2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 3,530 comments
"They'll never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight."
To be honest, it is very hard to argue with your reflection.

No, it doesn't. She barely redeemed herself for decades of horrible politics.
I think anyone who risks their life for democracy deserves a great deal of respect and admiration.
If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough, as the saying goes.
I don't think any of the things I was commending her for were dumb. They were necessary and smart. I don't think Pelosi can reasonably be characterized as dumb. She can be a lot of things, but she's quite smart and meticulous.

Politics is out the window. None of what I'm talking about is politics. Politics has to take a back seat to many of the things we're talking about. There has been a lot of focus on policy lately in the presidential campaign. Who has a plan, who can stimulate the economy, who will tax whom. All of it pales in comparison to the issue of dictatorship vs democracy. The people that founded this nation didn't do so because they were worried about whether the economy would grow in the next 2 years or not, they weren't trying to make sure some kind of stock market would rise. They founded it because they fundamentally disagree with the principle that someone could make decisions without the will of the people behind them - because they believe that power comes from the governed, not the governing. This is so much more important than any political disagreement you might have, even with Pelosi.

What we needed toward the end of the Trump presidency, was people who would impeach, call out, and stand up to the president despite his calls for execution, kidnapping, and violence. Pelosi allowed herself to be the figure of that movement, and she has suffered horribly as a result. She has given arguably more than her life, but the well being of her loved ones, in service to the most important principles our nation has right at the exact moment that it was needed.

She's a soldier. She's at least worthy of a purple heart if not the medal of honor/valor. We can never repay her fully.

Last edited:
"They'll never know the simple joys of a monkey knife fight."
Likely won't happen, but someone in the media, please, please, please....

Try to get JD to comment on Laura's tweet given his wife's ethnicity. I just want to see if Laura has the guts to respond & just bomb Trump's campaign w/ infighting.

Likely won't happen, but someone in the media, please, please, please....

Try to get JD to comment on Laura's tweet given his wife's ethnicity. I just want to see if Laura has the guts to respond & just bomb Trump's campaign w/ infighting.
The bitch can simultaneously respond to it and weasel out of it and conservative media will be in lock step. "No see by 'childless cat ladies' I mean those who are physically capable of having children but choose not to...because your only worth is making babies for Christians to rape."

Edit: The bitch hates this country.

I know it shouldn't surprise me at all, but it's just wild that the absolute stupidest political base on the planet calls this bitch a patriot. Trumpism is a disease that needs to be eradicated.

Last edited:
The bitch can simultaneously respond to it and weasel out of it and conservative media will be in lock step. "No see by 'childless cat ladies' I mean those who are physically capable of having children but choose not to...because your only worth is making babies for Christians to rape."
The conservative media can spin it however they want. I only want someone to make it known to JD that Laura Loomer posted a racist trope about Indians smelling like curry & working at call centers given JD's wife is Indian & Laura looks to now be on Trump's team.

How does that make you feel JD? Does that offend you or will you excuse the racism on your wife's behalf?
jd.jpg

The conservative media can spin it however they want. I only want someone to make it known to JD that Laura Loomer posted a racist trope about Indians smelling like curry & working at call centers given JD's wife is Indian & Laura looks to now be on Trump's team.

How does that make you feel JD? Does that offend you or will you excuse the racism on your wife's behalf?
jd.jpg
I have no doubt that JD would lean into it and claim his wife is in a superior caste or some stupid ****.

So she says "he won't debate me". And to stop that, he debates her, loses badly, refuses another debate, and she can go right back to saying "he won't debate me". Congrats, you played yourself.

I know he says that it's because he won. And I know that some of his supporters will be willing to deny their own eyes, or didn't bother to watch, and will just believe him. But everyone who watched knows it's a lie.

Last edited:
You know, I keep hearing Trump and his idiots say that inflation is ruining the middle class, but I've yet to hear them give any resemblance of a solution. Nor have I heard any reason for inflation outside of "we printed a bunch of money" which is linked back to COVID or something. That's still that absolute stupidest reasoning I've heard because the COVID stimulus barely made a dent and families only get enough to cover like a month's worth of living expenses.

Is there an actual plan from the GOP and do they actually have a legitimate reason for inflation? Because the way I see it the inflation right now is being caused by corporate greed. They're charging the prices because they can or they release a new product and add 25% to the price because they can just blame inflation. All of the inflation in the US right now seems superficial at best.

