2024 NFL Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 304 comments
New York Jets head coach, Robert Saleh, has been fired. The Jets so far are 2-3 on the season, and they decided to can Saleh as head coach. More info: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/41679781/jets-fire-coach-robert-saleh-2-3-start-sources-say .

Thoughts?
If the Raiders had Defense issues I'd like them to pick him up. But our problems fall entirely on our putrid Offense:

1. Getsy was a big mistake. That hire absolutely nuked our chances of getting Justin Fields.
  2. Not offering a contract to Russell Wilson was a mistake.
  3. Not trying to get a QB on day 2 or 3 of this year's draft was a mistake. Spencer Rattler WAS RIGHT THERE.
  4. Letting Josh Jacobs go and believing this Zamir White guy was going to get the same production was a mistake.
We are "Just trash, baby."

Last edited:
All I know is, I'm watching the first edition of Aaron Rodgers Wednesday on Pat McAfee's show tomorrow. :lol:

All I know is, I'm watching the first edition of Aaron Rodgers Wednesday on Pat McAfee's show tomorrow. :lol:
Too bad he decided to not show up. One last thing about Saleh, he had some issues but he wasn't causing the offensive issues that falls squarely on Rodgers and Hackett. IN 7 years as a OC Hackett has had only one offense ranked above 20th in the league that was 2017 with the Jaguars. The Jets offense is stale. Rodgers feels like pre snap motion takes away some control from the QB. That is true to an extent but it does give you wide open throws and takes advantage of defensive holes. If Saleh was truly the problem why not get rid of him before the season. What is Jeff Ulbrich going to do better than Saleh? I guess maybe they won't have more defensive penalties? Can he get rid of Hackett? They may get a 1 game bump but this falls on Rodgers and his stubborness.

Edit: I don't want to seem like I'm upset about this I'm really not it just that this move right now doesn't make sense and I'm just trying to process this and does it mean moving forward

Last edited:
kjb
Too bad he decided to not show up. One last thing about Saleh, he had some issues but he wasn't causing the offensive issues that falls squarely on Rodgers and Hackett. IN 7 years as a OC Hackett has had only one offense ranked above 20th in the league that was 2017 with the Jaguars. The Jets offense is stale. Rodgers feels like pre snap motion takes away some control from the QB. That is true to an extent but it does give you wide open throws and takes advantage of defensive holes. If Saleh was truly the problem why not get rid of him before the season. What is Jeff Ulbrich going to do better than Saleh? I guess maybe they won't have more defensive penalties? Can he get rid of Hackett? They may get a 1 game bump but this falls on Rodgers and his stubborness.

Edit: I don't want to seem like I'm upset about this I'm really not it just that this move right now doesn't make sense and I'm just trying to process this and does it mean moving forward
By tomorrow I meant wednesday. He moved it back a day but did indeed show up.

Back