2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
Just want to double post a different thought. Listen8ng to Brodie Kostecki just then, what if Supercars do testing at Bathurst?

I mean, all the testing. Listening to him say it was tough holding on. Isn’t that what make the drivers? If that’s the desired effect Supercars wanted and I guess feedback from the drivers, that should be what the category strives for. No matter the car(of course these soft tyres are probably the major factor this weekend).

So, it shouldn’t be a manufacturer war, but a driver contest. No doubt it’s a team sport, but having the Supercars and the teams put the cars together with the driver inputs to fine tune a bit, should yield the desired results.
It’s unfortunate the results are lopsided, but again, listening to Brodie, I think that’s what fans want to hear and see.

Edit: Oh and Simona relating how much she had to come to grips with the Gen3 car versus her last drive.

Last edited:
So the 300KPH barrier has actually been cracked this year.

Edit: This could be handy for the Ford teams next year. I'd normally be against this because in my view whoever wins the teams championship has earnt the best spot, but with this years asterisk against it...

Last edited:
Other than the accidents in Qualy, has felt like a pretty quiet set of practice sessions this year.

Sort of both excited and nervous for this tyre situation though.

Last edited:
I wish I can say I'm looking forward to it but I have my own racing I have to deal with first so I'm going to have to play catchup :(

Think Kostecki/Russell wins easily today. They have given me strong 2021 Mostert/Holdsworth vibes, with how dominate their car has looked all weekend. Only the RB's and the other Erebus can maybe put up some sort of challenge for them.

Last edited:
It’s pretty much going to be 20 degrees all day, with not much wind. Might mean drivers can push from the start. Of course teams will be conserving, but if one brand has better tyre life over the other, maybe that allows those cars to go faster and the other brand can’t keep up.

Think Kostecki/Russell wins easily today. They have given me strong 2021 Mostert/Holdsworth vibes, with how dominate their car has looked all weekend. Only the RB's and the other Erebus can maybe put up some sort of challenge for them.
Was a bit worried about how David Russell would go against the real top tier of co drivers like Whincup and Stanaway, but he’s really been holding his own so far. Seems like a good guy so would be happy to see him and Brodie win it. Just hope it’s a good race though.

David Russell always been a solid co-driver. Since he been with Erebus, the last few years, he’s finished top 5. Also helps he’s doing Carrera Cup to stay race fit.

:DThere's one Forza Motorsport sign on the Mountain Straight, on an otherwise very Pizza-Hut covered Mount Panorama.

edit: there's two

Last edited:
Know I'm late on this but its ridiculous for the Reynolds/Tander car to be given a pit lane penalty for something that could have so easily been redressed.

What? Now Pye is saying the Fords in a straight line are fast. Waters said the Fords are sitting ducks on the straights. :confused:

Edit: BJR should have given up two of their RECs. Just no luck with all four of those cars. Scale it back.

Last edited:
I was happier for an SVG win than previous years, but yeah the soft tyres killed the race. More safety cars in the back half could’ve made it interesting, but on the long runs everyone was too strewn out there to be any entertaining battles.

Didn’t actually realise Brown had fallen from the championship lead so far, basically a two horse race. Really hope Kostecki gets it done before SVG leaves, will feel like a much bigger victory to beat him whiles he’s here.

Last edited:

Shock horror.
The aforementioned source claims that Top 10 Shootout data shows the Mustangs were at a three to four-kilometre per hour deficit up Mountain Straight and down Conrod Straight.

Thought it was weird that Pye and SVG were talking up how fast the Ford's were down the straights. But I guess they were just trying to play down how much disparity there is/was between the two cars. Looking at the best lap times. Only two Fords managed a 2:07 during the race, compared to like half a dozen Camaros.

Last edited:
Gotta say that I was a bit surprised by this, but I'm not sure the shift cuts should've been equalized straight off, perhaps after practice 1 if needed, but good on them.

I was equally surprised by this (from @Twisteddrift's article)

''According to Supercars, the trigger must be hit in five consecutive races or five out of eight consecutive races and, notwithstanding that figures from both sides of the brand divide have told Speedcafe that the system is not formally part of the Teams Racing Charter (nor is it contained within the Operations Manual), it has been claimed from within the Chevrolet camp that it is a system to which all teams had agreed.''

What the ****!

Last edited:
👎 for SC.

It’s really messed up. I bet Ford saw the success DJRTP had a figured things had changed a bit. Hence, going all in supporting SC. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ford decides to leave.

Season opener should be Bathurst.

👎 for SC.
They (and several GM teams) were actually for the changes, it was Whincup that was against them (even though he agreed that the data said there was disparity). He even threatened legal action... over an (apparently) non-binding system that, as far as I can gather, is supposed to be more of a guide than a rule. It's certainly not in the Supercars Operational Manual.

Supercars and Ford need better lawyers... and to grow some stones and stop being bullied by Triple 8.

Back