2023 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 706 comments
kjb
I said the same thing about the Jets before the season started. I know they have Aaron Rodgers but having a league average QB would be great right now. Possibly a league average OC too would help. Zach Wilson has showed that even as a backup he's not league average. The Jets should have won last night. Terrible game by everyone involved with that team. Everyone they bought in that is connected to Aaron Rodgers has been a terrible addition especially the OC. Oh well I guess it's time to start looking forward to the Jets Superbowl the draft
Each week it is a new gremlin that affects the team. This week it was stupid drive killing penalties by the offense.

Is CJ in MVP contention?. Kid is is something special. Nice to get the run game going this week for a change. Game was harder than it needed to be at the end. The schedule for us looks kind on paper for the rest of the season. But with the way the season is going anything is hard to predict. AFC South is up for grabs though.

Is CJ in MVP contention?
He belongs in the conversation, but I doubt he'll win it. I can't see a rookie getting the award, even if they deserve it. It'll probably end up being Hurts, Jackson, or Tua. CJ is impressive though, especially when you consider he was take at #2 instead of #1 and Young is struggling.

Check this stat out. I read from an E-Mail from Yahoo! Sports that the New England Patriots have lost 33 games since Tom Brady left the Pats four seasons ago. Those 33 losses are exactly half as many games Tom Brady has lost with the Patriots in 20 seasons playing for NE. Wow. It goes to show you how irreplaceable Tom Brady is, and also just how much the Patriots have fallen from grace since his departure.

Anyhow, get ready for Monday Night Football because...

Broncos at Bills TONIGHT!

The Denver Broncos gallop their way into upstate New York to meet the potent Buffalo Bills in an AFC showdown.

--- INFORMATION ---
  • DEN Broncos (3-5, 4th in AFC West) at BUF Bills (5-4, 2nd in AFC East)
  • FAVORED: BUF (-7.0)
  • OVER/UNDER: 47.5 points

There's your setup for tonight. I don't follow sports betting (though I am learning a lot about it), but I heard one Florida person netted as much as $5.5M USD on a four-leg single-game parlay on the Texans at Bengals game. Quite the pay day!

Anyhow, enjoy Monday Night Football tonight!

* This game was Kevin Harlan's 500th game called on CBS. I LOVE Kevin Harlan, so I'm proud for him on this.
Kevin Harlan is my favourite announcer. He's the only one I know and I love his voice and style.

Check this stat out. I read from an E-Mail from Yahoo! Sports that the New England Patriots have lost 33 games since Tom Brady left the Pats four seasons ago. Those 33 losses are exactly half as many games Tom Brady has lost with the Patriots in 20 seasons playing for NE. Wow. It goes to show you how irreplaceable Tom Brady is, and also just how much the Patriots have fallen from grace since his departure.

Anyhow, get ready for Monday Night Football because...

Broncos at Bills TONIGHT!

The Denver Broncos gallop their way into upstate New York to meet the potent Buffalo Bills in an AFC showdown.

--- INFORMATION ---
  • DEN Broncos (3-5, 4th in AFC West) at BUF Bills (5-4, 2nd in AFC East)
  • FAVORED: BUF (-7.0)
  • OVER/UNDER: 47.5 points

There's your setup for tonight. I don't follow sports betting (though I am learning a lot about it), but I heard one Florida person netted as much as $5.5M USD on a four-leg single-game parlay on the Texans at Bengals game. Quite the pay day!

Anyhow, enjoy Monday Night Football tonight!
Same could now be said for the buccaneers...they just aren't the same team without brady.....

He belongs in the conversation, but I doubt he'll win it. I can't see a rookie getting the award, even if they deserve it. It'll probably end up being Hurts, Jackson, or Tua. CJ is impressive though, especially when you consider he was take at #2 instead of #1 and Young is struggling.
I saw somewhere that Frank Reich wanted Stroud, but Tepper insisted on Young. Not sure how true this is, but I wouldn't be surprised. Meddling owners are the worst.

