2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
I’d have to ask the female race fans on this site, why they follow a series. That 18-34 demographic and increase in women following Supercars, I don’t know. It could be due to the interest from Netflix F1 series. That trickling down to all series of motorsports. Maybe Renee Gracie getting back Behind the wheel and the news that has sparked. Could just be Erebus having Betty’s team in the spotlight again.

Anyway, I’m not quite sure that’s how the saying admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.
Guess he’s into that alt life.

To be fair, the racing has been really good in spite of the awful balance issues and overall bad Gen 3 car quality, and the Championship is really close to keep people glued in.

To most casual viewers, they just want an exciting race with interesting unique cars and a close championship and don't care much about the ins and outs of the cars. It's why I think a one make series with a unique car would be a better direction than just adopting GT4 or GT3

It's too early for Ryan Wood to move up but I fear he'll get the seat because of sponsorship.:grumpy:
Yeah, I'm with you. As much of a talent as he looks, it is too soon for Wood to making the step up to the main game. Think it comes to down to him having sponsorship money and maybe WAU not wanting to risk losing him to someone else.

WTF is he on about? Are we watching the same racing category as he is? Am I the only that thinks this way?
I wonder if the Ford teams agree that the pain has been "worth it"? Going to guess no.

The close championship fight has been one good thing this year.

Last edited:
Guess this was inevitable.

Also I don't buy Tim Edwards quote saying that the sole motivation with downsizing is put all the focus on being a championship winning team. Everyone knows that Supercars themselves want a smaller grid, so they can do more international events.

Last edited:

Also I don't buy Tim Edwards quote saying that the sole motivation with downsizing is put all the focus on being a championship winning team. Everyone knows that Supercars themselves want a smaller grid, so they can do more international events.
Supercars wanting a smaller grid and Tickford being heavily in debt via a loan from Supercars. The loan will be factored into the buying back of the TRC's.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, did anyone else catch that when the Ford was supposed to be receiving a parity adjustment for the SMP event, Supercars decided to speed up the Camaro at the same time? They shortened the shift cut to match the Mustangs without telling the Ford teams, hence the perceived drag issue (that just as mysteriously disappeared at The Bend).

When will these flogs come clean :banghead:

Yeah this was inevitable. A shame really.

Supercars wanting a smaller grid and Tickford being heavily in debt via a loan from Supercars. The loan will be factored into the buying back of the TRC's.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

On another note, did anyone else catch that when the Ford was supposed to be receiving a parity adjustment for the SMP event, Supercars decided to speed up the Camaro at the same time? They shortened the shift cut to match the Mustangs without telling the Ford teams, hence the perceived drag issue (that just as mysteriously disappeared at The Bend).

When will these flogs come clean :banghead:
This is just annoying and disappointing.

I knew they'd go with him. Bugger.
I fear that my prediction about Scott Pye may come true, unless MSR step in.

Thought it was an article from a few years ago. They’re always saying “300 kilometres an hour” because of dropbears…

Allan Moffat XC Falcon retro livery for the Grove 'Stangs for Sandown.

DSC03262-1200x800.jpg

Looks the goods. I rate it.

Last edited:
Percat to Matt Stone on a multi year deal. Think this now officially means Scott Pye will be the one to miss out a full time seat.

Isn't this the team Kevin Estre will race with this weekend?
It is. Had forgotten that he had signed with them. Hope he goes well.

Percat to Matt Stone on a multi year deal. Think this now officially means Scott Pye will be the one to miss out a full time seat.

FUUUUUUU

Wait, PremiAir Racing haven't announced their 2024 lineup yet so there might still be a chance.

The thing I like about this year's Sandown 500 is that the "sprint" races for Saturday have been thrown in the bin. This means that the format has reverted back to how it was from 2003 - 2007! Yay!
It always caused chaos. Unnecessary damage, cars were destroyed sometimes. And I reckon this decision had the new cars in mind.

It always caused chaos. Unnecessary damage, cars were destroyed sometimes. And I reckon this decision had the new cars in mind.
I always found the format to be a bit odd compared to Bathurst and Gold Coast. Good to have some kind of continuity again after all these years. And yes I do agree that the decision was also made in the name of safety after looking back at some of the chaos from the past. I hope it stays this way from now on.

Going to be the hottest Sandown weekend I can remember. It’s not super hot but after how crap the weather has been, mid 20s feels like 40.

A band aid fix has been applied but odds on that Supercars have made it even worse? :lol:

The tweak appeared to help at Sandown, but the feeling from the Blue Oval camp is that shortening the shift cut might have a negative impact in race trim, in that it may create more wheelspin and thus increased tyre degradation.

Honestly I'll probably end up watching more of the development series than the actual enduro. Just to see how the WAU Commodores do.

Last edited:
A band aid fix has been applied but odds on that Supercars have made it even worse? :lol:

Yep, just what the Ford guys need, more rear tyre wear. :lol:

Why won't they adjust the Camaro to even them up? It only seems to ever gets sneaky performance enhancements.

Anyway, too little too late for me. Still no torque sensors or transient dyno testing when they were first called for last year is a ****en joke.

Back