2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,331 comments
Mind like a Rube Goldberg machine but there's maybe three pretty boring actions; five tops.
Either you do have an Fe[26] Obama cage for a thinking organ, or I’m reading into this waaay too much.

Regardless, well played sir 😎

Last edited:
A LOT of democrats whom I sure they view themselves as smart, genuinely thought Trump wasn’t able to run when he got indicted in New York. Probably a lot of run of the mill Republicans thought that too, I’m sure.
Well I don't understand how he's allowed to run after not conceding after the 2020 election. I don't understand how he's allowed to run after he tells the Georgia Secretary of State to "go find me 11,000 votes". I don't understand how he's allowed to run after he incites a riot against the US government on January 6th. I don't understand how he's allowed to run after he tells his Vice President to "do the right thing" and invalidate a fair election. I don't understand how he's allowed to run after being convicted of sexually abusing Jean Carroll. THEN we get to I don't understand how he's allowed to run after being found guilty on all 34 counts of falsifying business records in the hush money trial in New York. So none of that disqualifies a person from ever holding a public office again? If not don't you think it should?

Also I don't want to hear ANYTHING from ANY conservative about rule of law or law and order ******** because apparently to them, it doesn't apply.

Well I don't understand how he's allowed to run after not conceding after the 2020 election. I don't understand how he's allowed to run after he tells the Georgia Secretary of State to "go find me 11,000 votes". I don't understand how he's allowed to run after he incites a riot against the US government on January 6th. I don't understand how he's allowed to run after he tells his Vice President to "do the right thing" and invalidate a fair election. I don't understand how he's allowed to run after being convicted of sexually abusing Jean Carroll. THEN we get to I don't understand how he's allowed to run after being found guilty on all 34 counts of falsifying business records in the hush money trial in New York. So none of that disqualifies a person from ever holding a public office again? If not don't you think it should?

Also I don't want to hear ANYTHING from ANY conservative about rule of law or law and order ******** because apparently to them, it doesn't apply.

Fair enough, man

But at least they can count that far on their fingers.
BILLY BOY 3.png

Last edited:
Two things are making me giggle today.

1) The RNC was totally focused around Biden. Oops!
2) Harris is a former prosecutor and would be running against a convicted felon.
New thing to giggle at. Trump appears to be regretting picking Vance. :lol:

Two choices Trump. Stick with your bad pick or upend your campaign and the RNC branding.

Last edited:
Georgia's 14th district must have the stupidest people in the Americas.
Yep. I drive through there to get to I-75 and you can just feel the massive drop in IQ scores once you cross the Georgia state line. And that's saying something coming from NE Alabama which in itself is filled with stupid people.

That in 2020 they recognised they were in a once in a lifetime event and could understand the president had little control over the economy for that year. Fast forward to 2024 and they aren't willing to go in depth on why the economy is what it is like now, since the pandemic was "so long ago". Years are an eon in politics: will the assassination attempt even be a voter issue in a few months time?

Of course, what they're looking for may be more complex than just the economy, but that's another point:
That's not the way voters thought about it at the time, and it's not the way anyone really remembers 2020. If you put yourself back in 2020, you remember Trump making the pandemic worse at just about every opportunity. Trump was absolutely blamed for his role in the pandemic in the 2020 election.

The bait-and-switch that's happening here is that Trump would like you to think about where housing and inflation were in 2018 or 2019. Where gas prices were in 2020 in the midst of the pandemic, and where your income is today. The point is, when you look back economically, you're supposed to do it with a Trump-favoring thumb on the scale. And Trump supporters are happy to do this. This is why they think it will be self-evident to everyone that you were somehow better off under Trump - because they remember it with a Trump-favoring thumb on the scale, picking off whichever numbers create the story with all the practiced nuance in the world, going way beyond any accurate picture of economic events and instead being driven by the outcome they wanted going in. And this was my point - that choice for how to be hypocritical is revealing the underlying bias.

The reality is we had a pandemic, it looked really bad for a while, and the early Biden admin navigated the recovery. We had some inflation, but so did every other developed economy in the world. Housing is more expensive in the US, that's also a worldwide experience. The pandemic changed many things.

