2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
Eagles at Seahawks TONIGHT!

It's Monday Night Football time again! Here is what we got this time:

---INFORMATION---
A Division leader flies into Seattle for a bird fight in the NFC.
  • PHI Eagles (10-3; 1st in NFC East) at SEA Seahawks (6-7; 3rd in NFC West)
  • FAVORED: PHI (-3.5)
  • OVER/UNDER: 45.5 points

Believe it or not, this game was flexed by the NFL for Monday Night Football. Previously, it was to be the Chiefs at Patriots for MNF this week. There are bigger implications for this game than with KC at NE. PHI has nothing to lose- they're in the Playoffs. SEA, meanwhile, possibly has a lot to play for and keep their playoff hopes alive.

Enjoy this game if you'll be watching or following! That's even if you have Fantasy team players playing in this game.

Last edited:
You know what's worse for Tennessee Titan fans, Omnis? Not only did Tennessee lose this game, they were also eliminated from postseason contention with this loss. Our ABC affiliate here in Houston, ABC 13, had a caption that read "Texans at Titans (Not the Oilers!)" to talk about this game on the sports segment. So you could say the Texans' win was a double whammy for the Titans.

By the way, congratulations on your Miami Dolphins winning the inner-forum GTPlanet rivalry over Blitz24's New York Jets, showing no love with the 30-0 victory (tennis references). I also want to salute Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals with the 27-24 victory in Overtime against the Minnesota Vikings. Give Joey D's Detroit Lions their flowers with a 42-17 smashing of the visiting Denver Broncos. And finally, the Carolina Panthers beat somebody other than my Texans- 9-7 win at home against the Atlanta Falcons.
I would say Vrabel could lose his job this off season. They had one decent run a few years ago when Derrick Henry was in his prime and Tannehill was decent but now it looks like they are going to move on from Henry and turn the QB position over to Levis. I think they are going to become bottom dwellers in that division for a few years. Right in time for the that new stadium they're going to build.

Eagles at Seahawks TONIGHT!

It's Monday Night Football time again! Here is what we got this time:

---INFORMATION---
A Division leader flies into Seattle for a bird fight in the NFC.
  • PHI Eagles (10-3; 1st in NFC East) at SEA Seahawks (6-7; 3rd in NFC West)
  • FAVORED: PHI (-3.5)
  • OVER/UNDER: 45.5 points

Believe it or not, this game was flexed by the NFL for Monday Night Football. Previously, it was to be the Chiefs at Patriots for MNF this week. There are bigger implications for this game than with KC at NE. PHI has nothing to lose- they're in the Playoffs. SEA, meanwhile, possibly has a lot to play for and keep their playoff hopes alive.

Enjoy this game if you'll be watching or following! That's even if you have Fantasy team players playing in this game.
Could be an interesting game as I see Drew Locke playing for Seattle and Jalen Hurts has a stomach bug and is listed as questionable .

Welcome to Week 16 of the 2023 NFL Season! Let's talk about playoff teams that are IN and OUT. Here is the first "IN!" list:

--- PLAYOFFS PICTURE: IN! ---
Champions or clinched teams are as follows:

...AFC East Champions...
...AFC North Champions...
...AFC South Champions...
...AFC West Champions...
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...
...AFC Wild Card 3...
Baltimore (clinched berth)
...NFC East Champions...
...NFC North Champions...
...NFC South Champions...
San Francisco (NFC West Champions)
Dallas (clinched berth)
Philadelphia (clinched berth)

--- PLAYOFFS PICTURE: OUT! ---
These teams will have to try again next season, because they're eliminated in 2023:
  • TEN Titans
  • NYJ Jets
  • NE Patriots
  • WAS Commanders
  • ARI Cardinals
  • CAR Panthers <<< worst record (2-12)

Christmas weekend is this weekend. Some of this week's matches include:

* An NFC Showdown in Southern California is on tap when the New Orleans Saints go out west to the Los Angeles Rams.

* The Saturday doubleheader begins with Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals playing at the Pittsburgh Steelers in an AFC North showdown.

* The Buffalo Bills also play this Saturday, going out west to entertain the Los Angeles Chargers.

* With every team besides Tennessee at 8-6 overall in the AFC South, the Houston Texans will be back home to host the Cleveland Browns in a Sunday afternoon showdown. If HOU wins and if JAX and IND lose, Houston will be atop the AFC South.

