2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
The 7-5 Houston Texans will be at the 4-8 New York Jets. You know what they say- "you are what your record is." This logic would suggest Houston should win this game. As we all know, though, there's logic and then reality. All the predictions about this game are primarily about the teams' two defensive squads. Houston obviously needs to win to maintain their Wild Card hopes. I don't think Jacksonville is going to fall apart for us to have a chance at taking the AFC South. So all we'll need to do is handle our business. Besides that, some of the other current Wild Card teams will have to falter just for some insurance.

You can't take any opponent lightly at this stage of the season. Even the most weak sauce teams can still stun you like when mid-majors beat top-level schools in college basketball. Teams with nothing to lose can be the most dangerous. You have to play consistent- you can have an off-game, but you still have to find a way to somehow win. You can't win 'em all, but you can at least try to win as many games as possible.

The 7-5 Houston Texans will be at the 4-8 New York Jets. You know what they say- "you are what your record is." This logic would suggest Houston should win this game. As we all know, though, there's logic and then reality. All the predictions about this game are primarily about the teams' two defensive squads. Houston obviously needs to win to maintain their Wild Card hopes. I don't think Jacksonville is going to fall apart for us to have a chance at taking the AFC South. So all we'll need to do is handle our business. Besides that, some of the other current Wild Card teams will have to falter just for some insurance.

You can't take any opponent lightly at this stage of the season. Even the most weak sauce teams can still stun you like when mid-majors beat top-level schools in college basketball. Teams with nothing to lose can be the most dangerous. You have to play consistent- you can have an off-game, but you still have to find a way to somehow win. You can't win 'em all, but you can at least try to win as many games as possible.
If the Texans lose to the Jets, they do not deserve to make the playoffs, full stop. This team is historically bad on offense. If you score 17 points on them, you win the game.

* Thursday Night Football is in the Steel City as the Pittsburgh Steelers host the woeful New England Patriots, who lost 6-0 last week.
Apologising in advance for anyone who tunes in - this may be extremely awful.

Let's conduct an experiment. Let's put two NFL teams on a football field in Pittsburgh and have them play a football game tonight. What can possibly go wrong? Hey- it might be better an experiment than your Science Fair volcano experiment that nearly contaminated the school.

Anyhow, enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

Let's conduct an experiment. Let's put two NFL teams on a football field in Pittsburgh and have them play a football game tonight. What can possibly go wrong?
Dark Knight Football GIF by Legendary Entertainment

That's the Steelers offence imploding.

I have to disagree with you on this sir. The Jets will not score more than 1 touchdown so unless they win 7-3 the Texans should win. They can have an off game and still beat the Jets. But just because I said this Zach Wilson will ball out and throw 4 TDs 🤣 :lol:

kjb
I have to disagree with you on this sir. The Jets will not score more than 1 touchdown so unless they win 7-3 the Texans should win. They can have an off game and still beat the Jets. But just because I said this Zach Wilson will ball out and throw 4 TDs 🤣 :lol:
Sir, turn off Madden. It is scrambling your perception of reality.

Anyhow, enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!
No one is going to be enjoying tonight's game.
I haven't been keeping up with the Steelers much. But from what I've heard, Kenny Pickett hasn't been doing too hot.
He hasn't, but now he's injured and probably out for the season. So Steelers fans now get Mitch Trubisky, which is just awful.

No one is going to be enjoying tonight's game.

He hasn't, but now he's injured and probably out for the season. So Steelers fans now get Mitch Trubisky, which is just awful.
The winner might enjoy tonight briefly if it is Pittsburgh. Otherwise, nobody will.

Last edited:
Sir, turn off Madden. It is scrambling your perception of reality.
Anything is possible. But I don't seriously believe it will happen this is the Jets. I am only looking forward to them improving their draft position as I do every year around this time 😁

Mitch Trubisky is certainly one of the quarterbacks to ever play the game.

And at least this game isn't nearly as ass as I thought it would be. Zappe actually looks serviceable. I mean he's not turning the Pats around, but 3 TDs? I've seen worse.

Mitch Trubisky is certainly one of the quarterbacks to ever play the game.

And at least this game isn't nearly as ass as I thought it would be. Zappe actually looks serviceable. I mean he's not turning the Pats around, but 3 TDs? I've seen worse.
3TDs is like above par, yeah? There's many a games where I wish we had 3 TDs, or even one! :lol:

Jerome

As usual the Steelers play down to the opposition. 2 straight losses against 2 win teams. Another mediocre season likely missing the playoffs.

Wow looks like even though I was joking the Jets might score 28 points. Zach Wilson has 2 TDs and the Jets have scored 21. @JohnBM01 this one might be over. But we'll see how things go

kjb
Wow looks like even though I was joking the Jets might score 28 points. Zach Wilson has 2 TDs and the Jets have scored 21. @JohnBM01 this one might be over. But we'll see how things go
They have 27 now. You jinxed them from getting 28. Houston has had no luck today passing.

Last edited:
@kjb You're doggone right it's over, and I'm upset. You see why I don't pick my team(s) to easily win over losing record teams? It is the "any given Sunday" mentality that rears its head.

