2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
I’ve decided to basically blackout all V8Supercars news on my social media, other than V8Sleuth. After the last few years of my interest waning, I’ve really enjoyed this year. Obviously the Fords are an issue but, every single seeing nothing but doom and gloom over the category just made me realise I don’t need to hear or read any of it to enjoy it myself. For me, I’ve never really been aligned to manufacturer like I am with sports teams, so I’m just stoked we have a genuinely interesting battle for the championship, even though no Ford drivers currently have a realistic shot at it.
Yeah I guess you do have a point. I’m a T8 fan, but I do want a fair fight. And I do agree there is a lot of doom and gloom this year unfortunately, but hopefully at the end of the year they sort out the differences in the cars so we can have a great 2024 season. And yes we still have a title fight for this year, so it ain’t all that bad. But it can be better.

Grove Racing have revealed their Bathurst livery.

2ySj9apx

And BRT's Wildcard livery. Which is easily in contention for the best livery this year, imo.

o6fCuwMz

I’ve decided to basically blackout all V8Supercars news on my social media, other than V8Sleuth. After the last few years of my interest waning, I’ve really enjoyed this year. Obviously the Fords are an issue but, every single seeing nothing but doom and gloom over the category just made me realise I don’t need to hear or read any of it to enjoy it myself. For me, I’ve never really been aligned to manufacturer like I am with sports teams, so I’m just stoked we have a genuinely interesting battle for the championship, even though no Ford drivers currently have a realistic shot at it.
Yeah, that's fair and admittedly I have been one those of negative people just out of frustration about how things have been handled with the Gen3 cars, up to this point. As good as the championship battle has been, I haven't been able to get invested in it too much because of that. Hopefully 2024 has less distractions.

Last edited:

I think for the sake of the category they have to make these changes. It’s the one race where most of the country watches it. They need more competition. They have to approve it. If not the category higher ups should be removed.

That first comment is pretty spot on.
I’d laugh if Skaife says they need to build their own chassis and any “skin” can fit over that chassis. That they’d use the (V8)Supercars generic V8 and just go racing.

That first comment is pretty spot on.
I’d laugh if Skaife says they need to build their own chassis and any “skin” can fit over that chassis. That they’d use the (V8)Supercars generic V8 and just go racing.
Yeah the best way to ensure parity is to give all the teams the same thing. Same engine, same chassis, same suspension components. It's worked for NASCAR, so I don't see why it can't work here.

Yeah the best way to ensure parity is to give all the teams the same thing. Same engine, same chassis, same suspension components. It's worked for NASCAR, so I don't see why it can't work here.
Didn't Ford object to this notion wanting to promote their own engine?

I'm for it but wonder if it is possible

Disparity is proven and then oppose a fix for it... in a parity series? I have absolutely no respect at all now for the team responsible for this (and we all know who that is). Grubs.

Edit: One thing I do find reassuring though is the amount of GM supporters that are also appalled to find out there is genuine proven disparity and nothing is to be done about it.

Last edited:
I read about Roland Dane saying he’ll be watching Bathurst on tv. Basically, he’s saying, “I got mine.”

Maybe the Ford teams just need to “forget” to bolt the rear wings down. Didn’t seem to hurt Moffat at Sandown.

Unrelated, but watching the coverage this morning got me thinking we really need Tony Ricciardello’s Alfa Romeo GTV needs to be put in Gran Turismo. The machine has got to be one of the most iconic Australian racing cars.

Last edited:
What the hell has happened to the Supercars site. I need to create an account to be able to view the live timing now? What is this.

Edit: I guess the new site has been designed more for mobile use than PC because I can't get the entire timing screen to fit on the screen, even on classic view.

Last edited:
What the hell has happened to the Supercars site. I need to create an account to be able to view the live timing now? What is this.

Edit: I guess the new site has been designed more for mobile use than PC because I can't get the entire timing screen to fit on the screen, even on classic view.
And what happens in 2024? Paid app maybe?

Untitled.png

Last edited:
And what happens in 2024? Paid app maybe?
Yeah, have a feeling that's what it means. 👎

Wonder if Natsoft will continue to host the timing on their site? Might be what I have to use now.

Last edited:

I don’t know if you’re being sarcastic or not, but I reckon this bloke could spot bs on track when he sees it.
Did you see that bit in the interview? Pretty funny.

I wouldn't read much into any practice sessions to be honest. Every team has different programs for how they go about their preparation for the race... but I do agree, he'd be one to be able to spot BS.

Last edited:
I wouldn't read much into qualifying either. Ford's one lap pace isn't the really the issue. How they do over a full race stint though...
True. Fresh boots are a wonderful thing... especially the soft ones.

Bad luck the so called parity trigger is only supposed to take in fastest laps of X amount of cars from each brand averaged out (or something like that :crazy:) instead of adding times over a stint that would take tyre wear into account.

Crashes in the Gen 3 era, so far, appear to be so brutal. There looks like there’s absolutely no shock absorption at all.

Crashes in the Gen 3 era, so far, appear to be so brutal. There looks like there’s absolutely no shock absorption at all.
Feel like Fraser’s has been the only particularly big hit we’ve seen this year? They don’t seem to be any stiffer then last gen, still got the very soft body work on the rear end at least.

Crazy how quick Brodie has been this weekend. Like Mostert and Holdsworth in 2021.

Feel like Fraser’s has been the only particularly big hit we’ve seen this year? They don’t seem to be any stiffer then last gen, still got the very soft body work on the rear end at least.

Crazy how quick Brodie has been this weekend. Like Mostert and Holdsworth in 2021.
What I meant was the crashes just look so painful, regardless of the severity of the impact. But I dunno, maybe I’m just too used to the previous generation of cars.

What I meant was the crashes just look so painful, regardless of the severity of the impact. But I dunno, maybe I’m just too used to the previous generation of cars.
Yeah I thought that’s what you meant, don’t really see it myself though. Fraser’s accident would’ve felt nasty in any generation of car, I don’t see the new gen being any worse for absorption, unlike the new generation NASCAR with its rock hard chassis.

Back