* The Indianapolis Colts will be at the Atlanta Falcons. AFC South meets NFC South in the ATL.

* After losing in Overtime to Houston, the Houston Oilers will revert back to the Tennessee Titans and host the Seattle Seahawks. Seattle came off of stunning Philadelphia late on Monday Night Football.

* Can Joey D's Detroit Lions keep the good times rolling when they are at the Minnesota Vikings for an NFC North showdown?

* Two eliminated teams square off in the shadow of New York City when Blitz24's New York Jets host the Washington Commanders.

* Can Carolina make it back-to-back wins when the Panthers host the Green Bay Packers?

* Sunshine State Showdown- the AFC South-leading Jacksonville Jaguars will be at the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

* Omnis' Miami Dolphins will host the Dallas Cowboys. NFC East meets AFC East.

* Sunday Night Football this week involves the New England Patriots going a Mile High to meet the Denver Broncos.

* Christmas Day will have a triple header for Monday!
** The Las Vegas Raiders will hit the road and meet the Kansas City Chiefs in AFC West play.

** The New York Giants will be in an NFC East battle at the Philadelphia Eagles.

** The only non-division battle on Christmas is the nightcap of the Baltimore Ravens at the San Francisco 49ers.

This is going to be one busy week! Enjoy this week's games!

I'm thinking the Jets will take the L to the Commanders if Siemen starts because he is somehow worst than Zach Wilson. Never thought I would be wishing for Zach Wilson to start 🤣

Let's begin this set of games on Christmas weekend with the National Football League! Tonight is 'dem Saints at 'dem Rams. Can 'dem Rams beat 'dem Saints? Find out tonight in Inglewood, CA.

Enjoy tonight's game should you be watching or following!

I’ve given up trying to understand the Steelers. A real rollercoaster of a season. It’ll probably end up with the usual 9-8, missing both the playoffs and a decent draft slot.

Merry Christmas... Eve! I'm sorry I didn't hype up yesterday's games, but allow me to make amends by highlighting on scores.

* It was easy money for the Pittsburgh Steelers, trouncing the visiting Cincinnati Bengals 34-11.

* The Los Angeles Chargers lost at home 24-22 to the visiting Buffalo Bills.

A lot of games are going to happen on this Christmas Eve, with the nightcap being the New England Patriots at the Denver Broncos for Sunday Night Football. Enjoy this Christmas Eve of NFL football!

I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I haven't been this hyped for a football game in a long time. I was 6 the last time the Lions won the division.

Straight clowned. Even though the Houston Texans made things interesting in the 4th Quarter, the Cleveland Browns took down the Texans 36-22. Cleveland pretty much locked in their Wild Card berth. On Cleveland's arrogance alone, the Texans should have stuck it to the Browns. The Texans just weren't feeling it today, though. Now the Texans may have to win out and hope the other Wild Card teams stumble to have any playoff hope.

We got a little help as the Colts got roughed up at Atlanta. Misery loves company, so everybody else who stand in the Texans' way better lose for the Texans to have a playoff chance.

Up next- a game that is inconsequential for Houston's playoff hopes, hosting the Tennessee Titans on New Year's Eve.

Congratulations to all other winners of this week's games!

You still with us? Congrats on the division win.
You know it!

It was rough, but a win is a win and I really hope we don't end up having to face the Vikings again in the first round of the playoffs. But hey this is the second time they've won the division in my lifetime. I still have little confidence going into the playoffs, but I'm just here to enjoy the ride.

Yes... Joey D's Detroit Lions are IN and are NFC North Champs. Congratulations! Congratulations are also in order for Omnis' Miami Dolphins, as they got themselves a Playoffs berth by defeating Dallas.

Panthers lost but at least they put up a good fight (could argue that they maybe should have won if not for a couple of dodgy calls from the refs). But Bryce Young was electric in the 2nd half. Put some respect on his name.😤

Last edited:
You know it!

It was rough, but a win is a win and I really hope we don't end up having to face the Vikings again in the first round of the playoffs. But hey this is the second time they've won the division in my lifetime. I still have little confidence going into the playoffs, but I'm just here to enjoy the ride.
From the fan of one cat team to another, congrats! Enjoy the moment.

