2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
kjb
Well the Jets finally benched Zach Wilson. He was 7-15 for 81 yds and 5 sacks. He also threw a TD. Too bad the game is already over. They're down 29-6 in the 4th qtr. Of course Tim Boyle is moving the team and Garret Wilson gets stripped and Buffalo recovers. I guess the Jets gonna Jet 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️😓
I wish the issue is the QB. The Jets don't have a QB but they also don't have an offensive line. Wilson SHOULD be gone after this year and the Jets should ask Rodgers (or just do it anyways) and draft a QB with their first round pick to sit behind him so he can learn how to play. I'm questioning if any of the staff should remain though.

Anyone else already excited for the Draft?
For the first time in a long time, I'm actually not trying to figure out draftees. Typically, at this point in the season, I'm trying to figure out who in the top 10 would be the best fit for Detroit because I'm completely zoned out. I don't even know much about this class other than Kool-Aid McKinstry has the best name.

Sunday Night Football ended 21-20 in favor of the Denver Broncos over the Minnesota Vikings. Now...

Eagles at Chiefs TONIGHT!

--- INFORMATION ---
A rematch of Super Bowl LVII ends this week of NFL football.

• PHI Eagles (8-1, 1st in NFC East) at KC Chiefs (7-2; 1st in AFC West)
  • FAVORED: KC (-2.5)
  • OVER/UNDER: 45.5 points

An absolute cracker of a match happens tonight. You love it when a prime time game features two powerful teams going at it. Kansas City won the latest Super Bowl. Who will win this one (pending it doesn't tie)? Also, have your Bingo card ready to mark up if Taylor Swift is shown or mentioned at all tonight.

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

She's on tour in South America right now and has a concert scheduled tonight in Rio de Janeiro. So I doubt she will be there tonight. But she might get mentioned though.

She's on tour in South America right now and has a concert scheduled tonight in Rio de Janeiro. So I doubt she will be there tonight. But she might get mentioned though.
I thought she already went to Rio cause I heard a fan died there due to the heat?

Jerome

Oh Canada. You sucked and I'm glad to see you gone, but Kenny hasn't helped. No excuses now.

Things Steelers fans can no longer do:

canada blame GIF

Happy Thanksgiving week, GTPlanet! We have now reached Week 12 of the 2023 season of the National Football League. Thanksgiving week means we have three games on tap. My Houston Texans even played on Thanksgiving in Detroit once. That even includes the tradition of the NFL playing in Detroit. And for the first-time ever, we have a Black Friday game. Let's get to some of this week's games, shall we?

* Detroit will see an NFC North clash between the Lions and the Green Bay Packers for Thanksgiving 2023.

* The Dallas Cowboys look for a Texas-size Thanksgiving, as they hope to feast on the visiting Washington Commanders in an NFC East battle.

* An all-NFC Thanksgiving concludes as the NFC West sees the San Francisco 49ers go up the Pacific coastline to meet the Seattle Seahawks.

* Two teams will make history as being the first teams to play on Black Friday. Omnis' Miami Dolphins will swim up the Atlantic coastline all the way up to the shadow of New York City to meet Blitz24's New York Jets. Yep- another inner-forum GTPlanet rivalry!

* My Houston Texans have a huge match coming up with the AFC South lead on the line. The Texans will host the Jacksonville Jaguars.

* Who Dey? Dey the Cincinnati Bengals, and Dolph Drago's Bengals will host the Pittsburgh Steelers.

* Jump Ace's New York Giants will host the New England Patriots, as the AFC East meets the NFC East.

* The Denver Broncos have been hot lately. The Mile High City will be rocking as the Cleveland Browns come to town.

* If you thought the recent F1 Las Vegas Grand Prix was a hot mess, maybe seeing the Las Vegas Raiders host the Kansas City Chiefs will be better among sporting events in Las Vegas.

* AFC North meets AFC West for Sunday Night Football as the Los Angeles Chargers will host the Baltimore Ravens.

* Monday Night Football this week involves the NFC North and two bitter rivals- Minnesota Vikings host the Chicago Bears.

I hope you all enjoy this week's action. May all of you be happy and safe this entire week, not just on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I just want to provide some quick commentary.

A lot of us have been enamored with the progress CJ Stroud has made. Well, he is human after all, and he is still a rookie. Probably getting rattled by the Arizona Cardinals' defense forced him into more mistakes than he usually makes. CJ Stroud had two interceptions all season heading into this past Sunday, ends up throwing three interceptions. I even saw a highlight package of CJ Stroud from his 2022 season at Ohio State, and he is an absolute magician. During his Preseason stumbles, he mentioned the pace of the NFL being much greater in the NFL than in college. Seems like he adjusted very quickly.

I am not really sure what levitates me to CJ Stroud the most. I mean, his personality and being a man of faith get to me. He's also sets the table very well for his running backs and wide receivers. If he's got to deliver on his own, he'll do it. I'd say his vision is amazing. It is almost as if his presence makes everybody else on the team better. They'll even make CJ Stroud really look good once running backs and wide outs extend plays for extra yardage and maybe even find the end zone. There isn't really one facet of him or his style that shines brightest. It is more the culmination of these elements that make CJ Stroud impressive. I bet even if CJ Stroud makes the Pro Bowl this season, he'll even make his fellow AFC players better.

We'll need all this and more when the Houston Texans host the Jacksonville Jaguars this weekend for a chance at taking the AFC South lead which JAX currently holds. So while CJ Stroud didn't have his best game overall against the Arizona Cardinals, he is a fast learner and will make any needed adjustments to gain the edge.