Yep. I drive through there to get to I-75 and you can just feel the massive drop in IQ scores once you cross the Georgia state line. And that's saying something coming from NE Alabama which in itself is filled with stupid people.
As a damn Yankee, I'm trying very hard not to generalize that to include the entire South.

Two choices Trump. Stick with your bad pick or upend your campaign and the RNC branding.
He only went for Vance because it meant, along with the mandatory change from 0 to 4, he only had to change two letters on the orders from the printers.

The bait-and-switch that's happening here is that Trump would like you to think about where housing and inflation were in 2018 or 2019. Where gas prices were in 2020 in the midst of the pandemic, and where your income is today.
All my Republican acquaintances remember that Biden threw gasoline on the fire, but not that Trump lit it in the first place.

He should be forced to carry Vance to term.

That's not the way voters thought about it at the time, and it's not the way anyone really remembers 2020. If you put yourself back in 2020, you remember Trump making the pandemic worse at just about every opportunity. Trump was absolutely blamed for his role in the pandemic in the 2020 election.
I only knew people who voted for Trump at that time (who couldn't listen to reason) and one other guy who kept highlighting Trump's shortcomings and laughing at those idiots while continually highlighting his deficiencies.

2024?

That guy would vote Trump (he's saying), despite me taking on the role that he had in 2020 (and I'm not even American).

I don't know if he now counts as a swing voter or a convert, but Harris needs a way to find out how to appeal to those who are still undecided and fast.

Again, this is talking about the economy only - as you say Trump was rightly roasted over his handling of the pandemic. Looking at that article I'm not sure how much the economy will factor into this election cycle so we could be debating over something that isn't big in the grand scheme of things.

He should be forced to carry Vance to term.
Am going to steal that.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why you never roll down the windows when you go to that area.

Kamala Harris has secured the support of enough delegates to be the Democrats' nominee.

So Harris v Trump it will be then.
None of the convention votes have occurred yet, not even Ohio’s early virtual vote. The delegates have full autonomy to cast their votes as they see fit.

As a damn Yankee, I'm trying very hard not to generalize that to include the entire South.
Gotta be honest, I truly did root for Michigan last year against Alabama and was so happy when they won because I consider it more than a game, it’s a battle of two mindsets, and I can’t handle the South having a leading role in anything, even sports. I have been crushed when OSU has lost to Georgia or Clemson in the past.

Am I taking that too far? Yes. But on Gameday I wake up for the USA.

Last edited:
Language warning for the article proper as it cites profanity which was spoken by law enforcement and captured on bodycam. It's censored by the forum as transcribed below.
It wasn't long after Joe Biden announced he wouldn't seek reelection that the Donald Trump campaign turned its attention to Vice President Kamala Harris, the presumptive new Democratic nominee.

The official account of the Trump "War Room" (the cool-sounding name for the campaign's opposition research nerds) immediately began posting its greatest hits on Harris on [Twitter]. But one of those attacks was quite curious:

"Kamala Harris helped raise money for a far-left organization that bailed a rioter who shot at police out of jail," the Trump War Room wrote on [Twitter] yesterday.

The Trump War Room appears to be referring to Jaleel Stallings, a Minnesota man who was indeed charged with rioting, attempted murder, and deadly force against police officers during the George Floyd protests of 2020.

It's not the first time the Trump campaign has tried to use Stallings' case as a political cudgel. Back in 2020, the Trump War Room posted multiple times about Stallings, calling him a "would-be cop killer who was in jail for firing at police during 'peaceful protests.'

"Now he's free thanks in part to Biden campaign officials who donated to pay bail fees," the account wrote. "Will Joe Biden apologize for helping put cops in danger?"

What the Trump War Room neglected to mention yesterday is that a jury acquitted Stallings of all charges, and he later won a $1.5 million lawsuit settlement as a result of his violent arrest. In fact, one of the police officers pleaded guilty last year to assaulting him.

Stallings, an Army veteran who had a concealed carry permit, was in a parking lot at night in May of 2020, five days after the death of George Floyd, when Minneapolis SWAT team officers in an unmarked van began firing rubber bullets at him.