I got to witness a hapless Bengals team go 15 straight seasons from 1990 to 2005 between division wins. Hell, they couldn't even wild card their way into the the postseason any of those years. And of course it took ANOTHER 16 years to actually WIN a playoff game, but it lead to the Super Bowl. While they didn't win the big one, it was nice to see them make it there after so many years of failure.

I wonder when McDaniel is going to learn to not go for it on 4th down against slugfest defenses. I'm happy that decision didn't come back to bite them. Hope Waddle's going to be OK. The Cowboys really wore out our O-line they were gassed all night.

My favorite part of the game:

Praying the 'Fins re-sign this guy.

@Joey D

:cheers:

Last edited:
Merry Christmas, GTPlaneteers! While you are enjoying the present(s) you got (granted you been a good person), the National Football League wants to offer you their gift to you on this Christmas Day- three NFL matches. Here are the games to be played today:

• LV Raiders at KC Chiefs
  • NYG Giants at PHI Eagles
  • BAL Ravens at SF 49ers

Should any or all of these games interest you, should you have interest in betting or players on your fantasy team with these games, or if you're hoping certain teams win or lose to help your team make the Playoffs; enjoy this Christmas slate of games!

Ugly ugly game for the Texans yesterday. Though the roster was decimated by injuries to the D line and backs. Amari Cooper playing like prime Jerry Rice and TO rolled into one mind you. Hopefully CJ is back next week.

In delightful news my fantasy playoff opponent had Amari Cooper sitting on his bench which baring some kind of miracle should see me through to the final!.

Ugly ugly game for the Texans yesterday. Though the roster was decimated by injuries to the D line and backs. Amari Cooper playing like prime Jerry Rice and TO rolled into one mind you. Hopefully CJ is back next week.

In delightful news my fantasy playoff opponent had Amari Cooper sitting on his bench which baring some kind of miracle should see me through to the final!.
I only saw most of the 2nd half, 2:30 left in the 3rd onwards. To hear that CLE's kicker got injured along with three defenders for HOU, this just was not a very happy day in Houston. There are now currently about six teams all with a record of 8-7 as of the time of this post. Three of them here in the AFC South. In typical Houston sports fashion, either we fail while nearby contenders fail also, or we win while nearby contenders also win. It's usually rarely "we win, nearby contenders fail." I want the Houston Texans to make the Playoffs, but I don't think we'll make it. A LOT of help is going to be needed for Houston to make the postseason. Even if we do make the playoffs, going very far probably isn't possible.

I do think DeMeco Ryans should be a Coach of the Year contender even if we miss the Playoffs. We went from a revolving door of coaches and a struggling QB to having a very exciting and much improved season. This team will probably make more noise in 2024 than in 2023, but at least the Texans are slowly coming back to being a contender.

Last edited:
It's Week 17 and there's still a chance that the Lions get the #1 seed in the NFC. Is it likely? Probably not, but if the Rams beat the 9ers with the Lions winning out, it's happening. That would be Stafford's final gift to Detroit, and I'd be forever grateful. Out of the last two games, weirdly Dallas seems beatable while the Vikings seemed poised to play spoiler. The Lions are 4-0 in primetime and they play extremely well on the road while the Cowboys are 7-0 at home.

However it plays out, at this point in the season, I'm typically focused on reading up on draft picks and trying to rationalize how next year will definitely be the year the Lions turn it around, not looking at scenarios to be the #1 seed. Even if the Lions go one and done in the playoffs, I still hang the banner.

Here are your Christmas results:

* The Las Vegas Raiders took care of the Kansas City Chiefs 20-14 in Kansas City, MO.

* The Philadelphia Eagles held serve at home against the New York Giants 33-25.

* In a game that seemed like a Super Bowl preview on paper, the Baltimore Ravens went into Santa Clara and smashed the San Francisco 49ers 33-19. Brock Purdy got picked off four times in this game.