You know, I keep hearing Trump and his idiots say that inflation is ruining the middle class, but I've yet to hear them give any resemblance of a solution. Nor have I heard any reason for inflation outside of "we printed a bunch of money" which is linked back to COVID or something. That's still that absolute stupidest reasoning I've heard because the COVID stimulus barely made a dent and families only get enough to cover like a month's worth of living expenses.
Check out this cool map.

If you drag it to 2022, watch nations of the world light up with inflation following the pandemic.
Is there an actual plan from the GOP and do they actually have a legitimate reason for inflation? Because the way I see it the inflation right now is being caused by corporate greed. They're charging the prices because they can or they release a new product and add 25% to the price because they can just blame inflation. All of the inflation in the US right now seems superficial at best.
The only solution to inflation is to just keep it low, which is what the fed always does. There is no plan other than just let the fed do its thing. The new plan is the old plan, the fed tries to manage inflation.

It's essentially total nonsense weaponized against a preferred target. Inflation following the pandemic was global, and we just go back to doing what we do. Right now inflation is low.

Last edited:
Nor have I heard any reason for inflation outside of "we printed a bunch of money" which is linked back to COVID or something. That's still that absolute stupidest reasoning I've heard because the COVID stimulus barely made a dent and families only get enough to cover like a month's worth of living expenses.
The actual personal stimmy checks were only a small part of the equation.

The Feds also hurled barrels of money at any public program that ever had a budget. For instance, there was a series of 3 public school infrastructure programs called ESSER which provided money for various replacements and upgrades of building equipment in existing schools - it was specifically not allowed to be used for new construction.

That program alone was $190 billion, and it was just one of many under the CARES Act umbrella. It hit the street in 3 steps throughout 2020-2021, but not very widely spaced apart.

What it resulted in was an immediate doubling in the cost of any product or material allowed to be reimbursed by the program. Some items jumped even higher.

It also resulted in huge wait times for certain materials and types of equipment. Some of which is still being felt today, 2-3 years later.

You need an electric panel capable of handling a 1000 amps? That's more than a year's wait. Need a new main transformer for your building? That can be 18 months to 2 years.

All of this was driven by federal deficit spending to "stimulate the economy."

Last edited:
This is what sanity is up against:
Ukraine is the "Breadbasket" of Europe and the wise would treat it as such. The Biden/Harris administration is responsible for sabotaging the treaty between Putin & Zelensky when British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson was sent to persuade Zelensky with bribes to pull out of the negotiations. Thousands now dead from the carnage. The Democrats have been meddling in Ukraine for over a decade! Combine this with their pro-abortion push, their pro-child mutilation, open border rush of illegal aliens and fentanyl glut, we can agree that the Democrat Party has become the "Anti-Life" Party!

If that triggers you or you are of the mindset that there are multiple sets of facts, I wish you all the best in Fantasyland!
I'm really starting to despair for America and humanity in general. I'm not normally this pessimistic but these berking morons are killing my psyche.

The actual personal stimmy checks were only a small part of the equation.

The Feds also hurled barrels of money at any public program that ever had a budget. For instance, there was a series of 3 public school infrastructure programs called ESSER which provided money for various replacements and upgrades of building equipment in existing schools - it was specifically not allowed to be used for new construction.

That program alone was $190 billion, and it was just one of many under the CARES Act umbrella. It hit the street in 3 steps throughout 2020-2021, but not very widely spaced apart.

What it resulted in was an immediate doubling in the cost of any product or material allowed to be reimbursed by the program. Some items jumped even higher.

It also resulted in huge wait times for certain materials and types of equipment. Some of which is still being felt today, 2-3 years later.

You need an electric panel capable of handling a 1000 amps? That's more than a year's wait. Need a new main transformer for your building? That can be 18 months to 2 years.

All of this was driven by federal deficit spending to "stimulate the economy."
Well school infrastructure was not a stimulus plan. They were to help with school funding problems associated with the extra costs of re-opening, providing remote learning, and recovering from lost learning. Schools were hit hard. They weren't just supposed to reopen, they were supposed to reopen with revamped HVAC, smaller classrooms, and laptops.

