2024 Ferrari F80 - LaFerrari replacement (F250)

Thankfully, it does!
Cool 👍 It looks so much better in black.

My instant impression when I first saw the car was 'Wow!', but the more I look at it, the more I don't like it - though I reckon a 10 y.o. me would have loved it, and I like the fact that Ferrari have pushed the boat out stylistically and gone for something quite outlandish with this car; there's plenty of other 'beautiful' Ferraris, this one is more of a showstopper IMO.

If anyone wants a laugh, go onto GT7 and search for F80 to reveal some attempts at creating the F80 look on other Ferraris. :lol:

Last edited:
I deciphered it for you
I'd say that looking like a 90s GTP car in 2024 (even divorced from the context of the entire rest of Ferrari's current lineup suffering from having an interchangeable aspect to them as this thread spent most of the first page talking about) is quite the opposite of "generic"; and suggests to me that you in fact have no idea what the meaning behind my post was. I'd even say that your repeated attempts on "translating" my thoughts on the car's design into something else entirely just makes you look like a fool.

But do keep whining about how many cylinders it has. That definitely wasn't an argument that was dumb in this exact market space 40 years ago.

Last edited:
I'm no car designer and I fully respect there work but to me there just nothing appealing about this car.

I'm sure the performance will be there but its just not a good looking car.

So far to me.

McLaren W1 - 9/10
Ferrari F80 - 4/10
Can wait to see what Porsche has in store.
I understand you giving the McLaren high score, but in this case you might have to rethink... the Mission X concept is pretty awesome:
1729600501194.png

I think it beats the W1 by a considerable margin, since the W1 looks somewhat generic compared to the P1:
1729600654191.png

I'd say that looking like a 90s GTP car in 2024 (even divorced from the context of the entire rest of Ferrari's current lineup suffering from having an interchangeable aspect to them as this thread spent most of the first page talking about) is quite the opposite of "generic"; and suggests to me that you in fact have no idea what the meaning behind my post was. I'd even say that your repeated attempts on "translating" my thoughts on the car's design into something else entirely just makes you look like a fool.

But do keep whining about how many cylinders it has. That definitely wasn't an argument that was dumb in this exact market space 40 years ago.
Ferrari without Pininfarina has lost its soul. They got arrogant, it happens to many companies but it's a shame it happened to the great Ferrari.

This design doesn't yell Ferrari like the previous hypercar celebrations did. This car lacks visual identity. The new McLaren W1 looks even worse, but I just care less.

A twin turbo V6 in their halo hypercar is a disappointment and no amount of being an apologist will change it. They sell their legendary high revving N/A V12 in their SUV, but not this. These days with the dawn of EVs, numbers barely matter. It's about emotion and engagement. Why has the 296 GTB sold less than expected? Because they downsized from the V8. Honestly though the engine isn't the worst part about the car ..it's just not very pretty or interesting to look at.

A twin turbo V6 in their halo hypercar is a disappointment and no amount of being an apologist will change it.
Fortunately for anyone else, this will also always be just your opinion.

It's a Le Mans winning-derived engine. Ferrari's marketing will need to say no more.
Why has the 296 GTB sold less than expected?
Sales are up from last year & it's the highest selling vehicle. Factory production is currently maxed out throughout 2025. The August 1st report from Ferrari credits the 296 GTS as part of its 2.7% growth over last year.

Fortunately for anyone else, this will also always be just your opinion.

It's a Le Mans winning-derived engine. Ferrari's marketing will need to say no more.

Sales are up from last year & it's the highest selling vehicle. Factory production is currently maxed out throughout 2025. The August 1st report from Ferrari credits the 296 GTS as part of its 2.7% growth over last year.
I'm shocked to see you being an apologist. 296s are not as desired as the V8 cars from beforehand. The 296 is a brilliant car, but cylinder count matters. V12 was the right move, La Ferrari will be more fondly remembered

My only gripe at the moment is the soundtrack, and I'm none too sure if the one video I've seen thus far had the car under full throttle because the track (Monza) was wet.

V6s, in general, don't sound incredibly awe-inspiring though. Hopefully the inevitable F80XX can push the engine note harder/higher.

296s are not as desired as the V8 cars from beforehand.
488 production based off Ferrari's percentages was around 1,000/year, same with the 458. F8 I believe was less at 3,750 altogether. Jan-August 2024, the 296 is currently projected at 3,000+ units & is sold out til' 2026. Clearly, your statement is not correct.

There's no point in attempting to go from, "They're not selling the 296s they expected to", to "Well, they're not as desired as the old V8s".

Additionally, just to correct this claim even further about V8s, from last year.
Some 51 per cent of Ferrari’s cars sold between July and September were hybrid, compared with 43 per cent in the previous three months and just 19 per cent a year ago. Four of the 13 models offered by Ferrari in the quarter were hybrids. Ferrari’s three-month sales were driven by the 296 GTB and GTS supercars, which are hybrids that also use a V6 engine, as well as the top-end SF90 hybrid.

488 production based off Ferrari's percentages was around 1,000/year, same with the 458. F8 I believe was less at 3,750 altogether. Jan-August 2024, the 296 is currently projected at 3,000+ units & is sold out til' 2026. Clearly, your statement is not correct.

There's no point in attempting to go from, "They're not selling the 296s they expected to", to "Well, they're not as desired as the old V8s".

Additionally, just to correct this claim even further about V8s, from last year.

Used F8 tributos are going for more than newer used 296s. That's not normal. Ferrari make too many cars and seem to misjudge what their core wants from the brand. It's not just the badge, it's the romance and heritage. V12 is part of that. V8 is part of that for their baby midship Ferrari

I'm shocked to see you being an apologist. 296s are not as desired as the V8 cars from beforehand. The 296 is a brilliant car, but cylinder count matters. V12 was the right move, La Ferrari will be more fondly remembered
People spending that much money don't give two hoots about the engine as long as its faster than the last one and looks good in Monaco.

Used F8 tributos are going for more than newer used 296s. That's not normal.
They're not. The markets are actually on par with each other which means people are willing to spend more on a used 296 than a new one b/c they don't want to wait. This further attempt at goal post moving has actually showcased a demand for a 296.
Ferrari make too many cars and seem to misjudge what their core wants from the brand.
They're doing better than ever....
ferrari.jpg

This is akin to when the "purists" cried about Ferrari killing the manuals. They extended production of it & surprise, nobody was buying it. They're listening to the market, not people like yourself who aren't their clientele.

They're not. The markets are actually on par with each other which means people are willing to spend more on a used 296 than a new one b/c they don't want to wait. This further attempt at goal post moving has actually showcased a demand for a 296.

They're doing better than ever....
ferrari.jpg

This is akin to when the "purists" cried about Ferrari killing the manuals. They extended production of it & surprise, nobody was buying it. They're listening to the market, not people like yourself who aren't their clientele.
There's no denying that, as a business, Ferrari is crushing it.

RACE.JPG

I personally don't like what they've become to get there (which I'm not gonna rehash) but if Ferrari's aim when they IPO'd back in 2015 was to make a lot of money - it's impossible to look at a 747% market cap gain and not judge it to be a success. There are just a lot more people with the kind of income needed to afford a Ferrari now than there was in the 1960s-1980s because of the bifurcation of the middle class, and Ferrari is leveraging that to sell a lot of product.

race2.JPG

Back