2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 277 comments
Let's begin the October part of the 2024 NFL season. Ready to set it off tonight will be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the Atlanta Falcons in an NFC South clash. Find out if either the Bucs or the Dirty Birds get the win tonight (or a possible tie?).

Enjoy tonight's game!

Your final score in Atlanta on this Thursday Night Football is 36-30 in Overtime in favor of the Atlanta Falcons. The Dirty Birds of the ATL took down the NFC South-leading Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Falcons went throwback with their uniforms and logo. I think... the 1998-ish Falcons? Anyhow, Tampa Bay and Atlanta now have the same record- 3-2.

And on a different note, happy birthday (October 3), C.J. Stroud! :)

Wow, what a finish! I don't think I've ever seen a team carry a player after their first catch of the game :lol:

Jerome

Off to Spurs stadium for the Jets Vs Vikings today.

I've been looking forward to it for months. My 3rd live NFL game, after cardinals rams in 2017, and chargers titans in '18.

Screenshot_20241006-102853~2.png

After leading 17-3 at the half, the Houston Texans basically fell apart in the 2nd half against the Buffalo Bills. Penalties and turnovers did over the Texans in the second half, but Texans hit a "walk-off" 59-yard field goal to sink the Buffalo Bills. Houston wins 23-20. It was a tale of two halves as the Texans had a solid first half but stumbled in the second half. Still, all sins forgiven as the Texans remain composed long enough to defeat a very good Buffalo Bills team. Nico Collins had to leave the game with an injury. Houston improves to 4-1 on the 2024 season.

UP NEXT: Road tripping! We are at the Patriots next week, then at Packers the following week.

Congratulations to all other winners this week! How did your team(s) do this week?

The Bengals are great with finding creative ways to lose. Up by 10 - twice - in the 4th quarter, Baltimore comes back and ties it. The game goes into OT. The Ravens win the coin toss and are driving, but Lamar fumbles a snap and Cincy falls on it. A miracle! Next score wins, and they're already in field goal range. But instead of trying to drive down the field to get closer to the end zone, they run it up the gut three straight times to set up the field goal - a 50 yard attempt. I don't care if the announcers keep telling us McPherson hit every shot from that distance and direction during pregame. This is no guarantee. Sure enough, the holder bobbles the snap, and the kick gets pulled to the left. Next play, King Henry, who the Bengals had managed to keep in check all game, rips off a massive run to take it to the 5. Tucker kicks the game ending field goal.

I guess that's what I get. Cincy led all game up until about the part CBS picked up the coverage after the other games had finished. So I mistakenly started to watch, and the result naturally is a loss. The trend continues. :grumpy:

Dolph Drago, I saw that Ravens at Bengals finish after Bills at Texans. I was sure you were pretty happy... until things went south in Overtime. That almost touchdown by Baltimore really hurt. I sympathize with Bengals Nation.

Some other results...

* In London, it was a 23-17 victory for the Minnesota Vikings over Blitz24's and kjb's New York Jets. Minnesota remains undefeated, now 5-0 on the season. NYJ goes to 2-3.

* How did the other NYC team do? You know, Jump Ace's New York Giants? Well, they not only shocked the Seattle Seahawks, they punked them by blocking a would-be game-tying field goal and then returning it for a touchdown. Giants come up big- 29-20 win in Seattle.

* It was 34-18 in the Mile High City as the Denver Broncos took down the Las Vegas Raiders.

* The Washington Commanders had no problem with devouring the Cleveland Browns 34-13. Not a good road trip for the Brownies.

* Omnis' Miami Dolphins picked up a 15-10 win at the New England Patriots.

* The Carolina Panthers got blown out in the Windy City, a 36-10 fail at the Chicago Bears.

* The last winless team this season, the Jacksonville Jaguars, finally entered the win column. The Jags won at home 37-34 against the Indianapolis Colts.

Dallas at Pittsburgh is still being played out after a long weather delay impacted the start of this Sunday Night Football game. At the time of this post, it's 6-3, Dallas.

Congratulations again to all other winners this week!

The dolphins patriots game was like watching paint dry. Two worst teams in the league imo. Even more than Carolina at this point lmao

Latest Posts

Back