I saw somewhere that Frank Reich wanted Stroud, but Tepper insisted on Young. Not sure how true this is, but I wouldn't be surprised. Meddling owners are the worst.
Stroud wouldn't be Stroud if he was on the Panthers. I think Young can very good if they try to build around him

kjb
Stroud wouldn't be Stroud if he was on the Panthers. I think Young can very good if they try to build around him
True. But Young's size is still a major concern for me. I just think he's too small for this league. We'll see though.

Buffalo's mantra last night was "we'll snatch defeat from the jaws of victory no matter the cost."

I will say as a neutral that game was pretty entertaining.

It was 24-22 last night as the Denver Broncos downed the Buffalo Bills. Or in the words of Homer Simpson- "THE DENVER BRONCOS?!"

I got a LOT to discuss here, so prepare your "TL,DR" comments.

As we get deeper into the season, it is time to mention that "P" word- "playoffs." So we welcome Week 11 now. All games coming up are here in the United States of America. Let me provide a look at some of the upcoming games this week for you to discuss:

* A quick turnaround after a crushing loss last week is in order for the Cincinnati Bengals as they meet the Baltimore Ravens for Thursday Night Football. Last-place AFC North at first-place AFC North.

* The team that Baltimore lost to last week, the Cleveland Browns, will host the Pittsburgh Steelers.

* The Houston Texans have been on a high defeating Tampa Bay and at Cincinnati. Will the rebuilding Texans come back down to Earth when the Arizona Cardinals come to Houston?

* The Tennessee Titans will be at the Jacksonville Jaguars in a big AFC South showdown. A loss by Jacksonville and a Houston win can put the Texans and Jags in a tie for the AFC South lead.

* Bears are fierce, but so are Lions. The Chicago Bears will try to win by taking a trip to Joey D's [Detroit] Lions' Den.

* The Green Bay Packers hope to take the juice out of the Los Angeles Chargers at home.

* It's a long way from Las Vegas to Miami. Omnis' Miami Dolphins got to deal with the black and silver boys from Las Vegas- the Las Vegas Raiders.

* Jump Ace's New York Giants will try to take control over the Washington Commanders on the road.

* What about the other New York City team? You know- Blitz24's New York Jets? Well, they're going into upstate New York to meet the fledgling Buffalo Bills.

* You want more Primetime Denver Broncos? Well, you're going to get it as the Mile High boys will host the Minnesota Vikings for Sunday Night Football this week.

* Monday Night Football this week is a Super Bowl LVII rematch! It may also be the "Taylor Swift Bowl" with Philadelphia-area native Taylor's Philadelphia Eagles at be at the defending champion Kansas City Chiefs.

Many more games this week, as always. I just wanted to check off some of the games among active GTPlaneteers.

Before I close this post, I'd like to share some thoughts on CJ Stroud.

Obviously, I'm happy about the Houston Texans this season along with the strides made by CJ Stroud. He has done so much as a rookie in just over the halfway mark of the season than nearly some rookie quarterbacks an entire season. The season started with rough rides at Baltimore and home against Indianapolis. A lot of the later wins have been rather impressive. He's thrown two interceptions (actually three, one on a failed 2-point conversion), but his attempts and yards are impressive.

Honestly, I'm starting to like CJ Stroud more than almost all of when Deshaun Watson was with the Texans. CJ Stroud is a beast of a quarterback and has a good deal of personality. He's said some interesting things such as, "Houston fans deserve to be hyped." However, he also is very humble and selfless, often thanking God for opportunities. CJ Stroud just hits different. If CJ Stroud consistently sustains this level of performance, I guarantee you he will be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame at his career's end.

He is in the MVP conversation. No rookie has won MVP since Jim Brown in 1957. The reason why I don't think he will be MVP is possibly because of the Texans' record. The Texans are 5-4 so far this season. I am not sure if the MVP honor is only regular season, but I think Stroud would be MVP if the Texans went from AFC Wild Card to the Super Bowl or even win it. If the Texans win the AFC South, that could give him some MVP appeal. If the Texans somehow win their division and then get a Bye in the Playoffs, Stroud could very well be the 2023 MVP.

That's all. Enjoy Week 11!

