2024 IMSA WeatherTech Sportscar ChampionshipSports Cars 

Wasn't AXR in Le Mans on the grounds of being the reigning IMSA GTP champion? Of course, then the wild card was the 3rd 963. Nevertheless, the article quotes Wayne Taylor saying "global program", my immediate thought was that he's looking to compete in Le Mans.
I wasn't really sure how AXR got in but I guess IMSA champion does make sense.

So WTR/A wants to go to LeMans, Acura says no. Cadillac says they are parting ways with Gnassi. Mike Shank wants to come back to IMSA. Mike Shank announces 2 Acuras for 2025. WTR/A knows the only possible way to get to LeMans is with Cadillac. So I wonder if WTR/A approached Cadillac and said they would be willing to switch over and that is what prompted Cadillac to announce the Gnassi split, or did Cadillac approach WTR/A?

So I wonder if WTR/A approached Cadillac and said they would be willing to switch over and that is what prompted Cadillac to announce the Ganassi split, or did Cadillac approach WTR/A?
Too lazy to search the articles covering the Caddy/Ganassi split, but I seem to remember the remark that the Ganassi deal was time-limited. I had a quick look at the results of CGR, kinda forgot that they're running Cadillacs since 2021 and sure, they got a few wins but they're weren't exactly a runaway success in the last 4 years. Sure, they got 3rd in the championship once (plus standing there right now) but I guess that the fine folks in Detroit expected more, so when it came to a contract renewal, there weren't many hands up in the air. At least that's how I imagine with my absolutely non-existing C-level experience :)

Hmm, another lmdh car.
Does LMH start to look like a "failling" class to anyone else
I wouldn't call LMH a failing class. Cost is lower with the LMDH cars having P2 chassis underneath, as opposed to the LMH cars. Besides cost, it would be stupid for Hyundai/Genesis to build a car that they couldn't enter the championship in one of their biggest markets. Hypercar is a combined class, which is very far from failing. It's really just two ways to build a competitive hypercar.

Back