2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
Oh, cool. Not only are we going to be lose one car from the grid (I guess it's all but confirmed now). We're also going to be losing the pre Bathurst enduro race as well...:rolleyes:

I can't believe they are willing to dump the pre Bathurst enduro race when the lack of one was the main culprit behind last year's Bathurst being a cluster from co-driver incidents, they need the pre Bathurst enduro to prepare.

Also, it isn't going to be smooth sailing for the main Drivers either, Singapore GP can be considered one of the most difficult races on the F1 calender and one of the reasons is how hot and humid it gets. With the Gen 3 cars being especially bad in that case, who knows how the drivers are going to feel.

Last edited:
Singapore GP can be considered one of the most difficult races on the F1 calender and one of the reasons is how hot and humid it gets. With the Gen 3 cars being especially bad in that case, who knows how the drivers are going to feel.
Five lap races like at the AGP??? The drivers will be fine :sly::dopey:;)

The cars though... :scared:

Last edited:
Oh, cool. Not only are we going to be lose one car from the grid (I guess it's all but confirmed now). We're also going to be losing the pre Bathurst enduro race as well...:rolleyes:

I hate how the Sandown 500 is being cast aside like it's nothing time and time again. It's like taking the Southern 500 off the NASCAR calendar - it's an historic event that's been part of Australian touring car racing since the start. I almost get the feeling that Sandown needs it's own Darlington '03 moment to stay on the calendar now because Supercars don't respect the past. These international endeavours only serve to distance the fans further and threaten the very existence of the series. Go back to QR. Go back to Winton. Heck, go back to bloody Mallala for all I care, just stay away from other markets. We need to hang on to our unique vehicles now more than ever and if the fans are pissed off, we won't have them.

It should be two 200km races IMHO. 340kms over a weekend just isn't enough. I doubt they'll get much of a crowd for Sunday's race.

And why would they decrease the amount of compulsory pit stops down to one in the 200km race when they don't know if they've fixed the tyre wear issue on the Ford yet? :confused: Three stopping Fords against one or two stopping Chevs? Pffft.

I don't think I'll bother with this series anymore. MotoGP, NASCAR, IndyCar and even F1 have all been far better to watch than what was my favourite motorsport. Sad, but they've really screwed the pooch recently.

I quite like the Sprint race formats myself, I actually prefer the 2014 style of 2 Sprint Races on Saturday and longer race on Sunday. Each have their benefits and it's great to see both in action with the longer Sunday one feeling like it has more weight

Last edited:
It should be two 200km races IMHO. 340kms over a weekend just isn't enough. I doubt they'll get much of a crowd for Sunday's race.

And why would they decrease the amount of compulsory pit stops down to one in the 200km race when they don't know if they've fixed the tyre wear issue on the Ford yet? :confused: Three stopping Fords against one or two stopping Chevs? Pffft.

I don't think I'll bother with this series anymore. MotoGP, NASCAR, IndyCar and even F1 have all been far better to watch than what was my favourite motorsport. Sad, but they've really screwed the pooch recently.
I don’t think you are the only one that feels this way. Just sucks.

I quite like the Sprint race formats myself, I actually prefer the 2014 style of 2 Sprint Races on Saturday and longer race on Sunday. Each have their benefits and it's great to see both in action with the longer Sunday one feeling like it has more weight
Two Saturday 100km sprints and a 200-250km Sunday race wouldn't be a bad mix at most tracks.

The SMP 200km Saturday night race plus an 140km Sunday race seems a bit of an odd format to me. On Saturday there's Practice (*edited) *1 & 2, Qualifying part 1, 2 & 3, and the 200km race. Sunday has a 15 minute qualifying session and an 140km race. It's very oddly weighted.

Last edited:
Two Saturday 100km sprints and a 200-250km Sunday race wouldn't be a bad mix at most tracks.

The SMP 200km Saturday night race plus an 140km Sunday race seems a bit of an odd format to me. On Saturday there's Practice (*edited) *1 & 2, Qualifying part 1, 2 & 3, and the 200km race. Sunday has a 15 minute qualifying session and an 140km race. It's very oddly weighted.
I think they are considering viewers. A Night Sunday race isn't entirely ideal to watch. Especially given the location (been to SMP a few times, surrounded by not much other than warehouses). People have work the next morning. They did do a single 300km Sunday Night Race the first time but the fact it was never applied again tells me it isn't exactly successful

It's why F1 only applies Night races to Eastern countries and even debating a Night race for Australia, so that Europeans can actually watch it.

Last edited:
I think they are considering viewers. A Night Sunday race isn't entirely ideal to watch. Especially given the location (been to SMP a few times, surrounded by not much other than warehouses). People have work the next morning. They did do a single 300km Sunday Night Race the first time but the fact it was never applied again tells me it isn't exactly successful

It's why F1 only applies Night races to Eastern countries and even debating a Night race for Australia, so that Europeans can actually watch it.
The Sunday race doesn't have to be a night race at all. Just have the Saturday one at night and leave the Sunday race as is at 3.30pm EST. I don't think it would be hard to increase it by 60kms to make it worthwhile for the people actually attending the event.

I know Saturday is the 'big' day but 15 minutes qualifying + 140km race on Sunday for the main drawcard is pathetic.

Given entries are as restrictive as they are (and will be more so for trying to go to Singapore). It is quite redundant

I honestly thought this would come sooner.

It seems like it could be another design issue if it could affect all the cars.
I had a drag bike that had a similar sleeve set-up in the frame to make for easy engine removal but after a while we detected very, very slight movement, to the point of being almost undetectable, in the cut-'n-shut sleeved section to be the cause of speed wobbles that were scaring the absolute 💩 out of us.
Could just as easily be something else though :sly:

Last edited:
Think if WAU are planning on replacing Percat. They would be far better off going with Ryan Wood (even if it takes him a couple of years to fully get up to speed), rather than Fabs. There's a hell of a lot more upside to Ryan.

Last edited:
Yeah, many racing series need to start digging in the new pile and leave the used pile alone.

Edit:
That was a tough penalty, but couldn’t call this top ten.

Edit2:
Good to see P1. Tight.

Edit3:
Wow. Nice nice lap by all four cars. Good job by Mostert.

Edit4:
:lol: Nah. I can’t side with Will on that one. Can’t be riding the brake like that. :lol:

Last edited:
Some very ‘old school’ racing tonight. It’s like Supercars saw the positive reaction to the Chicago NASCAR race and told the drivers “we want more of that”.

Minor off track with penalties. It's funny when a non-Triple Eight team gets a penalty, several fans (especially in speedcafe) claim it's Triple Eight in Supercars pockets and they have an unfair advantage but when the rule book is dropped on Triple Eight it's suddenly now on Supercars.

I think it's clear whoever is enforcing the rules in Supercars is inconsistent and needs to make iron clad decisions everywhere that applies to everyone.

Latest Posts

Back