I didn't see the first half because I took a nap. I then look at my smartphone saying it was 7-0 Jets. I saw another smartphone notification saying there are some shoddy officials to call this game. Watch the game, and all of a sudden scoring happens, mostly for the guys in green. Blitz24's Jets whack my Texans 30-6. Having no Tank Dell (out for season), Nico Collins going down, and CJ Stroud having been tested for a concussion, and dealing with rainy conditions did nothing to help the Texans on this day.

Up next: at the Tennessee Titans. The pressure is on to try to make the postseason at this point. Even the weakest teams can pose the biggest threat- even including the last place AFC South Titans.

Congratulations to all other winners this week!

They have 27 now. You jinxed them from getting 28. Houston has had no luck today passing.
They made it to 30. Hopefully they score next week. It's very frustrating to see how well the defense has played most of the year and think what the record could if they played the rest of the season like today. Anyways it is what is and I am happy they won.

The Lions are becoming increasingly miserable to watch. No spark on offense and a defense that has holes you can drive a truck though. It's not a good combination and they need to turn it around fast.

At least Minnesota looked downright awful even if they won.

The Lions are becoming increasingly miserable to watch. No spark on offense and a defense that has holes you can drive a truck though. It's not a good combination and they need to turn it around fast.

I am not sure what has happened with the Lions. I thought for sure they would right the ship today. Not sure if they got full of themselves or what but they don't look like the same team as the one that started the season

Sometimes, those weeks happen in the NFL. Nothing is ever guaranteed. The teams you expect or predict to win end up failing. You never get a consistent picture about any team. That even includes the almost-perfect New England Patriots in the 2000s who won every game... except the Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

In Typical Houston sports fashion, if everyone else fails, we also fail. Not able to capitalize on others' woes gets old for us. There is still a lot of season left, but you hate weeks like this where would-be wins or should-have-won games just don't happen for your beloved team(s). I'm sure the Steelers know what I'm talking about from this week's games.

Can't win 'em all, but still. Dang.

Where they playing soccer today? 3-0, for reals?

Jerome

I'm reallllly happy I stopped doing those power rankings. This is the most unpredictable NFL season I have ever seen.

Titans at Dolphins and Packers at Giants, both TONIGHT!

This edition of Monday Night Football has two games on the card. So get ready for double the action tonight! Omnis' Miami Dolphins will host the Tennessee Titans; and after fans were pleased the Jets whacked my Houston Texans, the other New York City team will look to keep the good vibes going when the Green Bay Packers come to town. Here's a breakdown for you all...

--- INFORMATION ---
Last Place AFC South will attempt to upset the AFC East leaders on the road.
  • TEN Titans (4-8, last AFC South) at MIA Dolphins (9-3, 1st AFC East)
  • TEN: 0-6 away; MIA: 5-0 home
  • FAVORED: MIA (-14)
  • OVER/UNDER: 46.5 points

Two teams in the lower half of their respective divisions collide in the shadow of New York City.
  • GB Packers (6-6, 3rd NFC North) at NYG Giants (4-8, 3rd NFC East)
  • FAVORED: GB (-6)
  • OVER/UNDER: 36.5 points

Enjoy all of tonight's action! That even includes if you have players playing for your fantasy team or if you hope one team loses to help your team's playoff chances.

All I want for my birthday today is a W tonight :lol:

Jerome

Last night's winners:

• TEN Titans at MIA Dolphins (28-27; Tennessee)
  • GB Packers at NYG Giants (24-22; New York Giants)

The 2023 NFL season is winding down... welcome to Week 15! There will be action for four days of the week this week. There will be the Thursday Night action, but also Saturday through Monday. So here is a look at some of the games this coming week:

* An AFC West showdown happens at the site of Super Bowl LVIII as the Los Angeles Chargers visit the Las Vegas Raiders.

* North meets north as the NFC North's Minnesota Vikings enter Cincinnati to meet Dolph Drago's Cincinnati Bengals of the AFC North on Saturday.

* The Indianapolis Colts will host the Pittsburgh Steelers on Saturday.

* Denver will go from a Mile High to MoTown as the Broncos enter the [Detroit] Lions Den this Saturday.

* With CJ Stroud concussed, the hopes of the Houston Texans making the playoffs this season seems sketchy. They'll try to keep their hopes up at their rival Tennessee Titans.

* Inner-forum rivalry time again! Blitz24's New York Jets look to make it back-to-back wins when they go down to Miami to meet Omnis' Miami Dolphins.

* The New England Patriots are basically playing their de facto AFC Championship game when they will host the Kansas City Chiefs.

* Can the Dallas Cowboys defeat the Buffalo Bills on the road?

* Sunday Night Football has the AFC in vogue as the Baltimore Ravens of the AFC North go down to Jacksonville to meet the Jacksonville Jaguars.

* Birds of different feathers collide for Monday Night Football as the Philadelphia Eagles are at the Seattle Seahawks.

That's some of the many games this week.

As I mentioned earlier, CJ Stroud got concussed after the Texans' blowout loss at the New York Jets on Sunday. His status is unknown heading into the at Titans game this Sunday. The injuries may be catching up to the Texans and may put the possible playoff push a bit out of reach.

Enjoy this week's games!

Dolphins sucks. Tua is not him. Tyreek MVP
When I turned that game on last night the Titans had just muffed that punt. Dolphins score, then another Titans fumble, Dolphins score again and I thought game over. Not so fast my friend.

Back