2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments

He does make a good point. However, they still need to do this for the sake of the Ford teams. And maybe go back to normal for 2025.
Yes, I agree with you on both points highlighted, and JW does make a good point IMHO. (Edit: Wait, what? I just agreed with JW :odd::ill:) :sly:;)

To me it also feels like the Teams Championship is cheapened by possibly having the number one pit bay for only the first round.

Last edited:
To me, all the teams are professional. I don’t see that concern of safety, when all the teams appear to have safety as paramount. I find it hard to believe being between Tickford and BJR one week and then between DJR and WAU the next, is going to put a crew in jeopardy and feel less safe.

It turns out that I have tenuous connection to Scott Pye through my dad. In 1991 and 92, dad worked for Russell and son Chris Stuckey fitting tyres on behalf of Dunlop. In 2008, dad bumped into Chris whilst he was working with Tony D'Alberto, the car of which being owned by Rod Nash. This was quite a hilarious coincedence because Tony D'Alberto was one of my favourite drivers. In fact I liked to him soo much that I renamed my toy monkey called Alberto into Tony D'Alberto. Laughter ensued and I was lost for words. Anyway Rod Nash is the Managing Director for Tickford, a team Mark Winterbottom used to race for. He ran alongside car 55 with a number of different drivers (Jacques Villenueve, Christian Klien, Paul Dumbrell, David Reynolds, Chaz Mostert), the REC of which used to be owned by Rod Nash. Scott Pye is Winterbottom's current team mate (albeit not for much longer) at Team 18. Another crazy thing is that Chris Stuckey is Thomas Randle's engineer, current driver of car 55 and my brother's favourite. My dad accidentally bumped in THOMAS' DAD at the 2022 Sandown Historics. Wow wee. And if you want to take things even further, I'm connected to Shane Van Gisbergen because Scott Pye's engineer, Richard Hollway, used to be Chief Engineer at HRT. He therefore worked with Mark Skaife who drove with Craig Lowndes who drove with Jamie Whincup who was team mate to Shane Van Gisbergen. It all makes sense now.

Last edited:

Maybe a chance for Hazelwood to be on the grid next year full-time. I don’t think BJR have a driver in there Super2 team to step up to the main series.

Maybe a chance for Hazelwood to be on the grid next year full-time. I don’t think BJR have a driver in there Super2 team to step up to the main series.
Hooray! About time he buggered off because he didn't do anything. However Scott Pye must thinking "****" now but anyway, I hope BJR get a hold of someone who deserves a shot at the top level.

Can’t remember where I saw it, V8Sleuth maybe, but Zak Best was the talk to take the seat a week or two ago
Zak has been close for years. Hopefully he wraps up the Super2 title this weekend to boost his chances to join the grid next year.
Hooray! About time he buggered off because he didn't do anything. However Scott Pye must thinking "****" now but anyway, I hope BJR get a hold of someone who deserves a shot at the top level.
I reckon he won’t complain too much. Since he’s arguably got the best co-drive in the category. But still Shane’s right, he should be on the grid full-time.

Well, there are other good categories for Smith to spend money. Trans-Am, GT3/GT4, TCR. If I were in the game with sponsors & family money to spend, I’d be ringing Toyota Gazoo Racing Customer Motorsports for a Supra GT4.

Can’t remember where I saw it, V8Sleuth maybe, but Zak Best was the talk to take the seat a week or two ago
Yeah, I saw that article too. Not sure why Tickford didn't put Best in the Tradie entry this year. Massive score for BJR if the speculation is true.

Yeah, I saw that article too. Not sure why Tickford didn't put Best in the Tradie entry this year. Massive score for BJR if the speculation is true.
Yeah, I read it somewhere too. It was also mentioned that Best was rumoured to take the seat in the Speedcafe podcast (the one with Larko in it) I just finished listening to.

Last edited:
Just when I was writing off the series.

Ho-ly bleep bleep b-bleep bleep!!

Insert classic man clapping gif
The writing was on the wall when Tim sold his caravan. It's just a shame he doesn't start until January. I would've really liked to see him at the wind tunnel and transient dyno testing alongside Adrian Burgess.
Sidenote, I wonder who the team/teams said to be threatening legal action if AB joins Team 18 are? Fair chance it's a GM team well known for threatening legal action to get what they want, but with, from what I've read, no grounds at all for any legal recourse I'd like to see Charlie Schwerkolt call their bluff. I don't think the Ford guys would particularly care if AB goes to Team 18 as last years data from them is useless to a GM team... and it'll probably end up being useless to them as well.

Last edited:
Just when I was writing off the series.

Ho-ly bleep bleep b-bleep bleep!!

Insert classic man clapping gif
This is big news for the whole category. I hope he doesn't stuff things up.

It makes my eyes hurts a little but cool job from Tickford. The number change is a nice touch.

TICKFORD_KB43_2-1200x800.jpg

Last edited:
It makes my eyes hurts a little but cool job from Tickford. The number change is a nice touch.

Yeah. I was hoping for a different livery. But it’s still a great tribute to the great man.

I know it’s one of his trademark designs, but not for nothing, got this one from a European GT Mustang, in the GT Sport days.

The KB Tribute livery should have a bit more chromatic aberration to it.

Don’t think I’ve seen the turn 8 wall get moved so far back from an impact before. Big one in the Superutes.

I’m not entirely against the new enduro rule to be honest. For the 500, it’s always been really just get the co drivers out of the way as soon as possible, this now will slightly break that up.

Don’t think I’ve seen the turn 8 wall get moved so far back from an impact before. Big one in the Superutes.

I’m not entirely against the new enduro rule to be honest. For the 500, it’s always been really just get the co drivers out of the way as soon as possible, this now will slightly break that up.
I'd prefer it that way as well. It's a big show. People pay to see good racing, yes, but have the main drivers start the show.

Why? I can’t recall any major dramas happening, because of the co drivers this year. Just dumb in my opinion.
And apparently ******** according to Barry Ryan. He said in this (time stamped) interview that it was discussed but the commission didn't approve it.

Are SpeedCafe slowly turning in to the old Auto Action (Auto Fiction) or something? So many times this year though... where there's smoke, there's fire.

Edit: I was wondering whether Herrero from Speedcafe was becoming the new James Phelps but it seems as though Speedcafe got their information from The Daily Telegraph (I can't find the story though). Doesn't Phelps write for The Daily Telegraph?

Last edited:
And apparently ******** according to Barry Ryan. He said in this (time stamped) interview that it was discussed but the commission didn't approve it.

Are SpeedCafe slowly turning in to the old Auto Action (Auto Fiction) or something? So many times this year though... where there's smoke, there's fire.

Edit: I was wondering whether Herrero from Speedcafe was becoming the new James Phelps but it seems as though Speedcafe got their information from The Daily Telegraph (I can't find the story though). Doesn't Phelps write for The Daily Telegraph?

Oh, Lord… :banghead: thumbs down.

If anyone’s at the track this weekend, make sure to check out the Adelaide Z display (near Kindig Customs / pit straight).

With the help of the club members supplying footage & write-ups, I’ve made 90 second videos about nearly every car on display. Basically just walk up to a car, scan a QR code on its windscreen and you’ll go straight to me chatting about it on YouTube.

Its a bit of a whacky idea that I’ve not seen done before so I’m keen to see what the punters think of adding an interactive element to a car display :)
F260A047-D226-4AC9-B6D6-F3C5DCBB8033.jpeg
04178D18-690F-4513-8BD6-347A0FEBBEE4.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back