The officers had been cruising the streets firing less-than-lethal rounds from their 40 mm projectile launchers at groups of people who were out past curfew. "The first ****ers we see, we're just hammering 'em with 40s," the team's sergeant ordered, according to body camera footage shown at Stallings' trial. Before they reached Stallings they had also taken potshots at a family trying to protect their gas station from looters and pepper sprayed a Vice News reporter who was supposed to be exempt from the curfew.

Stallings claimed he saw the unmarked white cargo van pull up with its lights off and the door slide open. He heard a pop and then felt the sharp pain of a rubber bullet hitting him in the chest. He said he assumed it was a drive-by and thought he'd been grazed by a bullet. Stallings returned fire at the van, shooting three rounds that did not hit anyone. When he realized he was shooting at police, he tossed his gun and surrendered. Body camera footage shown at Stallings' trial showed officers kicking and punching Stallings as he tried to surrender, including after he was handcuffed.

The Trump campaign and conservative media latched onto the case after Stallings' $75,000 bail was paid by the Minnesota Freedom Fund, a bail fund that Harris had tweeted support for.

"Meet the Rioting Criminals Kamala Harris Helped Bail out of Jail," a Federalist headline declared in an article that mentioned Stallings' case.

It was a weak attack that completely fell apart once the facts of the case were known.

The ostensible function of bail is to act as a surety that the defendant, who is presumed innocent, will appear at trial. In practice, it has turned into a monetary lever to keep arrestees in jail, regardless of their danger to the public. Bail funds are a workaround to this problem. (Several red states have introduced or passed laws to ban them in response.) In Stallings' case, the bail fund and the mechanism of cash bail worked exactly as they were supposed to: They kept him out of jail pending his trial, where he successfully claimed self-defense, and preserved his presumption of innocence, despite the best efforts of conservative media and the Trump campaign to publicly smear him.
Video of the abuses perpetrated against Stallings can be found here (language warning):
Law enforcement were traveling down the road in an unmarked vehicle, unannounced either verbally or by siren, firing upon individuals merely for violating curfew. Stallings, a legal gun owner, was fired upon, being struck in the chest by a less-lethal round (MPD guidelines state to only fire less-lethal rounds at the head and chest when deadly force is justified because less-lethal rounds are not non-lethal), and acted to defend himself. The moment he realized he'd returned fire upon law enforcement, Stallings tossed his firearm away and lay face down on the ground with his hands on his head. Acknowledgement of Stallings' surrender went over the radio and law enforcement proceeded to kick and beat him despite his compliance, shouting obscenities in throughout.

Gotta be honest, I truly did root for Michigan last year against Alabama and was so happy when they won because I consider it more than a game, it’s a battle of two mindsets, and I can’t handle the South having a leading role in anything, even sports. I have been crushed when OSU has lost to Georgia or Clemson in the past.

Am I taking that too far? Yes. But on Gameday I wake up for the USA.
Imagine having a political ideology so terrible that you make someone from Ohio root for U of M.

Trump's putting stroke is wild. :lol:

Dude crushes it off the tee though

Language warning for the article proper as it cites profanity which was spoken by law enforcement and captured on bodycam. It's censored by the forum as transcribed below.
Video of the abuses perpetrated against Stallings can be found here (language warning):
Law enforcement were traveling down the road in an unmarked vehicle, unannounced either verbally or by siren, firing upon individuals merely for violating curfew. Stallings, a legal gun owner, was fired upon, being struck in the chest by a less-lethal round (MPD guidelines state to only fire less-lethal rounds at the head and chest when deadly force is justified because less-lethal rounds are not non-lethal), and acted to defend himself. The moment he realized he'd returned fire upon law enforcement, Stallings tossed his firearm away and lay face down on the ground with his hands on his head. Acknowledgement of Stallings' surrender went over the radio and law enforcement proceeded to kick and beat him despite his compliance, shouting obscenities in throughout.
From that article:

...is a reminder that the Republican Party's obsequious and omnipresent "blue lives" rhetoric doesn't reflect a sincere concern for officers' safety. Rather, it's just a bit of sloppy demagoguery to keep a favored class of public employees beyond criticism and above the law.

Damn concise and brutal indictment.

Back