And on that note, welcome to the penultimate week of NFL football in 2023- Week 17! Let's see what changes we'll need to make about the Playoffs picture (changes in italics):

--- PLAYOFFS PICTURE: IN! ---
...AFC East Champions...
...AFC North Champions...
...AFC South Champions...
...AFC West Champions...
...AFC Wild Card 1...
...AFC Wild Card 2...
...AFC Wild Card 3...
Baltimore (clinched berth)
Miami (clinced berth)
...NFC East Champions...
Detroit (NFC North Champions)
...NFC South Champions...
San Francisco (NFC West Champions)
Dallas (clinched berth)
Philadelphia (clinched berth)

--- PLAYOFFS PICTURE: OUT... ---
  • TEN Titans
  • NYJ Jets
  • NE Patriots
* LAC Chargers
  • NYG Giants
  • WAS Commanders
  • ARI Cardinals
  • CAR Panthers <<< still worst record (2-13)

More teams will get in, more will get 86ed from playoffs contention. Now a look at some of this week's games heading into the new year:

* With a good chance of getting a Wild Card spot, the Cleveland Browns will try to fend off Blitz24's visiting New York Jets.

* Could these two meet in the NFC Championship game or even as a regular Playoffs match? We got Joey D's Detroit Lions going down to Dallas to battle the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday afternoon.

* The Houston Texans eliminated the Tennessee Titans from the playoffs earlier this season. If the Texans fail to sink the Titans again, Houston's playoff hopes will be likely dashed. Houston is one of many teams sitting at 8-7.

* Jump_Ace's New York Giants will see the Los Angeles Rams invade MetLife Stadium.

* It's a cat fight involving two South teams. The Carolina Panthers of the NFC South will try to upset the AFC South's Jacksonville Jaguars (an 8-7 team) in Jacksonville.

* Omnis' Playoffs-bound Miami Dolphins will try to ground the Baltimore Ravens after embarrassing the San Francisco 49ers on Christmas Day.

* With both teams having been featured in Snickers commercials, there will be no laughing matter between Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals at the Kansas City Chiefs. They are the CHIEFS, not the Chefs.

* With no game on New Year's Day, the final game of 2023 is in Minneapolis with the Minnesota Vikings hosting the Green Bay Packers. Both teams are 7-8 for this Sunday Night Football match.

Enjoy this final week of 2023 NFL action!

Last edited:
It's Week 17 and there's still a chance that the Lions get the #1 seed in the NFC. Is it likely? Probably not, but if the Rams beat the 9ers with the Lions winning out, it's happening. That would be Stafford's final gift to Detroit, and I'd be forever grateful.
We can but hope. We don't beat the 9ers in the regular season but they might not need a result.

Knowing the Jets they will probably win their last 2 games just because they can. And fans will wonder why didn't do this earlier? The simple answer is their the Jets and that's what they do. Looking forward to the Ravens v. Dolphins. I hope the Ravens win.

I only saw most of the 2nd half, 2:30 left in the 3rd onwards. To hear that CLE's kicker got injured along with three defenders for HOU, this just was not a very happy day in Houston. There are now currently about six teams all with a record of 8-7 as of the time of this post. Three of them here in the AFC South. In typical Houston sports fashion, either we fail while nearby contenders fail also, or we win while nearby contenders also win. It's usually rarely "we win, nearby contenders fail." I want the Houston Texans to make the Playoffs, but I don't think we'll make it. A LOT of help is going to be needed for Houston to make the postseason. Even if we do make the playoffs, going very far probably isn't possible.

I do think DeMeco Ryans should be a Coach of the Year contender even if we miss the Playoffs. We went from a revolving door of coaches and a struggling QB to having a very exciting and much improved season. This team will probably make more noise in 2024 than in 2023, but at least the Texans are slowly coming back to being a contender.
The amazing thing is right now we control our own destiny. Win the next 2 and we have a wildcard at least. Completely unexpected and for me ahead of schedule. Playing meaningful football in December was not what I saw coming. Was thinking 6-7 wins this year.

I think there is some cap room from next year so hopefully we keep CJ healthy and improving so we ride the excitement train for a good few seasons.

Also this week, Steelers at Seahawks, a rematch of the first Pittsburgh Super Bowl win I saw.
Terrible game it was but who cares.

The championship game that year?
1703781741203.png

Flacco plays for the Browns leading them to a Super Bowl means he gets a revenge game against the Ravens. The Lions also get to beat Matt Stafford at Ford Field. As an added bonus, we get a Super Bowl sans Taylor Swift.

Inject this fanfiction directly into my veins.

Back