Kansas City. I'm a "Swiftie," guilty as charged; but I'd hate for Taylor Swift hoping my Texans lose. The only remaining team I'd feel we have a chance against is Miami. Historically, Houston beat Miami many times until finally losing bad to them once.

It should be a great weekend of football regardless of what happens.

Somehow the Steelers still have a chance of playoff football, now running their 3rd string QB. Need a bit of help from Miami (very possible) or Tennessee (unlikely). Looks like I'm a Phins fan as well this weekend.

I know the Jets won't make the playoffs but I will extremely happy if they beat the Pats on Sunday especially if it's Belicheck's last game with the Pats. 😁 Nothing better than sending a legend out with an L especially when they are a division rival

"Ready? Down! Hut hut hut hut hut hut..."

Yeah. What you know 'bout Tecmo Bowl? ;) Anyhow... must be time again for some football! The regular season ends for the 2023 NFL Season today with two games to be played. The Pittsburgh Steelers will try to down the hot Baltimore Ravens in Baltimore. Win, and you're in- the Houston Texans will be at the Indianapolis Colts to try to make an improbable postseason appearance. Depending on what happens, Houston could be AFC South champions depending on what happens between JAX at TEN or even BUF at MIA if Houston wins.

If my Texans lose tonight, I'll stop following this season and look forward to next. Enjoy this weekend's games!

Back