Last edited:
CJ is good, but he has the element of surprise this year. If he manages to be just as good next season, then I'll be sold.

Jerome

The Texans' Denzel Perryman has been suspended for three games for "repeated violations of player safety conduct." He landed a helmet-to-helmet Personal Foul penalty on Cinncinati's Jamarr Chase. I heard his latest hit now marks about his 7th helmet-to-helmet the past two years and 2nd of this season. The fierce Texans' defense just got a good bit thinner with Perryman's suspension. With the three-game suspension, the Houston Texans will miss him with these next three games: Cardinals, Jaguars, and Broncos.

Elsewhere, Cleveland Browns' QB Deshaun Watson is DONE for the season to have shoulder surgery. It would have been interesting if he still played every game this season, including at my Houston Texans in Week 16. That isn't going to happen, unfortunately. The Browns will host the Pittsburgh Steelers for their next game.

An update on the D. Perryman suspension... he appealed the suspension, and it was dropped from a three-game suspension to a two-game suspension. So he probably can come back for the Broncos game.

Who dey? Dey the Cincinnati Bengals! Dey gon' take on dem' Ravens in Baltimore. It's last-place AFC North at first-place AFC North. Both teams are coming off of crushing losses at home on "walk-off" field goals. Who'll win this crucial AFC North match? Will Cincinnati save their season, or will Baltimore continue its hold on the AFC North lead? Find out tonight on Thursday Night Football!

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!

Who dey? Dey the Cincinnati Bengals! Dey gon' take on dem' Ravens in Baltimore. It's last-place AFC North at first-place AFC North. Both teams are coming off of crushing losses at home on "walk-off" field goals. Who'll win this crucial AFC North match? Will Cincinnati save their season, or will Baltimore continue its hold on the AFC North lead? Find out tonight on Thursday Night Football!

Enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching or following!
Can I root for a tie?

Ouch... 34-20, Baltimore over Cincinnati. Sorry, Dolph Drago...

Also unfortunately, I got some more bad news for Bengals Nation- Joe Burrow is done for the season with a wrist injury. It's going to be tough for the "Who Dey?" Nation to bounce back from this.

[OMISSION] Jake Browning will take over for Joe Burrow.

Last edited:
Joe Cool Injured Burrow. Thats too bad, good news is he is young and will be 100% for next season and help ensure his calf injury is solid too.

Jerome

Joe Cool Injured Burrow. Thats too bad, good news is he is young and will be 100% for next season and help ensure his calf injury is solid too.

Jerome
Until he gets an injury in camp. Every year it's something. I need a drink...

The wrister ain't a good one to have. Throwing hand, too? Joe's career could be done, for real. Hope not.

Will your favorite team(s) win, lose, or possibly draw? Granted your team isn't on a Bye week or already played this week, be sure to root on your favorite teams. The nightcap to this Sunday's action will be the Minnesota Vikings at Denver Broncos. Feel free to share your thoughts on the NFL action here with your fellow GTPlaneteers.

Enjoy today's games!

[UPDATE] MIN at DEN, not DEN at MIN. Changes made.

Last edited:
It was 21-16, Texans as Houston has now won three straight games. CJ Stroud did not have a balling performance like he normally does. He threw only two interceptions heading into this game. Today, he threw three interceptions. The Texans, though, still held serve to preserve the win against Kyler Murray and the Arizona Cardinals. CJ Stroud is human, after all...

Up next: Houston hosts Jacksonville, who dominated the Tennessee Titans at home today.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games!

Last edited:
Me watching the Lions today:

Sad Euro 2016 GIF

Well the Jets finally benched Zach Wilson. He was 7-15 for 81 yds and 5 sacks. He also threw a TD. Too bad the game is already over. They're down 29-6 in the 4th qtr. Of course Tim Boyle is moving the team and Garret Wilson gets stripped and Buffalo recovers. I guess the Jets gonna Jet 🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️😓

A Dub is a Dub, even if it is against the Commanders. Tommy played well, I'd almost say to groom him as a backup and move on from Tyrod, depending on how/who we draft. Anyone else already excited for the Draft?

Jerome

Back