The supply chain problems you mention are partially a permanent supply chain contraction. Many products that were once highly globally sourced and produced are no longer. That's partly because companies realized how vulnerable their manufacturing processes were when they were relying on so many different nations all handling the health crisis differently. It's also a global shipping emissions issue. So part of the reason that wait times are still long is because in some cases companies are rightly wary of doing business in the distributed way they were.

My wife's company, which she has since left, also during the same time stopped doing business in Russia. The same company also has people in Israel. So global supply chains have really been hit in a lasting way.

Last edited:
Check out this cool map.

If you drag it to 2022, watch nations of the world light up with inflation following the pandemic.

The only solution to inflation is to just keep it low, which is what the fed always does. There is no plan other than just let the fed do its thing. The new plan is the old plan, the fed tries to manage inflation.

It's essentially total nonsense weaponized against a preferred target. Inflation following the pandemic was global, and we just go back to doing what we do. Right now inflation is low.
Don't worry, the GOP House will solve the problem by forcing a government shutdown at the end of this month.

Something tells me the GOP is going to lay off of the DEI claims about Kamala after that debate. Just a hunch.
Why would you think that? Their perception is utterly divorced from reality. Can they do anything but parrot their own memes?

So a common theme of the Trump campaign and the GOP as a political organization parallel to the Republican Party this election cycle has been collective guilt and punishment as policy. The most obvious one is the race libel directed at legal Haitian immigrants specifically in Springfield, Ohio, the basis of such being fabrications about the absconding and consumption of household pets supported by unrelated incidents such as a mentally ill citizen of the United States eating a cat in Canton, a photograph of a man carrying a dead goose in Columbus taken by someone who now regrets having shared it because it's been seized by bigots, and finally in Springfield, a police call, acquired by right-wing blog The Federalist, in response to unlicensed goose hunting by a group purported to be Haitians and a corresponding call detail report but no follow-up from law enforcement.

The point of this race libel? "Haitian immigrants bad! Don't let them in and get the ones that are in out!"

At an event in Tucson today, rat bitch Trump raged at "young American girls being raped and sodomized and murdered by savage criminal aliens" to the audience's delight. The point is collective guilt and collective punishment. Disallow immigrants as a collective because of the actions of individuals.

But you know what? American citizens have perpetrated these acts.

I'm not going to pretend to know how to affect collective punishment for the entirety of the US populace, so I'm going to explore collective punishment of a subset thereof. You'd need an objective record from which to draw so that you're not arbitrarily selecting individuals on the basis that they may be part of some group. Hey, voter rolls are exactly that. And it occurs to me that Republicans are recorded on such, and Republicans have perpetrated these acts. That's settled, then. Punish Republicans collectively for the actions of individuals.

Okay but what punishment? They're already here, so they can't be denied entry. Deport them? Where to? What if they won't be accepted? No, that probably won't work. This country's prison system is expansive but such an influx is untenable at best and more likely a total non-starter. I mean there is another punishment I can think of...

There's nothing wrong with this, right?

Last edited:
Hey, great job, mother****ers. These vermin are white-hot masses of bigoted vitriol. No redeeming qualities to speak of.

Screenshot-20240913-104026-Samsung-Internet.jpg

maga.jpg

Last edited:
Ironically, this is how you create an even further broken society. Keeping the children and family paranoid and fearful can easily result in increased violence.

If I caught a tweet correctly, JD admitted the story about Haitians eating cats was possibly a rumor, but he was ok with it because it now highlighted other issues going on in Springfield.

Great. Real nice JD. Instead of the awareness, you created a new issue.
sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Hey, great job, mother****ers. These vermin are white-hot masses of bigoted vitriol. No redeeming qualities to speak of.

Screenshot-20240913-104026-Samsung-Internet.jpg

maga.jpg
At what point can the city or state file charges against these guys? Inciting panic is a misdemeanor in Ohio and can be a felony if it results in injuries. I think it’s high time the local and state attorneys put that law to use. If DeWine supported the charges I might even vote for his ass next time.

If I caught a tweet correctly, JD admitted the story about Haitians eating cats was possibly a rumor, but he was ok with it because it now highlighted other issues going on in Springfield.

Great. Real nice JD. Instead of the awareness, you created a new issue.
sarcastic sarcasm GIF
So if they lose the election does Vance continue his stint as Ohio senator?

Last edited:
Back