I don't think CJ Stroud will win the MVP this season. About the last time I recall a Texan being viable for the MVP, it was either JJ Watt or Deshaun Watson (but I want to say JJ Watt). We already have the most wins in a season since the NFL went from 16 games to 17 games right now. Three more wins by the Texans will have their first winning record since 2019 (10-6, made Playoffs). I'm just hopeful we can keep the good times rolling even with a handful of injuries the Texans have.

If only, the Jets could fire their offensive coordinator. But that would upset Aaron Rodgers so that's probably not going to happen

Just to put into perspective how weird it is that the team actually did this
I think when they fired their coach last it was a partial owner who essentially fired himself.

Get good, get noticed. The game next week between the Denver Broncos at the Houston Texans has been flexed from its late afternoon slot to an early afternoon slot for more exposure. Houston and Denver have been pretty hot this season so far. Houston started slow with losses at Baltimore and vs. Indianapolis to start the season. Denver seemed worthy of a 1st overall NFL Draft pick, starting the season 0-3 including getting destroyed 70-20 at Miami. Now, the Broncos have since won five out of their last seven games and appear to be a much better team than previously in the 2023 season. Both Houston and Denver are currently 2nd in their respective divisions.

Flexing a game to Monday Night is still in the plans for the NFL. However, I read the NFL didn't want to make Week 13 that week to flex a game to Monday Night. So maybe we'll see two better-than-average teams get flexed to Monday Night later this year.

Yes so far it seems the Broncos have this award for the season:
1700687583176.png

:lol:

Jerome

Happy Thanksgiving, GTPlanet! Well, my GTPlanet family, the National Football League will treat its fans from all over with three games today, including the traditional Thanksgiving game played in Detroit. All three games are division battles and all in the NFC. The Detroit Lions have an NFC North showdown against the Green Bay Packers today. The Washington Commanders will try to upstage the Dallas Cowboys in an NFC East showdown. For the nightcap, the San Francisco 49ers will spend their Thanksgiving 2023 in Seattle at the Seattle Seahawks.

Enjoy the Thanksgiving food, but also today's games!

I’m still rooting for the Lions in the 2nd half.

Jerome

I kind of saw most of the 1st Quarter of GB at DET and then took a nap. I was tired (not bored of the game). I guess Green Bay thought they scored enough points early to win the game. Green Bay ain't never scared, and they shown that starting with the deep bomb on the game's first play. Detroit responded nicely but bricked the extra point. After that, pretty much Green Bay pulling away. Final score: 29-22, Green Bay Packers.

I'm all for being ballsy during a game, but 4th and like 5 on your own 25 even though you are down, isn't the right call as there was too much time left on the clock.

Jerome

It was 45-10, as Dallas demolishes the Commanders. DaRon Bland of the Cowboys set an NFL record for the fifth pick-six in a single season. Washington was thinking upset; Dallas wasn't having none of that. Wow...

Welcome to Black Friday NFL Football! Omnis' Miami Dolphins. Blitz24's New York Jets. It's going down today at MetLife Stadium in this AFC East showdown. Enjoy today's game!

The Miami Dolphins, uh... took the New York Jets to the woodshed. I saw the 99-yard interception for a touchdown by Miami to close out the first half. It was not a good day for Jets fans. The New York Jets got grounded to the tune of a 34-13 smacking by the Dolphins.

The only Thanksgiving game I didn't mention was San Francisco going up the Pacific coastline to whack the Seattle Seahawks 31-13. So San Francisco maintains their NFC West lead.

More football coming this Sunday and this coming Monday night, so get psyched, y'all!

The Jets had more offensive production with their defense on the field. This was a horrible game though. Did you see Jaelan Phillips's achilles snap like a twig? You could literally see the shockwave propagate up his leg. Metlife is 2-0 vs achilles tendons. I hope he makes a miraculous recovery like Aaron Rodgers. Dude had all-pro potential and was definitely sniffing the pro bowl this year.

You got through Thanksgiving. You got through Black Friday. Will your beloved team(s) get through this week? Get ready for another Sunday of NFL football. Enjoy today's games, including the Sunday Night match with the Baltimore Ravens at the Los Angeles Chargers!

[UPDATE] BAL at LAC, not LAC at BAL. Changes made.

Last edited:
Steelers had gone over 50 games without 400 total yards offence, which is pretty pathetic. Finally sack the OC and look what happens.

The Houston Texans took on the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the Texans' three-game winning streak is snapped. Ammendola attempted a 58-yard field goal to tie the game, but it doinked off the bottom pole of the goal post. So Houston loses 24-21 to Jacksonville. The Texans are still in the AFC Wild Card race. The opportunity to lead the AFC South, meanwhile, went up in smoke. No late game magic this time. Great shame.

UP NEXT: The game flexed to noon- Houston Texans conclude this home stand with a game against the Denver Broncos.

Congratulations to all winners from this week! Shame the Texans aren't among this week's winners.

Last edited:
It almost seems like a valid tactic to have an injury early in the season so that when you come back now, you're fresh and healthier than every one else.

See Kyren Williams.

My apologies... BAL at LAC, not LAC at BAL. Anyhow, that one ended 20-10 in favor of Baltimore.

Bears at Vikings TONIGHT!

Midwestern rivals clash in Minneapolis with the NFC North in vogue.

--- INFORMATION ---
  • CHI Bears (3-8, 4th in NFC North) at MIN (6-5, 2nd in NFC North)
  • FAVORED: MIN (-3.0)
  • OVER/UNDER: 44.5 points

The Vikings play in an enclosed stadium, but the weather forecast calls for a clear/fair night with lows of 29 degrees Fahrenheit tonight. Bundle up!

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

Back