2024 Ferrari F80 - LaFerrari replacement (F250)

I have mixed feelings on this one. I'm not sold yet on the front end, that black "unibrow" seems a bit odd to me. I understand it on the 12Cilindri (which I'm not a big fan of) but here, I don't quite get the reasoning behind it. Other than that, the rest of the car looks impressive. That being said, hate or love it, it most certainly has that "this is something very special - presence" which I don't get enough of with the W1.

I guess now we only need to wait for Porsche to complete the set so we can compare old vs new trinity.

If Porsche manages to bring out the 918's succesor and have it look close to the Mission X concept, it will blow both the F80 and W1 out of the water on looks alone.
That would be cool to see. I hope they use it as inspiration for the successor of that car.

Side note, the more I look at the side profile of the F80, maybe it's just me but speaking of inspiration, the lines reminds me a bit of the Ferrari Vision GT that was released on GT7. Especially because of the wheel arches that are quite pronounced and the roof lines along with the door panel shape 🤔

Watched some footage of this in motion over the weekend. I assume it was from the Ferrari Clienti event at Imola.

I'm really not sure of it's looks now. That Daytona Plexiglass nose just looks odd and it's shape is also a bit slab sided, especially at the front as it pans passed the camera.

You don't so much notice it from the in-studio photos with studio lighting, but the way in which the headlights are integrated into the black strip, just doesn't work well in natural light. The black strip should have been the same height as the lights instead of being taller and having thin strips of black above them.

Last edited:
I'll be fair, both LaFerrari and the Enzo, neither were lookers at the time, to me anyway. We accept them now, I think partially because much worse designs have come out and we know where the barrel can be scraped. Enzo was an F1 body with lights and LaFerrari looked a bit out of sorts I guess? Plus if I squint it looks like a red Huayra.

But I think the most beautiful Ferraris of the last 25 years have been the 458 and the 296, even though the latter still has a rather busy looking back end.

This isn't a looker either, but I suppose that won't matter when it's being pushed to Vmax on the autobahn, or being crashed into a wall, or being hidden away in a garage.

I still think its a better looking car than the LaFerrari (I hated the front wing thing on that car so much) but it certainly looks a bit clunky and perhaps a bit less special than it's predecessors. If I didn't know which was which, I think I would probably rank the SP3 as the halo model and the F80 as the gussied-up 296GTB, even if it's a lot more than that. To be fair, the F40 was more or less a very gussied-up 308 (via 288 Evo, via 288 GTO) so there is some precedence I guess. My early ranking is: F50 > F40=Enzo > F80 > LaFerrari. The SP3 feel like the spiritual successor to the F50 whereas the F80 feels like the spiritual successor to the 288 GTO Evo with its utilitarian-looking slab sides. The F50 and the SP3 have a kind of unified cohesive design with no extraneous parts - all the aero is integrated into the design at a fundamental level, whereas the 288 Evo and the F80 are more of a composition of aero bits and pieces - molded vs assembled. I infinitely prefer the former (which is why I prefer an LP400 Countach to a QV or why I prefer the look of a base Cayman to a GT4) which is why I rank the F50 highest.

edit: I wasn't expecting it to sound spectacular...but I was expecting it to be...audible.

I appreciate that energy recovery often reduces the volume of exhaust (which makes sense) but damn this car is near-silent.

Last edited:
Bet if you ask Ferrari very nicely (and/or donate like a 4-or 5 figure sum) they'd paint it for you :sly:
It bugs me slightly that the car is available in a range of colours (some hideous), but not black...

Oh I thought you meant the actual real car sorry 😂
Haha, sorry, but I am flattered that you thought I was being serious about the real car for a moment. That said, an old buddy of mine promised to buy me a Ferrari once he was rich enough to do so, and he most definitely is now. I wouldn't take him up on the offer anyway, though it would be cool to remind him of it 😅

While I can applaud Ferrari for bringing back some squarebizz to this new design, I don’t know about this particular car. Crazy how much of the body opens up to get in. It’s like you have a Ferrari and underneath is an X-Bow.

To me, it does remind me of a modern F40.

It bugs me slightly that the car is available in a range of colours (some hideous), but not black...

Thankfully, it does!

Attachments

• IMG_0029.jpeg
    IMG_0029.jpeg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0030.jpeg
    IMG_0030.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0031.jpeg
    IMG_0031.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1
Back