2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
Yep. …. And look at the current top five and bottom five.

Edit: Well,… before the pit stops just then. :lol::sly:;)

Last edited:
Yep. …. And look at the current top five and bottom five.

Edit: Well,… before the pit stops just then. :lol::sly:;)
Wasn't the issue with the Mustangs race pace overtime, not natural pace as they do qualify pretty well? So judging before pit stops is a bit premature

Last edited:
Saw this coming. Even when Shane said that he'd be sticking around for '24. If he does manage to get to a deal. Wonder who would replace him as all the major candidates (I think) are under contract, aside from Waters?

Saw this coming. Even when Shane said that he'd be sticking around for '24. If he does manage to get to a deal. Wonder who would replace him as all the major candidates (I think) are under contract, aside from Waters?

Yeah, Blind Freddy could see this coming, especially after Saturdays race (I ended up watching it on Sunday morning).

Whincup and Stanaway have both thrown their hats in the ring so far, but I think they should give a young guy a go.

Edit: I'll just add a portion of my comment on SpeedCafe here regarding the Waters/Feeney incident. ''Proof that Feeney tapped the brake isn't proof of Waters impeding him.''

Last edited:

Well this makes things more interesting.
Would have loved to have been in the room when Barry Ryan found out. :lol:

Logical choice in the end with Waters apparently staying on at Tickford. Couldn't see T8 going with another rookie.

Last edited:
SVG's oval debut is going to be telecast on Foxtel/Kayo this morning for anyone that's interested (10.30EST I think).

On another note, does anyone else think T8 are just being dicks by holding out in order to try and drive down Will Browns stocks because he's now out of contract at the end of the year?

It'd be funny if WAU jumped in and snatched him up while they're (T8) dragging their feet.

Edit: I also found the articles about the T8 chassis' all having a different feel interesting. Doesn't say much for the design of the chassis IMHO.

Last edited:
SVG's oval debut is going to be telecast on Foxtel/Kayo this morning for anyone that's interested (10.30EST I think).

On another note, does anyone else think T8 are just being dicks by holding out in order to try and drive down Will Browns stocks because he's now out of contract at the end of the year?

It'd be funny if WAU jumped in and snatched him up while they're (T8) dragging their feet.

Edit: I also found the articles about the T8 chassis' all having a different feel interesting. Doesn't say much for the design of the chassis IMHO.
If Triple Eight are prolonging the signing, they deserve to be snagged

Can't lie. This is pretty dope. Amazing effort with the racesuit as well.

2023_PaceImages_13694-Social.jpg

Pye with BP backing is also very strong.

EV08-23-MH1_1163-1200x800.jpg

Last edited:
I’m actually watching live qualifying. Forgot how cool of a track The Bend is.

Would like to see a new GT3 & GT4 Mustang competing in a multi class event.

I’m actually watching live qualifying. Forgot how cool of a track The Bend is.

Would like to see a new GT3 & GT4 Mustang competing in a multi class event.
Nah, bring back the ALMS. That was such a good event and the LMP2 cars looked to really suit the track.

Almost went today, decided on the zoo instead ‘cause The Bend is no different to Antarctica at this time of year.

Stanaway confirmed at Grove next year to replace Reynolds.

Percat's exit from WAU has also been officially announced. Ryan Wood seems like the front runner for that seat.

Not really surprised by this. He was struggling to find consistent sponsorship.
A shame though. Would be an extremely handy co-driver, if he can't find a full time seat somewhere.

Last edited:
At the least he can say he got a legitimate win, with a top/legacy team. Not to mention those Bathurst podiums. Loads of drivers can’t say that. Co-drives and GT racing it is…

Not surprise about this announcement, but I’ll be interested to see how he goes. Reuniting with Frosty from their FPR days. Should be interesting.

Not surprise about this announcement, but I’ll be interested to see how he goes. Reuniting with Frosty from their FPR days. Should be interesting.
It'll be interesting as well, to hear any thoughts he has on how the Camaro is compared to the Mustang. If he's allowed to say anything that is. He might get in trouble with Skaife again. :lol:

A shame though. Would be an extremely handy co-driver, if he can't find a full time seat somewhere.
Yeah I'm worried that he won't get another full-time seat because he's one of the older drivers and probably not good enough for what a lot of teams supposedly want. They would rather back an unproven young talent instead... I'd really like him to replace Percat at Walkinshaw but that will be seen as a downgrade from what they had. I disagree with this obviously because he's been a total bust, having only recorded 1 podium I believe. It's too early for Ryan Wood to move up but I fear he'll get the seat because of sponsorship.:grumpy:

Back