2024 Formula 1 Drivers threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 738 comments
It’s weird to me how openly Toto was/is flirting with Max given he seems 100% committed to Antonelli and I can’t see him giving George the boot given how great he has been doing.
Georges contract ends after 2025. I don't think Toto is his biggest fan and for me at least very likely they'll instantly go for Max/Kimi in 2026 if they can. Maybe George will survive with a 1+1 if Max have to stay at RB in '26 or doesn't consider Merc at all but he could be without a cockpit after '25. Just remember how Toto still sticked to Bottas after Georges stand-in for Merc at Bahrain Outer Loop and everything he achieved at Williams until then. He did him dirty back then and I don't have the feeling Toto really believes more in George since. Then the Imola crash with Bottas happened with this strange forced public apology. Comments by Toto towards George calmd down a bit since Lewis leave is fixed but there were some harsh ones in '23 which sounded over the top given the cars bad performance. The reaction to the win on sunday. It's just my feeling that there is animosity from Toto towards George which could just result in a split.

Having won with Red Bull and convincingly so, it would be refreshing for Verstappen to be somewhere else.

Some are saying Jacky Ickx based on his 1973 drives for Frank Williams Racing Cars but as any older heads will know, that is conclusively not the same team nor entity as Williams Grand Prix Engineering today.

Ickx managed them all in the same year.

To be honest, really no team is the "same" after that many years. Williams' timeline branched off about four times in the 1970s alone.

To be honest, really no team is the "same" after that many years. Williams' timeline branched off about four times in the 1970s alone.
Well, given that FWRC was taken over by Walter Wolf and Frank Williams set up a different, independent team that co-existed on the same grid as Wolf, they really are two completely different teams. It's like saying Ford and Cadillac are the same because they were both founded by the same man.

We'll likely never know if this is true, but if RB miss out on the constructors title, questions will be asked at every level of F1.

We'll likely never know if this is true, but if RB miss out on the constructors title, questions will be asked at every level of F1.

Me thinks you really do NOT want to meddle in internal driver decisions by teams.

Then again, watch Williams drop Sargeant and nobody bats an eye.

Additionally, Marko still made some interesting comments for next year about a potential switch up across both teams.
Despite their current backing of Perez and Ricciardo, though, Red Bull could yet make changes to their driver lineups for 2025.

Marko has suggested that just because of this week's news, it does not mean things will not look different for next season.

"For 2025, the cards will be reshuffled," Marko told F1-Insider, hinting that changes could yet be on the horizon for both Red Bull and RB.

Continuing to discuss the young talent Red Bull have lined up, he added: "It's like a swarm of bees here".

Maybe Carlos Slim opened the wallet to cover the loss which might be a lot less then what he would probably loose if middle and southern america won't follow F1TV anymore (he holds 20%) and/or Mexico GPs ticket sales would dry out.

The source that info comes from is apparently known to make up stuff just for attention so wouldn't quite take it on face value.

Sorry Mick, by the sounds of it.
The way I see it, maybe his career can be the inverse of Micheal's. Plenty of Former F1 drivers who simply didn't progress that far who ended up being a big gain to Sportscars.

I’m super interested to see how Sainz stacks up against Albon next year. Sainz is not an absolute elite level of driver but he’s a solid 9/10 in all areas imo.

Last edited:
I’m super interested to see how Sainz stacks up against Albon next year. Sainz is not an absolute elite level of driver but he’s a solid 9/10 in all areas imo.
I agree a good solid driver, maybe Alonso has all the Spanish sponsors on board, Id love to see Williams back up near the front & even more so to see Adrian Newey back there for his swansong ?

Last edited:

This is hilarious - imagine if they wanted a Dutch world champion to get packed grandstands of orange shirts at numerous european grand prix LOL.

I've been a fan of Checo in the past - I supported him at Sauber and Force India and thought he was a very good driver... But clearly he isn't cut for the pressure of a RedBull #2 driver spot.

In my opinion it looks like poor form for the sport to have such an amount of mediocre performances in one of the top teams - in other high level motorsports the driver would be swapped out... Given they have a B-team, they are in the perfect position to be able to swap in a driver from a lower car and allow Perez the opportunity with less pressure in the RB-team he would probably perform better....

I don't know how credible this outlet is, but they're claiming he has the seat secured.
Alpine, which was looking for a driver with strong potential, has decided to invest in Jack Doohan, according to an unofficial press release obtained by auto motor & sport Sweden.

The young Australian has impressed the team with his performance during tests and as a reserve driver, where he gained valuable experience behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car.

Let's hope this doesn't end up being a repeat of Piastri.
I can't exactly imagine Alpine even having remotely the spine to screw over the driver managed by THE guy they literally hired to help them. That and I don't think they WANT to go through all that again (Supposedly, their lawyers brought up that case as to why Kicking Ocon out of the seat before Canada was a terrible idea).

I can't exactly imagine Alpine even having remotely the spine to screw over the driver managed by THE guy they literally hired to help them. That and I don't think they WANT to go through all that again (Supposedly, their lawyers brought up that case as to why Kicking Ocon out of the seat before Canada was a terrible idea).
Hence why I hope they aren't making the same mistake with Doohan.

If Doohan to Alpine is indeed for real and Danny Ric stays with RB then next year will mark the first time since 1977 that three Aussies entered a GP.

Excluding test/3rd/reserve drivers of course.

Last edited:
You know, I think I finally found what would make Perez Perform better. Gotta be real smooth like about it though, maybe consult JPM for what good excuse to use afterwards.

Alpine actually promote one of their academy drivers this time (with the driver agreeing to the move)

Last edited:
Back